Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did or will Daryl bury Merle?

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by DarylFTW, Apr 30, 2013.

1. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I'm trying to get the timeline straight in my head so please correct me if I'm wrong. Daryl kills walker Merl and heads back to the prison. I can't really recall him saying anything about Merl, only Carol saying something about it to him.

So did Daryl bury his brother? I realize he didn't exactly have a shovel with him but we all know how resourceful Daryl is. He might have been able to find something else to use as a shovel, or perhaps made his own funeral pyre. What do you think? Did Daryl bury Merl? :zombies_confused:

2. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I'd assume that he somehow got buried since he helped save the group. I don't recall Daryl bringing anything to the field where Walker Merle was at, like a shovel or a vehicle big enough to take him back to the prison.

3. skittlesloli

skittlesloli Member

Hm! Hadn't thought of it!
    I think Daryl said something about how Merle never did anything like that for him before, to which Carol said he gave them a chance.
    I don't know if he buried him or not, they might have gone back for him, but I don't think Daryl would have been able to carry Merle to the prison from the silos. It would be cool if we got to see some hint, like Daryl visiting a spot he found to be Merle's grave or, like you said, a funeral pyre, or even what they did for Otis (I'm not sure what that's called).

I like it when they add little details like that, I'll be keeping an eye out for it in S4!

4. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Oh, I forgot about the rock memorial they had for Otis. That would work.
    I realize that Daryl was very hurt and angry as he was stabbing walker Merl, but it seems like he would mark his brother's passing in some way. I'm sure he couldn't take the body back. (Personally I don't think I would want anything to do with the walker Merl body) But I thought he might do something else.
    Now I'm going to be watching for any signs during S4 too.

5. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

Season 4 episode 3 is titled Weekend at Merels. I don't know what that means but it sounds like a party.

6. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

The car Merle used was still there, Daryl could've scrounged some gas and used that to bring Merle's body back for burial.

7. ArrowToTheHead

They had a service for Lori; so they better have one for Merle >_>.

8. Zombie Dubs

Zombie Dubs Member

I don't think anyone who dies off sight will be brought back for burial. They'll may put up some kind of memorial for him and Andrea though.

9. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

Rick brought Andrea's body back to the prison.
    [​IMG]
    Under the blanket, bottom right corner.

10. Damrod

Damrod Member

I am sure that he did not leave his brother to rot or to be eaten on by other walkers. He either buried him or hid him till he could return.

11. redinfll

redinfll Well-Known Member

I beleive that Daryl would have found a way to take Merles body back to the prison and had a buriel for him and Andrea.
    Everyone else that was part of the group had a grave at the prison, even if they did not have a body. When they thought
    Carol was dead they still had a cross for her.

12. gLorfindeL

gLorfindeL Active Member

merle was already a walker when daryl finished him. so his corpse wouldn't be eaten by walkers as they don't eat other walkers.