Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Did Sasha know about the coffin?

Discussion in 'Ep. 716 - The First Day of the Rest of Your Life' started by Singtress, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

I guess (unless I flat out missed something) that we are simply assuming Negan told Sasha that part of the plan was for her to arrive in a coffin? As opposed to bringing her forward as a human weapon once they got there....?

And... what could her Plan B have been if he hadn't let her hang out in the coffin (maybe assuming she might suffocate)?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sully

Sully Active Member

I'm guessing so since she seemed to be aware of the plan that whole morning. I don't know exactly what role Sasha was going to play though.

And yeah that's a good question on what Sasha would do if she wasn't allowed in the coffin. Potentially just wait for another opportunity.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

@Sully:
    What is your signature gif?
    I do NOT remember that scene. Who is Rick killing?

4. Sully

Sully Active Member

Season 5, Episode 3. "Four Walls and a Roof".

It's where Rick kills Terminus leader Gareth in Gabriel's church. Remember in the Season 5 premiere Gareth asks Rick about the bag he buried, and Rick tells him that his red handled Machete is in there, and says "That's what I'm going to use to kill you".

Sure enough two episodes later Rick has Gareth on his knees begging for his life. And that's where Rick goes "I already made you a promise" and whacks him in the head with his machete.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

Wow. I only KINDA remember that.
    I have a bad habit of watching after I take an Ambien...

6. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I remember Sasha told Negan that she could get into the coffin all the way and Negan replied that she did not have to and appreciated her offer.
    So, Negan's original plan is that Sasha rode along and then just before reaching ASZ, Sasha would be put into the coffin so that Negan would present her being inside the coffin.

My guess is, if Negan did not allow Sasha got into the coffin in the beginning, she would ask to ride in the same truck as Negan, preferably sitting next to him. I think this is playable if she insisted and made some excuse for it. Then, during the ride, she would just secretly take the pill, disguising as a drink of water. And hopefully she could turn into a walker quick enough to attack Negan.

7. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

But that couldn't have worked, because he would have seen she was dead...and stabbed her in the head or such. If they turned right away....

8. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

My guess is that the pill is like a sleeping pill and so after taking the pill, one falls asleep and then dies. So, the appearance is like she has dozed off. I remember Sasha told Negan, just before getting into the coffin, that she likes to take the time to get some rest. So, if she told Negan that she is going to take a nap, Negan would believe her, I think.

9. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

Hmmm.... yeah...that sure seems plausible.

10. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

AND...am I the only one who thought she looked more like a vampire than a walker?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

She was still fresh and without injuries, so I guess, looking like a vampire fits.
    But as I wrote in another thread, I don't think, that Sasha mainly took the pill to kill Negan. Her main goal was to take herself out of the picture, so that Negan can't use her against her people. Doing that in the coffin is much easier than in a car, surrounded by saviors. Maybe they would have had her cuffed and blindfolded - after all, she showed cooperation, but also resentment and she isn't 'Negan' yet. So it mabye would not have been possible for her to take the pill, the coffin was the saver solution imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i also think that her main goal was to take herself out of the picture so that she could not be used to bargain with Rick's group. Had Rick seen her alive, he would have been forced to comply with Negan's wishes so that Sasha could be saved. Sasha knew that Negan would have nothing to hold over Rick if she was dead already. That being said, it's pretty dumb that no one thought it was a bad idea to stick her in a coffin for that entire ride. Although its not what really happened, I immediately thought that she might suffocate in there. Not only was she in the coffin, but they covered it in a tarp and tied it down. Not much air getting in there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I agree, the coffin was a stupid idead from the saviors side. I'm still kind of amazed, that Negan allowed Sasha to take that risk.

14. NoMora

NoMora Active Member

I think that Sasha knew about the coffin from the beginning, and obviously so did Eugene because he gave her the iPod. Why would she need it if she wasn't about to be locked up in the coffin?

The coffin was a stupid and superflouse idea. Negan showing Sasha outside a coffin would have had the same effect on Rick.
    And yes, the suffocating-thing was odd, too. They either would have thought of it from the beginning and Sasha had really suffocated or they knew that she would get enough air inside and Negan wouldn't believe Eugene's story for just a second. What's more, Eugene wouldn't have even claimed that.
    It's all very illogical.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

LMAO!!!!! I feel your pain. But wow that was an awesome scene you can't remember. ;)

16. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

I am rewatching during the hiatus.

The problem is...I still take Ambien.
    Maybe 3-4 rewatches will eventually equal an entire series.

So...as a fellow Ambien user, I have to ask: Do you have any other ambien issues?
    I have a REALLY bad habit of Ambien shopping.
    I'll get a text from Amazon "Your order of "XXXX" has shipped!"
    And I freak. "What? I never ordered that! Someone is stealing my identity!!!"
    And then...a glimmer of a memory: "oh...yeah...I do kinda recall thinking it would be cool to have a pack of 800 mini Weeping Angels..."

17. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

OMG LMAOOOOOOO!!!! You crack me up girl.

I just meant I have drank a little too much and don't remember certain parts of the episode. My rewatch always cures that though.

Ambien is scary. I watched something on tv about someone who spread peanut butter on their phone and tried to eat it. I can't get through typing that sentence without laughing.

"a pack of 800 mini weeping angels" Omg I am still giggling.

18. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

ummmm what? Ambien sounds pretty cool. I'll take it before reading some posts.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I just go to my favorite debater's thread and that seems to do the trick

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Singtress

Singtress Active Member

Oh...so that's a normal side effect.
    Good to know.