Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 22: A New Beginning' started by TheILLness, May 14, 2014.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Hopefully not! :p

2. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

I liked the new species idea ... but I'm not RK so my opinion doesn't matter anyway. Where do you think this is all going?

3. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

it was with RK or Adlard that mentioned that Dwight now wields that bat instead of the crossbow in present tense.

4. Governor

Governor Member

I loved this issue, I don't know about you but I got a "The Last of Us" feel from it.
    I hate Carl's new look! he looks like a stupid hipster.
    Glad to see Negan again, I think this is the first issue he doesn't use the "f word". :zombies_lol:

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Well, a new species idea I think would throw us completely clear of the realism the show has provided so far. Way too high fantasy/science-fiction-esque. But we wouldn't need a new species for some people to develop and propagate immunity. We can have genetic traits that would allow some people to pass on immunity, while others don't, and still all be the same species. Breaking off a new species would take hundreds of generations of tightly isolated sexual reproduction. But I personally still don't really like the idea.
    Personally my guess is that we will continue to build for awhile, with a bunch of subplots and struggles along the way [from walkers, and other bad groups, and some evil people right inside Alexandria, to maybe a religious faction trying to condemn other members for sinful behavior, Negan causing trouble], stuff like that, and then eventually, after we have a nice community, with a good infrastructure going, almost resembling normal life again, with stores, and jobs, and a proper school, and police force, maybe a few of the members, like Olivia, get together and open up a delightful little restaurant [I can just see the issue now, of the grand opening of the restaurant, where we all eat together and feel like our old world is finally back... Olivia proves to be a great chef, and oh look, Mikey is waiting tables] etc, just when we think we've started over, something major will happen....say, a major earthquake or tornado[so far we haven't really seen the damage that a major natural disaster could inflict on an isolated community in a ZA] combined with a large horde, and presto chango, alla peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, we are back on the road again, nomads surviving in a monstrous world.

Just a guess.

#105 Neuropyramidal, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
  6. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

liked it except for the fact they over-gimped Rick!

7. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

I felt the same way at first. But now, after a few re-reads, it's a look that's really growing on me. It just seems so fitting and appropriate to his current position/role and the state of their world as a whole. He doesn't need to be a super-leader/zombie fighter extraordinaire anymore; it's time to pass that torch to younger more vibrant men. It's time for Rick to evolve into something else, a strong, tested, proven, wise and considerate, respected, and even a little feared by some, man amongst men. A leader of leaders so to speak, and it takes a man who has been around the block a time or two to fill those shoes. That's why so many are so eager to follow him, into battle, and now into the future. He's been through the grinder and came out clean on the other side. His new look shows all the pain and struggle his mind and body have endured over the years, yet he still stands tall, strong, and driven. As fierce of a protector of his people as he's ever been. I think Rick's new appearance hardens him beyond measure and I like it. It's a look befitting of a tenured leader of leaders. It's a cool war-torn, Mad Max, apocalyptica look; and I have to agree with Magna, that it does make him much more intimidating then he has ever been. Just one look at this new Rick is all it takes to know that he's a force to be reckoned with, his struggle is written clearly on his face and body--you just know that's a man with unrivaled strength and determination. Also, for me at least, his new appearance also casts this foreboding vibe that seems to say "this man has power and reach far beyond that which extends from his body".

#107 jwcoombs, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  8. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

I like the look, I just don't like the limp! Agree with most of what you said though

9. jwcoombs

[​IMG]
    [MENTION=25242]Z-Man[/MENTION] [MENTION=8303]Tony Davis[/MENTION] [MENTION=4329]legendx66[/MENTION] [MENTION=27521]kennyisalive94[/MENTION] [MENTION=26682]Sharpie61[/MENTION] [MENTION=5424]BatmansHooker[/MENTION]

#109 jwcoombs, May 16, 2014
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
  10. lewh

lewh Member

I think Eugene has definitely redeemed himself by now, and im glad he is still alive. Did he lose weight too?

11. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

I noticed that too, it sure looks like he did. Everyone looks so differnt, it took my the whole issue just to get used to all the new appearances. Eugene has now become one of my favorite charachters. Never would have thought that, but love what Kirkman has done wih him, and hope Gimple can take show Eugene in a similar direction.

12. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

He's lost like 100 pounds since 60.

13. lewh

lewh Member

I think I would consider him one of my favourites too! I also never thought i'd be saying that as I haven't liked him since I first seen him. However he really is a valuable member of the survivors and I look forward to where the story takes his character in the upcoming issues! (Rosita needing to talk to him??)

14. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

15. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Yeah, What Jesus don't know would fill a stadium and curl his toes. Better watch that one, He's a nibbler!

Always been a Eugene supporter. I have always mentioned him as being very likely the smartest man remaining. Isn't it good to see him use his brain for something other than faking it?

16. Wert

Wert Member

I hope Maggie grew out her hair

17. jwcoombs

Yeah, I've always like Eugene in some capacity as well. But now he's fast becoming one of my favorite characters. You hit the nail on the head by saying how good it is to see him using his intellect for something other than fraud. What a waste of talent that was, keeping up that charade for so long. But now, he's become an invaluable, integral, and even well loved and respected piece of the puzzle. I mean wow did you see how Jesus addressed Eugene after the days herding efforts? It was almost like he was reporting for duty and requesting orders from his CO. The part that impressed me the most was Eugene modesty. He was so humble talking to Rick; he has obviously become one of the most valuable assets they have but he refuses to acknowledge it or take credit. It's almost like he feels undeserving and it still making amends for the big sham he pulled. He feels he's just doing his part in hopes of a little redemption for all the paint he's caused and time he wasted. What a man Eguene's become!

Also--neat little fun fact I stumbled upon on Wikipedia. I knew I immediately liked Siddiq for some reason! This must be why!--

Siddiq (صدیق Arabic word meaning "truthful") is an Islamic term and is given as an Honorific title to certain individuals. The feminine gender for Siddiq is Siddiqah. The word is sometimes used as a title given to individuals by Muhammad, according to Islamic sources. Otherwise, it is used to denote that the person is totally trustworthy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddiq

18. jwcoombs

I think this is pretty damn awesome and worth noting as well. Issue #127 completely sold out and is going back for a second printing that will be released along with #128 next month! Wow! I wonder how many other issue have sold out upon release and gone back to print? Most likely #100; but I wonder if there's any others? Either way this is great news; especially for an issue like this one, taking the book in such a new direction, it could have been a complete flop, and there was a lot of negative chatter leading up to it, Kirkman himself remarked about being a little worried about it's reception. But it was an instant hit; no need to worry.--Glad I bought two copies!:Grin:

http://www.walkingdeadforums.com/comic-book/walking-dead-127-sells/

19. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

OR… to savor the flavor.

20. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

That is actually pretty damn cool! So could his name be a nickname, like Jesus? I always felt that Negan was a nickname as well as Magna now. Who names their kids these things?

Negan:

• The name of Negan creates a quick, analytical, and clever mind; you are creative, versatile, original, and independent.
    • You have large ambitions, and it is difficult for you to be tolerant and understanding of those who desire less in life or who are more slow and methodical by nature.
    • Patience is not your forte.
    • You do, however, have leadership ability and would never be happy in a subservient position.
    • You are ambitious and aggressive by nature.
    • You would be happiest in positions where you are free to express individually and creatively and where opportunities are not restricted; you desire freedom, and do not tolerate being possessed by others.
    • You appreciate change and travel, and the opportunity to meet and mix with others, and to influence them with your creative ideas.
    • You are very self-confident and feel you can accomplish anything you set out to do, and you can, although, this name does not allow proper completion of undertakings, and forced changes cause financial losses and bitter experiences.
    • This name also creates caustic expression and moods which prevent harmony and happiness in close association.
    • When under strain, tension could affect the stomach and solar plexus.
    • There is a tendency for you to worry.

Magna:

The name Magna is a Norse baby name. In Norse the meaning of the name Magna is: Strong. People with this name have a deep inner desire for love and companionship, and want to work with others to achieve peace and harmony.
    People with this name tend to be passionate, compassionate, intuitive, romantic, and to have magnetic personalities. They are usually humanitarian, broadminded and generous, and tend to follow professions where they can serve humanity. Because they are so affectionate and giving, they may be imposed on. They are romantic and easily fall in love, but may be easily hurt and are sometimes quick-tempered.

So who names their children these things? Robert M*****F'in Kirkman, that's who!