Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 22: A New Beginning' started by TheILLness, May 14, 2014.

1. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

I am far more interested in her Heir than her Hair. Was it a little Glenn? A mini Maggs? Or will there be a curve ball thrown, and she had a fire-headed Babraham?

Reading even more, I have concluded that Carl has an ulterior motive for wanting to move to Hilltop; It is about the girl who showed him her chest taffy. Carl likes her ok and all, but with him maturing and getting to the point that he is noticing girls, what he really can't get out of his mind is--- Sophia! It was her he was thinking of when he saw his first boobies, and is now looking for the quickest avenue to that goal. Apprenticing with the blacksmith gives him both the opportunity to be closer to her, and keeps "Daddy" from Rickblocking him. Only suspicion, but why develop them together all this time and just ignore their status as original survivors like Andrea and his Father?

2. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

A family member of mine once dealt with a kid named Ice T Baby Jesus. (worked in labor and delivery) Don't underestimate people.

3. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

That poor soul...

I knew a Quana (Not ethnic in any capacity, very cowgirl in fact.), and an actual Ben Dover (Did his folks do that on purpose, or are they just daft?). I thought I would be somewhat unique, and named my son Kamin, but found a couple with their own newborn Kamin at a kiosk in the mall where you could make custom name bracelets... Go figure.

4. GeekBait

GeekBait Member

I'm excited for where the series could go now that we've jumped ahead 2 years. Mainly what's gonna eventually happen with Negan...will Carl actually kill him someday? Oh, and I'm loving Rick's new look; the cane and robo-arm are bad-ass!

5. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking maybe Rosita is pregnant, it's the only thing I can think of. Very curious to what it is, and am glad Kirkman is actually giving Rosita stuff to do.

6. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

I agree with Carl and Sophia. They definitely have a very elaborate history together. They've shared many traumatic experiences; and have definitely been attracted to one another in a puppy love manner in the past. Carl is definitely thinking about her now he's showing interest in girls. Most of all he's thinking about their last encounter and how she drove her away; he now wishes to change that and then some, hence, like you said, his motive to move to Hilltop. I feel like at this point, this far in, any remaining original characters, no matter how minor or unimportant, should be recognized a little more and elevated some as well. I mean it's only right, they've made it so far.

You know who I've been wondering about? Father Gabriel. We know he's still alive(I think RK even mentioned him in the most recent Letter Hacks); but haven't seen him at all since #115. He hasn't even been mentioned or alluded to at all. You would thikn he would have played a larger role during the war. The war weary souls of the factions seeking peace and solace in their faith. What's that sneaky little craven been up to? He's probably holed up in the church; doesn't even know the war ended. LOL

7. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

I keep forgetting about him since he was relegated to backdrop scenery. If he stayed hidden in the church, he should have plenty to eat since he will be alone. They may need a battering ram to get in though.

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

He could have been interesting during the war as the leader of a faction inside the group who stoop up against the war, and against Rick in general, based on some religious principles. A wrench in the works for awhile. Maybe even a staged attempt to overthrow Rick. I hope they use him in some religious riot fashion in the future.

9. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I just can't see Gabriel running a riot. It would be a cool plotline but i can't see him starting it. Perhaps he tries to train a new priest and they disagree belief wise and it goes from there?

10. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

That's true. I just think he's too cowardly to go out on Rick openly. He's seen what that guy can do and has no real reason to dislike him any more. I admit the timeskip opens it up a bit more and I wouldn't be upset if it happened.

11. Neuropyramidal

I can see it happening. You don't really need a good leader for that type of thing. He could just preach a few things, and the faction would take on a life of its own.

12. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

I think Eugene's going to die soon. I can sense it's his time. He's becoming very likeable and a leader, and Rick was talking about how he shouldn't put himself in danger and that he's valueable. He could be dying of cancer or something, that might've been what Rosita was wanting to talk about. Either way Eugene's dying soon. Give him 10 issues. 10 months. I'm better than Trevschan lol

13. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

It'd be a nice change for someone to die of natural causes. When was the last time a character died from anything other than a zombie bite or murder?

14. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Yup. "You're important. We need to keep you safe." = you are going to die. Soon. And probably in a very shifty way.

15. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

Agreed...he'll most likely die after they find out he's a lying little shit..I've grown to like him though...he's definitely funny...but because he says stupid stuff

16. Neuropyramidal

Exactly. That's what we are missing in this ZA. Everyone seems to be doing so well without their medications. No seizure disorders. No insulin dependent diabetes. No heart attacks or cardiac arrhythmias. No emphysema or asthma. No migraine headaches. Not a urinary tract infection in sight! Statistically, with as many characters as their are in the comics, we should be coming across these things. We should delve into the problems of keeping a community alive without access to much of modern medicine.

17. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

I wonder if there's a doctor or not. There was Carson but he was with Hilltop right? Im sure they have a medicine stock, but it'd ad more realism if a character mentioned they had occasional migraines or something. Obviously we don't want this to be the plot of a comic, like issue 131: Heath's diabetes, but it should be further established that each community has a doctor, at least.

18. Neuropyramidal

Well Heath is a Stan Lee superhero, who can recover from a major traumatic amputation in 47 minutes, but I think a good 'Olivia's Diabetes' issue would be nice, as it would outline the unexpected hardships of living in an apocalypse, instead of just the expected ones. And it would lead to a pharmacy run which could go down hill. As for doctors, when Rick originally arrived at Alexandria, he was told that they had '3 doctors'. Denise was one [now dead], Pete Dodson/Anderson was another [dead], and the third has never been seen yet. My guess is that the existence of this third mysterious doctor will just be forgotten, but by now dozens of new members have probably been added to Alexandria, so we will see...

19. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

That's the thing they must not forget. In the show we had the opposite case which was good.

20. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

The last one I remember was Heath's friend Scott who died from his leg being infected after he fell and broke it.

I always say if Rick had a heart attack in like issue 200 it would be crazy. No plots no fights just gone.