Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Discussion

Discussion in 'Volume 18: What Comes After' started by legendx66, Feb 13, 2013.

1. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

How did you guys like the issue. I thought it was great. Interesting to see Negan is smarter than just a murderer and Eugene making bullets will hopefully keep Rick stocked up. Ezekiel soon!

2. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

I liked it, sets a few things up :)

3. marsyao

marsyao Member

What Negan did is not showing him reasonable, after what Carl did and letting him go without punishment is showing his weakness, besides now Rick would know the internal layout of Savor's headquarter, and how could fellow savors still respect Negan after he made such a stupid decision?
    And do not forget the fact that Negan does not win Rick's gratitude for releasing Carl unharmed, on the contrary, Rick saw an opportunity, now he knew the inside layout of Savor’s headquater.
    What a stupid move

4. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

He does not know that Rick knows the savior's base location. I bet if he did he would not have done what he did. I think Rick is going to strike but Negan likely has a few tricks left.

5. ThatGuy0965

ThatGuy0965 Member

it was a tad bit slow, and im getting very disappointed in michonne's character. i mean seriously, has anyone else noticed that Every black guy introduced ends up having michonne's hands down their pants?! it seems as if she's becoming weak and Needs a man to keep going. im sure soon enough she'll make a move one either Ezekiel or rick...

6. marsyao

marsyao Member

Would he expect Carl told Rick about his headquarter? Again more important, how would other Saviors see his decision? Someone could come to our base and kills several of us, and you just let him go? If this is not a show of weakness, I do not how to name it, usually a brutal dictator could survive, a weak dictator would never make it.

7. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Carl would not have seen where it was exactly. the layout I agree should have been guessed but he feels he is so superior it may not matter to him. good points but Negan is worshiped to the point where he would not be questioned. He has proven he can be extremely violent and brutal when it's needed and bested Rick rather easily again right in front of them. He is strong enough where he does not need to kill him. Negan is still undisputed leader and anyone in the savior's who made a stand would be killed long before he accomplished anything lol.

8. filthyastronaut

I think that's the purpose of that scene. She's not through with her development, that's for sure.

I thought the issue was solid. Didn't blow me away, but completely sold.

9. marsyao

marsyao Member

I doubt those saviors would worship Negan to a point that their own lives do not count, and no leader could rule without at least make his base happy, especially the fighters among those Saviors are a group of psychopaths, being a leader of a group of psychopaths is one of the most dangerous job. On the other hand, what if other groups, for example the hilltop, learns that someone kills some saviors, and Negan let him alive, would they draw the conclusion that Negan is afraid, and saviors may not be as strong as they let other believe? Why not we do something too? even we fails, maybe Negan would let us go free too.

10. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I figured it was because they were present to his reasoning and he let them live in the same sentence as brutally murdering one of their members as punishment. They chant his name and bow to him as he approaches. I would not underestimate their level of loyalty in most cases. Not all may see it like this but the majority would. Negan makes it clear he is to be feared.

11. marsyao

marsyao Member

Which one Negan murdered after Carl killing his men? Did Rick back into the line after Negan spared Carl? No, Rick only saw the opportunity after all the information Carl told him about Negan's headquarter, see what result being reasonable turning out

12. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

he didn't need to kill anyone then. He believes Rick to be more broken than he is. Dwight never mentioned jesus' escape. He does not know they are acting against him.

13. marsyao

marsyao Member

No, even Nagan did not know about Jesus, by letting Carl go free after he killed several saviors IN HIS HEADQUARTER, that would send a wrong signal, and he should know that Carl would tell Rick lot of information inside his base, and this almost is inviting Rick and other groups to make a move.
    With Carl in captive, Negan has an excellent hand of card to play, for example he could tell Rick "Look, you son come to my place and killed my men, this I would not tolerate and can not let it go unpunished, but I am a reasonable man, and you did show your obedience in my last supply run, so I will do this, I will let your so go, but in exchange, you must kill one person in your group and bring his body to me, I do not care who you kill, but you must do it." If he does this, then people in Rick's group would get the message, and it will break Rick even more, raising the question that when Rick wants to make a move next time, would his people follow him?

14. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

First, I'm glad that Carl was released unhurt.

I think Negan knew he could return Carl and still save face with his group. Yes, Carl has killed Saviors, but he's still a kid. The majority of the people the Saviors protect likely haven't killed anything to survive. They look to Negan for protection and in return they give him their complete obedience. Returning Carl can be spun as Negan making a compassionate decison instead of a tough decision.

There's also the fact that Negan respects Carl, but doesn't respect Rick. To Negan, he broke Rick when he killed Glenn. If Rick discoveres where Negan's base is located, so what? Rick's just a one-handed (censored) protecting a bunch of (censored) gutless (censored). :Grin:

15. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

great issue. starts with Rick headbutting Negan and ends with a tease of Ezekiel. like i said in the 107 preview thread im glad Eugene is contributing and making up for lying about DC. possible love triangle with him, Rosita and Holly? the panel of Hollys upset face after Rosita complemented Eugene for finding the ammo place was interesting.

i agree. glad Heath turned her down and confronted her on the shit shes pulling. hopefully itll be a wake up call for Michonne. i still think shes awesome but i dont want her to turn into a home wrecker or slut.

i also found it funny how in earlier issues whenever they went out they were in a hurry to get back, now Andreas like 'everyone up for a supply run?' theyve come a long way.

glad Negan is showing he isnt completely psycho like the Gov. Philip woulda flipped shit if Rick headbutted him. it almost seems like Negan is a combination of The Gov and Rick. but anyone else think he may have like a split personality disorder? seems like Lucille could represent his ruthless, insane side.

16. Patrickdeh

Patrickdeh Member

The thing i noticed is that Rick is kinda becomming like the governor...

Lying to his people, having "black ops" with his soldiers and stuff...

17. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Did you read the question on page 2 of letter hacks about having sex with a zombie lol

18. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Is Michonne just straight up not attracted to white people or something?

19. Donnnn

Donnnn Well-Known Member

Aye, I was thinking the same thing

20. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

Ok let's clear this up right now!

Do you really think Negan showed Carl the whole place? every room? every weapons stockpile? HELL NO....he just showed Carl what he wanted Carl to see

If he didn't spare Carl, Rick would have went ape shit and his people might have followed him into a riot of sorts, which means less food and supplies for Negan from Rick's group.

Also, Negan doesn't really give a crap about his people and thinks its bad ass that a one-eyed kid took out that many of his men and still talked shit to negan when he said to jump out the window

Also, Rick's group is pretty big now, its like a small community, but do you think he can trust every single one of them enough tot ell everyone his plan? Hell, there could even be a mole there

Rick and Negan both did what needed to be done!