Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Do any other groups really know the Saviors Scope?

Discussion in 'Episode 708 - Hearts Still Beating' started by EZD, Dec 13, 2016.

1. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I have been pondering this and I wonder if our little rag-tag group are the only ones to really grasp what they are up against here?
    I can't remember any others that have seen the Sanctuary for example and made it out of there to talk about it but now we have Daryl,Carl,Jesus and Michonne who have either been deep inside there or at least know where it is and how huge the force is there they will have to fight.

All the other groups have had visits to their homes by Outpost groups or met smaller groups of Saviors on the road and can too easily be lulled into a fight without knowing enough just like we were already!

So have I forgotten some detail or are ours the only ones who can really appreciate the scope of what they are about to try?

I think Guerilla Warfare is the only real chance they have unless they find a way to Blow them up as Daryl already suggested.

2. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

They're the only ones who know because no one else has dared to take them on, or at least gather info about them.

Sasha had to ask Jesus to go on that recon mission. He never thought of it before

3. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

But, until very recently Rick's group thought they'd wiped out the Saviours at the satellite station. Not sure what the Kingdom and Hilltop knows, but Oceanside told Tara that she didn't realize what they'd started - that there were many satellite stations and many Saviours. So Oceanside knows they're up against a large, organized group.

4. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I don't think we have seen the scope yet. I assume that Simon's group lives elsewhere, as well as the group that deals with the Kingdom.

It seems like Negan has groups that deal with the other groups so he doesn't have to.

I kind of get the impression that it's run like the mob in some kind of pyramid style. The main saviors live in the sanctuary with Negan, but he has other locations and those locations deal directly with other groups. Deal with the pickups and drop offs, then deliver some to Negan and keep the rest. But they all have their own base.

This will be the focus as war rages on. Attack outposts and dwindle down the numbers that way.

5. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Sort of like Local,State,Federal Government then?

Makes sense to me.

6. Cavedeth

Cavedeth Member

The Republic of Negan?

7. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Basically. To me the key was Simon saying "put this in the Negan truck" and how he was going to offer the scotch as a gift from himself.

I got the feeling that if Simon came from and was bringing everything back to the sanctuary, there would be no need for a "Negan truck". All of the stuff they took would be Negan's and everything would go to him regardless of which truck it was on. Plus we never see Simon at the sanctuary even though the truck went directly there with Carl inside. There were no other trucks going to the sanctuary. Negan and his crew arrive to empty it out and Simon is nowhere to be found. I felt that Simon and the other trucks went to his location while only the Negan truck went to the sanctuary.

8. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

9. RU3evil

RU3evil Member

I got a wild hair after the S6 finale and counted the saviors at the roadblocks. I kept coming up with 69-71.( I counted a fat dude as two a couple times because I don't have hi-def satellite. lol) I would say that is probably realistic for the fighting saviors.Our group killed 40 plus before that. I don't see how their could be several hundred with the size of the few existing communities. It wouldn't be sustainable. In this type of totalitarian rule the number of "workers" has to far outnumber the ruling class. That doesn't mean the people working for points won't fight though. But they aren't likely to be as formidable.

I agree that taking out the out posts first to deplete resources might be best. But also when an outpost gets taken out who's door are they going to knock on the next day? The immediate three communities would have to be ready for a counter attack.So it may be better to hit the sanctuary. Once Negan figures out the three communities are conspiring he could hit any one of them with everything, depleting the trio's resources. Now if Jesus's very realistic radio listening works they would know which community/ies are getting hit and could flank them. With SThey really need to do a little more intel than "I know where it is and This is part of the building layout". With Simon likely running an outpost they need to find that. And the outpost that was dealing with the Kingdom. So that's likely at least two more outposts.

10. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I agree mostly but I have a bad feeling that Daryl escaping will have the exact same effect and that the clock started ticking for them when he is discovered missing.
    Lucille will not be happy and that seems to make her thirsty!

I have always wondered how this could go?
    Simon already knows that the Hilltop and ASZ are in cahoots and I will bet that the retribution for Daryl escaping will fall on the heads(good huh?)of both communities and make the march to war even swifter.
    Also adds another reason for Daryl to enhance his guilt Feelings.

Unless they can re-arm somehow quickly and find a weapon of mass destruction of any kind I think the Dead are the only tool they really have and have found some proficiency of utilizing so far and thus they Dead will need to become weaponized somehow in the only numbers that could stand up to the Saviors at this point.

The whole thing has just taken too long to feel so rushed now to me.

11. RU3evil

RU3evil Member

I wasn't even thinking about Daryl when I wrote that. But Daryl escaping could also make Negan start looking at his own people (thinking it was an inside job). I think it was. He might go batty on the saviors. That may cause more conflict inside the saviors. Could go either way. But I think Negan will go looking for Daryl. He's got a real infatuation goin' on there.

The rearming thing is a big one. I'm still hoping Father G put guns/ammo in Maggies grave. I'm also hoping Maggie finished hiding guns when Glen,Michone and Rosita went after Daryl.

12. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I thought, that Ezekiel and the Kingdom at least know the numbers. Ezekiel said to Morgan something along that line: that they would fight, but that the saviors are too many. I think, that was the reason, Ezekiel accepted the deal without bloodshed (? - still not sure about Bens father and the other dead knights). And Richard said something similar last episode to Carol and Morgan, if I remember correctly.

13. bluesfan

bluesfan Active Member

ammo maybe, but all the guns were accounted for.

14. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

The books could have been doctored to reflect only the guns they have in the armory.

It goes back to Maggie in season 6, after the raid on the satellite location. They were going through a ton of guns in rolling barrels and Maggie said they needed to hide some around Alexandria.

So it is possible they still have a bunch of guns hidden, buried, that are not logged into the book.

Having said that, I think Rick was sincere when he was taking to Michonne about giving all of the guns up out of fear of being caught with them and what the consequences would be.

15. RU3evil

RU3evil Member

I think there were guns not in the books, like the savior guns. The rifle Michone had wasn't in the books (savior gun). Whatever Heath and Tara had wasn't in the books.Carol's guns weren't in inventory.Maybe the one Carl pulled on the savior. With that many not on the inventory there could be several more.

Rick made a comment to Michone about learning the outpost's guns weren't cataloged after the saviors left. Rick may not have known about the guns Maggie was hiding. He went after Carol, had other people gone, Maggie got sick and they left for Hill Top in less than 24 hours if I remember correctly.

I do think Rick believes they gave up all the guns.

16. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

That's where my head is. It was Maggie who said they needed to hide guns. Rick wasn't around to hear that. Maggie wasn't there when Negan took their guns or to hear Rick tell tell town that they needed to give them all up. So he wouldn't be mad with Maggie for hiding them like he was Michonne and Spencer.

So it is very possible they still have a cache of guns and Rick doesn't even know about them. Could also answer why some of the Alexandrians in the church looked a little suspicious when Rick was asking them about two missing hand guns. Like they are thinking "Two hand guns? What about the xx number of heavy guns we buried in the grave?".

17. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Do we really know if Negan's group has ever had a major fight? Maybe with Oceanside when their men were alive. Other than that all we've seen is the bullying tactics on small groups here and there (the library group, Rick's group on the road). If ASZ, the Hilltop and Kingdom work together and start to take out satellite stations, guerilla style, it could be interesting to see how Negan fights back.

18. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I don't remember exactly when but Maggie did suggest they hide guns all around the place for another attack like the Wolves that they needed to be ready for at all times.

I can see Maggie in the episode after hearing of the gun roundup saying something like"Oh you guys need guns? Why didn't you say so?"'

19. RU3evil

RU3evil Member

I don't think anything other than what you mentioned. We don't really know what happened with Oceanside, like how big the fight was before the men and boys were executed. A lot of Negan's guys are just bullies riding the strength in numbers thing. I would think many would show their true colors when crap really hits the fan.

20. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

We also don't know if any other group has tangled with them directly or even seen negan before as they might all think that everyone is negan?

I don't remember if they have explicitly said otherwise but maybe the outpost groups do most of the dirty work and the slaves are just at the Sanctuary.
    We also have not seen any slaves anywhere else and the outposts don't seem like the kind of place where they would have the "Community" like at the Sanctuary proper?

It wouldn't take much more than what we do know for any group who runs afoul of just an Outpost to think they know the deal but that they really don't at all just like our group didn't.