Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Do you bring Tyreese to Shirewilt?

Discussion in 'Episode 509 - What Happened and What's Going On' started by lvprguy, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Jon Snow

Jon Snow Member

Also, Abraham has been pretty much useless thus far! Terminus made him their bitch. Fair enough, he helped get the hunters. Then he goes and beats up a defenseless fat man with a mullet, and then sits on his knees for a day!

Abraham is basically the chauffeur.

2. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

This is a good point.

"I'm going into hostile territory. I need to assemble a team of fighters in case the shit hits the fan. I'll take John Rambo, John McLane, John Wayne, John Connor, John Browning, Jeremiah Johnson, and Phyllis from The Office."

3. bluesfan

bluesfan Active Member

very good point

4. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

But if I was Rick and choosing, I would NOT bring them both together as they'd look out for each other to a maniacal degree and everyone else would suffer for it.

5. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I don't agree. They have done many runs together and haven't been focused on each other to the detriment of the group, I don't think. They can actually probably work well together since they know each other so well.

6. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

Don't you ****ing dare.

If The Office was in TWD world, Phyllis would be the Ms. McLeod, and you just can't mess with that.

7. Morgotha

I was thinking about Glenn going in to the dark tunnel and taking Tara with him, primarily. If one of them was in trouble, the welfare of the rest of the group wouldn't even be a consideration. Or to look at it another way, if the group going in to a dangerous area consisted of Maggie, Glenn, and X, would you want to be X?

8. CoyoteTWD

The reason that Glenn did that is because they were separated. I'd be ok with the above scenario. Would Glenn save Maggie first over me and would Maggie save Glenn first? Of course, but they are both pretty damn good fighters so I'd go off with them. I'd rather that than be off with Glenn or Maggie without the other only to find out that something happened to the other group. That's when they go into hyper-focused "only thinking of the other" mode.

9. Morgotha

I see your point, but have to disagree on this one. If I'm going in a group, ideally I'd want to be with people who would look out for the group, not part of the group. I know that's not fair, for example, Rick would look out for Carl over Glenn, etc., but that's why they shouldn't be together either. I find that Glenn and Maggie have been portrayed to take this to a ridiculous extreme lately, so would want to avoid them all together until their heads are clear. On the good fighter part, yeah, I mean if given the choice between going with Glenn and Maggie or going with Tara and Eugene, I'd take my chances with Glenn and Maggie. OTOH, if given the choice of going with Carol and Rick vs. Glenn and Maggie, I'd take Carol and Rick. (but I wouldn't wear my red shirt or cough).

10. CoyoteTWD

Fair enough. I just hope that these are choices that I never actually have to make. :zombies_lol:

11. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Don't YOU quadruple-asterisking dare. If Phyllis is anyone other than Tyreese, she's Percy from the hospital. Nobody from The Office is on Ms Mcleod's level. Not even the mafia insurance salesman. And even he is more along the lines of the orange backpack.

#31 HondaS2kXD, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  12. steely

steely Well-Known Member

It's a dual edged sword. .. His inability to kill humans makes him worthless on a run. It makes him equally worthless in camp because I wouldn't trust him to protect Judith and the others against a human aggressor... pretty much leaves taking him out and otis' ing him as the only good option.

Fortunately his mistakes this go around only cost him his own life. .. good riddance. ..

13. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

My memory is failing me this morning. Did Tyreese ever snap out of his reluctance to kill walkers in previous episodes before the trip?
    I cant remember right now how many (if any) walkers he had killed after telling Carol that he just couldnt do it.

14. JayDee

JayDee Member

Carl would've been a better pick than Tyreese.

15. maxlvtrojan

maxlvtrojan Member

I think the only change I make is Abe should have replaced Tyreese. Heading into an unknown situation it would have been a real plus to have a "recon"/advanced scout-type. And Darryl likely stays behind because Rick sees him as second-in-command, and in-charge while he's gone. So, with his military background Abe is the obvious choice. And Michonne and Glenn are clear choices because he trusts them explicitly, they can handle themselves, and Glenn has a better relationship with Abe.

16. lvprguy

lvprguy Member

Abe would be a great choice for his muscle and military skills, however he is kind of a hot head and can be stubborn. Plus i am not sure Rick is all-in trusting Abe. I would still take Sasha as she has no problem throwing down over Ty. I could see Rick see even considering Carl just so he can have assurance that he is with me and i can protect him.