Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Do you hate Strand now??

Discussion in 'Episode 203 - Ouroboros' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 24, 2016.

1. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Don't know when....Don't know how, but eventually Maddie is going to kill Strand.

Massive foreshadowing in that scene between Strand and Maddie when Strand said to Maddie "Your not a killer"

2. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

And Strand would argue it to the contrary. He laid out the rules that he's not taking risks or taking any other people on his boat under any circumstance because it's a hazard to their survival and they've got a destination to reach.

Alicia in her naivety brought serious danger tailing them, they wanted to let 20+ people they didn't know on board. They've done a myriad of other stupid things and are starting to conspire against him and they now wanted to bring on board a dying guy and a woman who is hell bent on protecting him even to the detriment of herself and others...

I'd say the rest of them are not trustworthy.

Strand is not the issue.

We don't know about his destination, but all of them would be dead without him. 100%.

3. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I do think you're right about this. Maddie will prove to Strand she is a killer by killing him or possibly even the man he's protecting. Should be interesting to see how it all goes down.

4. rotten taint

rotten taint Member

Strand did the right thing. A person could pull them self along that line during the night and slit their throats. We know Alex would not do that, but... it was still the right thing to do.

I think Strand is like a CIA guy or an Arms Dealer...has to be something badass...

5. stagehand

stagehand New Member

let's see heading to Mexico, to a place that is like a fortress....Maybe a Drug Cartel? Could Strand run drugs which is why he originally befriended Nick , figuring he knows how to control a junkie? Ok maybe not....

6. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Alex has to sleep at some point, pee,etc. at other points.

7. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

And then create their own inbred Pitcairn Islands society? lol

8. J K

J K Member

I like Strand, would love to have him on my team. He's no nonsense and doesn't get caught up in all the hand wringing and whinging over every stupid situation these incompetent dopes seem to get into every five minutes. It's his boat, his supplies, his rules, don't like it go for a swim.

9. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I'm just giving my reaction to cutting the raft loose after agreeing to tow them--I would never trust him again. Never, not on any matter.

The others may be foolish and may have endangered the group from Strands point of view. That's why I said "Apart from debate over whether that [cutting the tow line] was justified for survival or making good time on the Abigail..."

The others make the effort to work collaboratively, and they will get smarter as time goes on. I would throw my lot in with them. It's true they are lucky to be on the ship with him, but that doesn't change the important quality of being trustworthy. Strand agreed to towing Alex and Jake and then cut the line. He is not trustworthy. He is not a man of his word. He has overtly displayed the core truth of his nature. He will stab them in the back in an instant when it suits him.

10. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

I'd more or less say he was overpowered by mob mindset in that moment and didn't have much of a choice. It's his boat, he said no and they out voted him and were insistent upon it.

Trustworthiness is not just your word, it's if you are also a danger to themselves and others regardless of intentions. The others haven't done anything but complicate matters and act as liabilities. They can't be trusted to not bring different forms of heat to themselves and the rest without being closely watched, therefore Strand owes them nothing in the way of honesty.

You would trust people that want to bring 20+ unknowns on board your ride?

11. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

The others are not following his rules.

"Boat is not stopping to pick up people, it's only stopping to drop people off".

They don't get it. They're a bunch of utter morons, minus Salazar.

12. jmobash

jmobash Member

I love Strand.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

13. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

It would be literally Impossible to survive the ZA without guys like Strand.

14. smurfeNn

smurfeNn New Member

We already have Alicia though

15. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

I read three pages and have yet to see the obvious response to the Charlie/Alex situation. When we were introduced to her in this episode, she was a raft with 4 other people. One was bitten so they got rid of him. One tried to bash in the kids head and he was stabbed by Charlie/Alex. One suggested putting the kid down and he ended up stuck in the yacht's intake. The fourth was the kid. Charlie/Alex is no innocent here, she had done what Strand did to her and the kid.

16. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

I would enjoy some cake by the ocean with Alicia.

17. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I do understand your point. I wouldn't trust my life to someone who was truthful but who was drunk and offered me a ride home. Stupid matters.

Good honorable people in the apocalypse will make kinder initial choices than the choices they will make later. That just takes time. I still want to be with them.

Think about the relationship between Rick and Daryl. Even when they disagree, they follow through on whatever plan they decide upon. They always have each other's backs. That is the kind of trust I would need to have. Hopefully I would survive long enough to meet up with people I could develop that sort of trust in.

Strand is useful right now, but his ruthlessness serves himself, not others. He is a flat out menace to others. Maybe this will develop differently, but that's what I think.

18. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

That man was prepared to kill a vulnerable teenager and even suddenly murder the man bitten in the water. He was an ass even trying to take Jake out like that, too: those might be some people's morals, but they certainly aren't my idea of morals. How was Strand supposed to know Alex had killed, anyway? As far as he knew she was just a woman with her injured friend.

Alex just wanted to protect the kid. She's human.

It would have been perfectly fair for Alex and Jake to stay on their dingy tied to the bag of the boat. They were no threat whatsoever.

19. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Glad to hear that because some people will, lol....

Rick & Daryl did not trust each other initially however, that took deep into S2, which accounted for weeks in the ZA timeline.

These guys here haven't been together weeks, but this crew has some really dumb people in it.
    See I think this is unfair and why I am commenting on the opposing view. A menace to others does not allow strangers on his ride and he's had several situations where he could have left most of them already. A menace to others goes out of his way to harm others, he is trying to avoid others at all costs. He is ignoring others. He is not helping anybody, but he's not intentionally trying to harm anyone, unlike Captain Jack with his .50 cal - that is a menace to others.

He is not willing to take in extra strangers and is not telling them everything, but we know why he's got policy #1 and are have still yet to see what he's hiding.

His companions at the moment are constantly bringing potentially dangerous situations upon themselves(which includes him)and are digging through his possessions snooping around.

So again, yeah nobodies trust worthy but you can't just cite Strand as not trust worthy here when the others are doing well to get all of themselves killed.

There's no Rick or Daryl among them. But I thought that seeing a more ruthless group develop would be interested because we've got TWD for the other.

20. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Alex is a female Strand. If Stand only knew this, he would let her on the boat and gain an ally in survival against the Madison-Travis-out-to-lunch family who are remain clueless about what is required to survive.