Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Do You Remember Your First Horror Movie?

Discussion in 'Horror Discussion' started by Muthoni, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Fan

Fan Member

The first one I can recall was Leprechaun. I had nightmares about it for years. My dad didn't really censor what I would watch too heavily.

2. IncognitoForever

IncognitoForever Active Member

Poltergeist. I was a kid in the 80s and that movie scared the bejeezus outta me.

3. Dreamer14

Dreamer14 Member

I can't remember my first one for sure, but I think it was Nightmare on Elm Street. Not a good one to see if you don't want to have bad dreams. hahaha!!

4. Candieskulls

Candieskulls New Member

I think it was Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow. It came out in 1999, had the DVD, so I was probably eight years old. I wasn't traumatized by it though. In fact, I was obsessed. I'd try to show it to my friends before they left, yelling, "Wait! You're gonna miss the part where this guy gets his head chopped off!"

I may or may not have had a slight attraction to Christopher Walken's horseman character in that back then. :zombies_blush:

5. jeffe

jeffe New Member

The Shining. I remember being more confused than scared as a kid

6. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

The first one I stumbled upon on my own was "Killer Clowns From Outer Space", but then once I got old enough (maybe 12 or 13) my mom rented "Night of the Living Dead" and showing it to me. I always enjoyed the super natural stuff more, and things dealing with evil entities and such.

7. JPG119

JPG119 Member

The original Predator, not even a horror movie, nightmares for weeks

8. mercmonster

mercmonster Member

Oof, not even sure. The child catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was pretty horrific...

9. Morton

Morton New Member

It was Ghostbusters. :) I watched it at the age of five.
    My first proper horror movie might have been Nightmare on Elm Street or Aliens.

10. Driver'sSeat

Driver'sSeat New Member

Yes, and I've never forgotten it. A friend rented Trilogy of Terror and to this day I still remember parts of it and I think of it once in awhile especially when I see a scary mask. My second was Friday the 13th (first one) and then The Exorcist. I moved up in the horror food chain pretty quickly. :)

11. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Don't remember my first horror movie. I remember the first movie that freaked me out was Signs. I was about 11/12 at the time, and my bedroom was in the basement. And I mean freaked out. But even at that age, I was a tactical genius. For the next week or so, next to my bed, I kept a loaded

squirt gun. Because water is what kills aliens. Knowledge is power.

12. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

That movie scared the shit out of me, too. The alien that they showed on the news at the kids birthday party in Brazil (that Joaquin Phoenix was watching in the crawlspace), scared the f***ing shit out of me and scared me for a while.

The first movie that scared me: Attack on Mars. The aliens were creepy and they were mean to animals.

13. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

The part that freaked me out was when they were in the basement. Like I said, my bedroom was in the basement at the time, and we had this room way in the back that was just an unfinished root cellar. No light. Creepy as hell. That was our house's weak point.The aliens would have totally found their way into that room, then came at me. My parents slept just upstairs, but even if i was able to scream, it would be too late. So, I bravely kept a water pistol on the floor next to my bed, and turned on every light in the basement every time I heard a noise-- better safe than sorry.

14. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Not a horror movie but the first adult movie I remember watching any part of was Pulp Fiction. I was like 4, and I remember the f*cks, the music, and Samuel L. Jackson's hair. That's it lol.

15. USMC

USMC New Member

i was 5 or 6, lol and it was Friday the 13th part 2...... dont remember a whole lot about it at the time......

the first two that i remember'd was the OG nightmare on elm st, and the exorcist... watched both of them back to back when i was 8 or 9 i believe on halloween lol..... needless to say i didnt sleep well for a long time

16. GrizzlyBear

GrizzlyBear Member

First horror movies were Silver Bullet, Friday 13th, Night of the living dead.
    My best friend and me showed his sister Child's Play few days after she got a Chucky Doll.
    Scared her to death wouldn't come out from under bed. His mom didn't think it was funny as much as we did. Both got our butts whipped.

#36 GrizzlyBear, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  17. jymbo

jymbo Member

I was young when I saw Vincent Price in House on Haunted Hill, it scared the crap out of me.
    As I watch it now , I just laugh , but in the old days there were no special effects.
    The Haunted was the next one that got me.
    Any movie with Price or Boris Karloff, and Lon Chaney were the best.

18. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Ron Jeremy's bird was ostrich sized! and this video of his may qualify as the scariest thing I've ever watched!
    [video]https://youtu.be/6xljA6zJn4I[/video]

19. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) was mine. Followed by Stephen King's 'It' (1990) and Child's Play (1988).

20. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I can't remember for sure but it was probably one of the Friday the 13ths. I am a huge horror movie fan. When my best friend and I were pre-teens (way back in the 1980s)we used to sleep over at each others house every week and we would always rent two movies, one comedy and one horror. I've seen so many horror films I can't even count. They generally don't scare me at all and I love the campy fun of the cheesy ones. I can honestly say that the only movie that actually scared me to the point where I was scared to go to sleep was "When A Stranger Calls". It's become a joke these days "The call is coming from inside the house" but as a child that was terrifying. I remember wishing that I hadn't watched that one.