Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Do you think Carl will kill Lizzie?

Discussion in 'Episode 410 - Inmates' started by Ethan Kickett, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

I agree.

This is probably what will happen. If Lizzie kills Mika, Carol should do it. If she kills Judith, I wouldn't mind Carl doing it.

2. MassiveDynamic

MassiveDynamic La Jiggy Jar Jar Doo

3. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

^THIS.

#23 jwcoombs, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  4. EmeraldFire

EmeraldFire Member

I think Lizzie has the potential to become the next Governor if she stays down the road she's been on.

5. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

I'm walking out the door and I don't mean to disrespect the time you put into your post but I have to point out one thing....

I strongly disagree with you saying Brighton Sharbino is "terrible." She is rocking the hell out of her role. She is one of the most talked about characters online and has been for months. She was amazing and totally creepy beyond belief last night.

6. Machete

Machete Active Member

This guy is clearly trolling... no one can think that Lizzie has done more for the group that Carl.

Carl has certainly made mistakes, but he seems to learn from them which is good. I like to imagine he was thinking about the walker that killed Dale when he put Jody down, ie "If I let this guy live, will he come back to kill my friends and family?" That on top of the fact that Jody was clearly not dropping the gun, I would have shot him too.

7. yangxai

yangxai Member

well that was a long post and I'm at work so im gonna answer as best as i can for now

Hershel was there and saw what I saw; cold blooded murder. Your right it was a fact that he was walking towards them; but it was also a fact that he was dropping his gun. Rick obviously believed Hershel hence taking away Carl's gun and going all peaceful farmer guy.

that's a pretty long list and I commend your dedication to show. Your right he has been useful but he's also been huge liability. Thats why I pick Lizzie over him. For some reason he acts like he's got a huge chip on his shoulder, always trying to prove him self a man and going off by himself. He's been doing this since season 2 and still doing it today. And usually getting himself or some one else into dangerous situations

Dale was a fool for walking alone by himself; I've never once said he wasn't. That's why Carl to me is such a liability he keeps on doing it. If your as critical of Dale going off by himself; then you should be as equally as critical of Carl for doing the same thing. Only reason he has survived all those time so far is because of Plot armor and there were no ninja zombies around at the time :zombies_lol:

People are too worked up on the smothering part. People have smothered (drugged up) there babies to the point of passing out for thousands of years to keep them quite when they are surrounded by things that want to kill them. It has saved many real lives, even the lives of those very same babies. I'm quite happy they wrote this in, give people a look at what real desperation could do.
    The only thing that dissapointed me about this scene was that she didn't stop once there position was compromised already.

If i didn't cover anything PM me and ill give you a better response

8. Walker709

Walker709 Active Member

I'm a big fan of Carl but it would be really funny if Lizzie beat him up in a future episode. :zombies_lol:

9. BrainDead

BrainDead New Member

Lizzie will be killed by Ty when he finds out that it was Lizzie that killed the 2 people at the prison. I can also see Carol killing Ty at the same time trying to protect Lizzie. Carl killing Lizzie wouldn't make a lot of sense unless she killed Rick or Judith.

10. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

Ehh, I am going to have to disagree with you there. That scene where she's crying out at the fence "And now he's dead!" had to be one of the worst scenes in the series. Not to mention when she was faking sick, those had to be some of the worst coughs I have ever heard. She has some good scenes, but some of them have been cringe-worthy.

She might do really good with the psycho Lizzie scenes though.

11. MantisTaboganMD

To answer the OP's original question, yes I could see that happening if it goes down that road. Although it'd be more emotionally fitting if Carol was the one to do, but either way the pay off would be just as good.

But this is something that's been bugging me since season 3: People calling it a "cold blooded murder" when Carl shot the Woodbury soldier. I mean, what would you do if someone who has just tried to slaughter your friends and family, take your home and was working with the guy that's undoubtedly your enemy? The guy wasn't hesitant to drop his gun, he just simply didn't do it. It was the right call, sad but true. It's the world they live in now, AMIRTIE?! And as a side note, at that point in the show I was so/so on Carl, he was kind of annoying but since then(and especially this season) he's becoming one of my favorites.

12. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

It'll be a big turn for his character, but I'm not so sure it'll happen. It'll make a lot more sense if they planned it that way to have him interact with her back at the prison to add to the emotional and psychological weight if that were to play out.

13. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

Don't kid yourselves. Lizzie may be colder then Carl, he may be more weaker emotionally[needing his Dad. Though I wouldn't call that a weakness] but he'd still wipe the floor silly with her in an actual fight if it really came down to it.

Here's the thing. I'm not saying it wasn't cold because what Carl did was cold. But a cold decision is not always the wrong decision. He's not a psychotic killer as you put it, otherwise we might as well call everyone that killed someone that attacked them first a psychotic killer. Is Daryl a psychotic killer? Put yourself in Carl's shoes: What did he know? All he knew is that Jody had just tried to kill his family and friends and was now walking towards him slowly with a gun to hand it over when he was told to drop it. Those are the facts, Jody disobeyed direct orders just after trying to kill them. Because of that whether it was murder or not is irrelevant.

He's trying to prove himself to the others because he isn't treated like an equal when he's earned it. He's saved everyone's life at one point or another, he helps out, he's risked his life for the group on multiple occasions. When he tries to contribute, he gets glossed over because "he's a kid" - Oh and by the way, Lizzie is no different. She was saying essentially the same thing in the Mid-Season Finale. They may be kids but they can still help out.

Oh, and when he "goes off on his own" he tends to save lives or is getting supplies. With Hershel, Tyreese and his group, even his own father. The last time someone else was really put in danger because of his actions was with Dale. The only other note-worthy example would be Michonne in "Clear" but Carl didn't even want her to come along, that was her decision. He hasn't put anyone else in danger in a long time, he's been protecting and saving people.

Lizzie has done the same. She wants to help someone, so she goes on her own to distract walkers, trips and put Hershel's life at risk.

The thing is, Carl's usefulness far outweighs the amount of times he's been a liability. That list proves it really, his liability wouldn't even be half as long. Carl has been rocking this season, he alongside Rick saved everyone.

I am critical of Carl walking out on his own and indirectly killing Dale, it was the dumb. That's not even debatable, well unless your my cousin [biggest Carl fan ever] But what Dale did was the epitome of stupidity, it was dumber. Dale was supposedly one of the wisest men, Carl was a young boy who had two parents that were never around. The adults should be setting the examples. Anybody could of been in Carl's place, left that walker and it would of still ripped open Dale because people have left lone walkers before, that wasn't the first time. Whereas someone else other then Dale might of had more common sense not go out into the middle of the night.

That's exactly why I and I'm sure others didn't like it. It wasn't desperation, it was full blown creepiness. The way it was shot, the sound was fading out, Lizzie was fading out as she continued to suffocate little Judith even after they were compromised.

14. Porfivor Nixon

It would be great if Lizzie killed Carl. Think of all the terrible acting we would be spared from watching in the future, it would be the most magnanimous gesture to a group of people since Gandhi. Someone came up with an intriguing idea that Carol might kill Lizzie because she sees how terrible she is. That would be quite a leap for her, I think- too much, but it's interesting. Obviously Lizzie cannot stay with the group in the current direction she is headed so either she has to have a "road to Damascus" moment or someone is going to have to take her out.

15. Moral Compass

Moral Compass Member

Lizzie didn't save Judith all by herself, Tyreese helped. Oh, and then Lizzie tried to smother her. Yup, she's very useful.

16. GeekBait

GeekBait Member

I have a feeling they're setting it up like that.

17. lee7189

lee7189 Member

I agree with you on the really poor acting skills of these 2 characters. A major casting fail.

#37 lee7189, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  18. lee7189

lee7189 Member

I couldn't decide if she was faking being sick (which would mean her acting wasn't so bad) or if she was supposed to really be ill. Both previous and subsequent scenes lead me to believe she's just a poor actress. And her little sister too. It makes it difficult for me to really invest in these 2 characters.

19. lee7189

lee7189 Member

I hope both of these actresses don't read this forum because although I feel they aren't skillful I wouldn't want their feelings to be hurt by criticsm.

20. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

The actor who plays Lizzie is only 11 (I believe), and she's doing a heck of a job. A better actor than Carl's actor, who I honestly just don't find believable. People might disagree, that's fine.