Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Does Carl seem any different to u?

Discussion in 'Episode 611 - Knots Untie' started by Duce000, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I know in the comics after Carl gets shot he is suppose to become cold. But he seems the exact same as before. Do u think this is intentional? Will Carl revert back to season 3 Carl?

2. TROR

TROR Member

He's definitely different. He'll get way more brutal after the season finale when someone he's close to dies.

3. Tyler

Tyler Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you're expecting. When Carl lost his eye in the comics, he didn't become a dick and start being cold to everyone.

He's definitely different though, it's just subtle. I don't think Pre-Injury Carl would of been cold to Enid for example. The opportunity hasn't presented itself yet to see just how cold/ruthless he can be yet.

4. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Like Ty said, he hasn't really had any opportunity to show how he's changed. There are differences, but it's too soon to really see how dramatic they are. the only things of note so far are that his fuse seemed a little short with Enid, and whereas two-eyed Carl tried to help the wolf he'd just shot, one-eyed Carl held Jesus at gunpoint-- although, I would've hoped the first experience should have taught him not to let somebody come within reach of your gun. Also, he does seem to have at least a bit of self consciousness over his disfigurement-- as he told Rick that a kid with a messed-up face wouldn't make the best first impression.

5. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Eye feel like he's missing something...

6. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

i wood agree

7. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

From now on, Carl keeps an eye on everything.

8. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Carl might have saved his eye if he lashed out earlier and kept a lid on things.

9. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

Well I guess that's Tru. I'm not really sure what I'm expecting he just seems the same to me but maybe after some more time I'll start to see a difference.

10. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

They're probably taking a different path here than we saw in the comics. Some of the things Carl did there likely won't work on TV because he's much older now than he is in the comics. You also have Judith alive. Rick was always fighting to keep Carl in Alexandria, but here he just volunteered to stay back. So I believe that scene indicated a significant departure moving forward.

11. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

Rick told him to come along when they left with Jesus and Carl is like, "no they don't wanna see an ugly kid with a face like this". I think we will see more of this with Carl when he gets more screen time in upcoming episodes.

12. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

To be fair, we haven't really had a lot of time to see him change all that much yet. We've only had two episodes since it happened. Last week the way he acted toward Enid seemed like a bit of a change. He was a lot colder and more indifferent toward her than he ever was in previous episodes. He was always kind of clunky and nervous around her before.

He surprised me in this episode. Throughout the whole series he was always fighting with Rick to be allowed to join the fight. Rick expected him to come along, and he said that he'd stay behind to protect Judith. That's also a big change.

13. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

They need to patch things up.

Some of these posts are so cornea.

#13 westwingnut, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  14. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

I doubt that Carl will actually go down the same path as he does in the comics - I don't think he and Negan will have the same 'relationship' that they do in the comic - remember Carl is very much still a little boy and easily manipulated and impressionable.

Plus they spent so much time making him likeable they can't go ruin it

15. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

He's missing the same eye the Governor was missing.
    The chance of that happening...
    Coincidence?

16. batongal

batongal Active Member

He's self conscious about his looks which lowers his self esteem and in the teen years....not a good combo.

17. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Between Lori's death and hooking up with Michonne, Rick jerked off with the same hand as Han Solo.

Coincidence?

18. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

I'd say there was about a one in two chance it would be the same eye.

19. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

"Carl, cover your eye!" - Chris Hardwick

20. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

I need to go back and rewatch the scene with him and Enid again. I didn't really get a feeling of him being cold towards her but maybe I just don't remember that scene that well