Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Does Rick group have anything close to a 50 cal?

Discussion in 'Episode 314 - Prey' started by mtamborra, Mar 18, 2013.

1. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

I'm not gun expert but I know all the history programs I've seen show that those mounted 50 cal guns really tear shit up. What does Rick's group have to counter this? They didn't even show them take the grenades from Morgan's place.

2. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Rick and his group are outgunned and outnumbered.

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Rick's the Hero of the Show. That counts way more than the guns against him.

The only movie where it did NOT count that I'm aware of is in the movie "Dudes".

4. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

Honestly if they didn't take those grenades from Morgan they deserve to die. That would be the ultimate stupid move.

5. AVC

AVC Member

The prison is a terrible place to defend. You've got an entire treeline that is way too close. They need to flank that 50 cal, or go pre-emptive.

6. Cons72

Cons72 Member

7. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

50 cal with an inexperienced shooter < Grenades thrown by anyone with aim

8. Darth Erroneous

Darth Erroneous New Member

Honestly, instead of going on a run back to Cook County they should have gone back to Atlanta and grabbed the harware off of the Humvees and tanks that Rick came across in S1E1. Had ammo and everything ready to go. Chances are with the Walkers and such it would still be intact and they could have taken them with minimal casualties.

9. Morgotha

That 50 cal can open up from 1000 yds away though, the guy with the grenades is going to be running through 960 yds of fire before throwing his grenade about 40. Personally, unless they were already right near each other to start with, I'd bet on the guy with the 50. It would take a serious hard @ss to keep charging some guy that was firing a 50 at him over an open field for hundreds of yards.

10. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

And a person without the 50 cal doesn't need a jeep so they can use guerrilla tactics. Nobody is going to stand in front of a 50 cal gun of any sort. Hell you might not want to stand next to it either unless you like hot spent rounds jumping on you.

11. trueblood234

trueblood234 Member

All that will really do is attract more walkers towards the gun!!

12. Al Davis is back

One strategy may be to booby trap the road coming in and eliminate it. Once you take out their mobility, they are in essence pinned down as well with an army of walkers pressing in.

13. Lawman

Lawman Member

I was always thinking about traps but need to figure out how to do it with Walker randomly moving about. They will trip any wire trap. The only thing I was thinking of doing would be to put disabled vehicles on the road to block it, with traps in the vehicles.

14. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

The gun is great. But how much ammo do they have. Someone on a 50 cal can eat up hundreds of rounds in the time it takes to sneeze.

15. TexinOhio

TexinOhio Member

Didn't Morgan have a few RPG's? A few that Rick could have taken back to the prison.

16. Silky

Silky Member

Their best bet is to strike first. But Rick is unsure so I don't think they will. I just don't see how Rick can't sit around and not prepare himself. When they opened fire on the prison the first time. They were trying to kill everyone. That would be enough to never trust them again.

17. ripbongs420

ripbongs420 Member

They weren't trying to kill everyone. The prison group was completely off guard, If Philip wanted to kill them all at that point (low on supplies/cover, no defense tactics worked out, not paying attention) I really think he could've. Don't you think he would have brought the mounted 50 if he wanted to kill them all right then? And why would he be doing this:

[​IMG]

He was just having fun.

18. Zombombie

Zombombie Member

They have that bulletproof filing cabinet and Axels corpse to soak up all the 50cal rounds, i cant see it being a problem for them.

19. RDZ

RDZ Member

Very good points, I am sure the prison group is busy looking for more file cabinets to strategically deploy around the yard for cover. Do you think Carol will carry Axel around in front of her while wielding an AR15?

20. Morgotha

I know you guys are kidding around, but here:

[​IMG]

From WWII, hitting straight on a 50 cal with armor piercing ammo is good for 20mm (2.0cm or ~0.8 inches) of armor plate. The prison is stocking some serious file cabinets, and Axel? Well he's just the man. Team prison should be REALLY glad of the governor's people's lucky shot, if Axel was a zombie, they'd be hacking on him a LONG time before he dropped!