Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Dollie from Daryl

Discussion in 'Episode 305 - Say The Word' started by Karen, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Karen

Karen Member

Did anyone else notice Daryl carrying the Dollie in daycare center? When they got back to the prison and he threw his stuff down the doll was one of the things he brought back for the baby!!!! How friggin cute is that!!!!!!

Also, before he left to get supplies for the baby he pulled Beth aside and told her the kid just lost his mom and his dad doesn't look so good - or something like that and Beth said she would keep an eye on him.

I love how Daryl seems to feel the need to take care of those who can't take care of themselves!

2. DJEvvo

DJEvvo Active Member

So we've established that you have a massive damp patch for Daryl.

Don't worry, I think we all do ;-)

3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

If I could only spread Daryl on a cracker...

Love him!!!

4. Pharris

Pharris Member

A very sweet gesture, but sort of unnecessary at this point. A newborn doesn't need (or want) a doll. What mightve been helpful would be one of those battery operated stuffed bears that mimic the sound of in-utero heartbeat noises. It helps soothe the baby while sleeping and keeps their crying at bay.

5. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I think it was obvious back in season two when he wouldn't give up on Sophia that he is a compassionate and caring character...

6. DJEvvo

DJEvvo Active Member

When my youngest was born he became attached to a similar teddy within a couple of days. It has been great for comforting and soothing him when he's unsettled or upset. I think it was very insightful. My thoughts at the immediate time were 'that was thoughtful of him, and a good idea that I probably wouldn't have thought of myself'.

It's a nice touch from the writers and show that Daryl is thinking beyond just survival. He's also game for a laugh. Shouting Glen down from the guard tower, for example (304 I think).

I think it's to show that Daryl is considering the morale of the group aswell as their physical welfare.

7. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

Daryl got a thing for little girls, Merle said that, at least the illusion Merle.

8. Buttercup

Buttercup Member

My heart melted, when he was holding the baby doll, in the daycare. He has soft spot.