Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Dwight's Chances

Discussion in 'Episode 815 - Worth' started by Weallgotit, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Wow have I changed my tune from last season. I was one of those people that really wanted Daryl or Tara to off Dwight. Now I'm hoping he can somehow get out of Negan's clutches because he has really helped our group out. As a couple of people in the Live Reaction thread suggested I wish he would have gotten his tail out of there when he had chances to. But he chose to stay for whatever reason and he is toast. And of course, Laura survived just for the one purpose to expose Dwight to Negan. What plans does Negan have for him I wonder. Anyway, it looks like Dwight's a goner and that cowardly traitor Eugene lives. Figures.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I think Negan is going to set it up that Dwight gets back to Rick and let's Rick know it was Dwight who gave them false info so one of team Rick kills him.

I think in Negan's mind he wants Dwight dead, but if he kills him Dwight sort of becomes a martyr for Rick, he will die a hero of sorts. So Negan would want to sabotage that and make sure Dwight dies in such a way that Rick believes he's a traitor. That way nobody "misses" Dwight and nobody is sad for his death.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I really think you're on to something, but my intuition is that Dwight is actually safe. Negan does not want to kill him and has "plans" for him. I imagine he won't be present for the final battle and held captive for most of the action. Ironically, I think tonight's episode has really sealed Dwight's presence in Season 9.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Dwight should have left with Gregory. He knew the Sanctuary was unstable. How he gets out of this will be something to see. Maybe Sherry comes back and saves the day again?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

He couldn't leave.

In his mind, Negan didn't know he was a traitor and he believed the plan was real. If he left it would have tipped off Negan that he was a traitor and that would have forced Negan to change his plan. So as far as Dwight knew, he had to keep up the idea that he was a savior.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I think at some point Dwight will be at the final battle but only because of these plans Negan has for him. I just think he will use Dwight against Rick somehow to spring a trap. We'll see.

• Like Like x 1
  7. calliope

calliope Active Member

I think they'll look to close the arc between Daryl and Dwight in some manner. Perhaps Daryl has to make a choice in the moment whether to kill Dwight or let him live. I'm guessing that he'll chose to spare Dwight.

Then, of course, Dwight will die tragically in the next moment! :( I have to say that Dwight has really grown on me. I hope he makes it.

8. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I'm still of the mindset that the show won't keep both Dwight and Daryl, given that Daryl already had many of Dwight's attributes from the comic, basically having two "Dwight's" on the show. So I figured one would die, and seeing as Daryl is still a fan favorite (despite what many vocal fans have been saying) and he still sells the most merch. It makes sense that they would kill Dwight.

If they do, I imagine it will be a heroic act and he will basically become a martyr, of sorts. Leaving Daryl to accept that people can change and start to view the world a little different from how he has been recently.

However, since

(Not sure that needs spoiler tags at this point)

They are obviously OK with straying far from the comics, so maybe Dwight lives and leads the "new" saviors as a good group, or leaves to find Sherry, or just sticks around. It's possible that they put enough separation between the two characters so they can each stand on their own.