Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Elena and Hector

Discussion in 'Episode 210 - Do Not Disturb' started by Neuropyramidal, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Were they right to lock the wedding party in, given what they knew at the time? ;)

2. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

I think so. But if they thought it was a virus that was going to spread, surely they themselves would have been at risk of spreading it, thus making them hypocrites in one sense. No even so I can understand their thinking, however cruel is may be.

3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

It's being compared to how Gabriel locked out the parishioners. She will need to redeem herself, but I don't think they will live that long.

4. BlackLightning

Yeah they are very similar. But delightfully ironic: Elena was trying to protect the rest of the hotel guests and it backfired. Gabriel was afraid and only wanted to protect himself but it ended up working.

That's probably part of the reason why the hotel guests hate them.

5. mishone

mishone Member

Yes, with the information she had at the time, she needed to protect the other guests. She saw the father of the bride attack his own daughter, she had called for help but they never showed.

6. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I am never staying at a Mexican Hotel thats for sure!

How could she think that was OK given that we saw nothing at all to suggest that an epidemic was in the immediate future?
    Her job was to take care of the Guests and the Hotel but she clearly turned her back on the guests under the weak excuse of saving the Hotel.
    The Mother of the Bride talked about the "Sickness" and potentially closing the borders and all but it still seems pretty extreme to me to just lock them in and run away?
    She basically condemns them all by herself.

We also have yet to compare it to the Arena in LA where the soldiers locked the living inside with the dead and ran away. That situation was already well underway when they did that one and much more easy to accept to me.

Gabriel is just a chickenshit and so far Elena seems cut from a similar mold to me.

#6 EZD, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I agree, I don't think she was justified, even given her limited knowledge of how the sickness spreads. If she thought a good portion of the wedding party was contaminated, then she had just as much reason to think she herself, and Hector were also infected, as they had close contact with several of the party. In addition, there would have been many other people, such as cooks, caterers, waiters, and other staff that would have been in close contact with the wedding party, coming in and out of the room, but would not have been in the room at the time. Some would have been in the kitchen, at the bar area, etc.

In addition, there seemed to be enough evidence in the news at that point for her to come to the conclusion that whatever this illness was, it was happening all over. Meaning people all over the city and country were coming down with it, and could be entering and exiting her hotel all the time.

So for her to lock the entire party in the room was overkill, and likely just served to speed up all of the party's deaths.

A smarter act [although admittedly, more difficult logistically], would have been to quickly get most of the wedding party out of the room, and then lock in just the few who were in direct contact with Charles [the father] after he turned. Harder to maintain, because the rest of the party would have wanted to get back in the room to see how they were doing, but if she had enough hotel security to man the door, it could have been done.

Soon chaos would ensue anyway, but at least the remaining wedding party would have had their freedom to live or die by their own decisions.

8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

You and your winks. It makes me laugh. lol
    I think it was a bit hypocritical of her. And more to possibly save herself. That's all I have to say about this subject. ;)

9. Znuts

Znuts Member

I think Elena made a quick decision to save the hotel above the guests and is now regretting it somewhat. She didn't really know how the virus was spread. I think all she knew was that the people who contracted the virus started attacking their own kind, so she just contained it until the help she requested would arrive (even though help never arrived).