Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Enid's secrets

Discussion in 'Episode 607 - Heads Up' started by Blueman, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

While Glenn tried his best to persuade Enid to go back to ASZ with him, Enid was not too eager. Perhaps because her entire outlook of human life is bleak. And, perhaps it is also due to her secrets.

http://www.walkingdeadforums.com/tv-series/katelyn-nacon-confirms-turtle-eater-girl-has-secrets/

The above article is right from this site. I do not think it is spoiler material and so I do not use spoilers.

I wonder, if one of her secrets is that she is an escapee from the same group that went after Dwight+Sherry+Tina. And she expects this group (Negan) will come to ASZ sooner or later.

Note that 'secrets' is plural and so she has more than one.

(And no, she is not a Romulan...lol)

2. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

That kind of strikes me as a misleading title for the article. It sounds like they're going to develop her character more, and I'm sure we'll be learning a lot about her that we didn't know previously, but saying "she has secrets" makes it sound somehow more severe. It's possible that she does have huge secrets, but her saying that we'll be seeing more of her, literally and metaphorically, could mean a lot of things.

A lot of people have speculated that Enid is a Wolf, but I find that to be a little silly. The Wolves aren't the kind of group that sends in reconnaissance to scope out a community before attacking it. They're the kind of group that throws a bunch of Molotov cocktails, climbs the wall, and starts hacking shit apart while slamming into the wall with a giant truck. I don't think they were really trying to 'take' Alexandria. They were just trying to kill everyone there and take some of them somewhere else.

One of the strongest arguments that people use to support this claim is when she and Carl are in the house during the Wolf attack. She was saying "This place is too big to protect. That's how we..." and then gets interrupted. A lot of people claim that she slipped and was about to say "that's how we managed to attack this place" or something along those lines. I think it's more likely that she meant "that's how we (she and Carl) were able to get outside of the fence without being noticed."

I think Enid is going to become a more important character. I like her character quite a bit.

3. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

yea I don't believe she is a wolf either mainly for the reasons u stated. Her that's how we statement to me maybe referencing her past. Maybe her family was a part of a bigger community that got attacked and that's how they ended up in the road where her parents were killed. But I don't think it was a slip up telling some plan she was a part of to take Alexandria. Just a slip up of a past event she doesn't want to talk about

4. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Enid is acting a lot like she does have some big secrets... The writers better not let us down.. I want some very dark secrets.

5. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Show us on the doll where Olivia touched you, Enid.

6. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I think Enid is a traumatized kid and doesn't have any secrets that would be of any interest to anyone else.

7. drifter77

drifter77 Member

Enid was only on her own for a couple weeks before getting to ASZ. How many deep dark secrets could she have developed in that short a time. I'm a little curious where she and her parents were before their car broke down. Seems like a place similar to ASZ, since her parents seemed just as weak as the Alexandrians.

8. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Enid's secret is that she's really Beth in disguise.

9. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

She ate a tortoise, thats not something she should share.

10. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

Enid is traumatized from the death of her parents as she had to watch them die, and fending for herself before stumbling upon ASZ. She is always prepared to jump ship if something bad goes on. I do predict her and her family may have been running from a bad group, my guess Negan and the saviors.

11. Berry

Berry Member

I believe that Enid and her parents were part of a group. Which type?

1. Refugees from an attacked group

or

2. Escapees from an aggressive group (like Daryl's bike thieves)

Arguments could be made for either type of group, but I'm pretty certain it's the former, #1.

I've sat and thought about this for a while to figure out WHY I think so, and every argument that goes to #1 could also be applied to #2.. except one.

If Enid had been part of a strong, aggressive group, and didn't have faith in Alexandrians (knowing her ex group, or one like it would eventually come and attack) then her behavior around the Alexandrians makes sense. BUT, when Rick's group came to town, she would have recognised strength and would have latched right onto them.

Instead, she's repelling Rick's group with the same ferocity as the Alexandrians.. showing she has never been part of a strong group.

Linking back, this may explain why Daryl's bike thieves didn't go with him. After Daryl admitted his people may have been taken, they felt his group must be weak. People that have been part of a strong (aggressive) group will NOT want to be part of a weak one.

#11 Berry, Nov 26, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  12. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

Enid is obviously traumatized, understandable, considering she watched her parents die and had to survive on her own for a while after that. I really don't think she's that mysterious though, as in keeps any significant secrets. The scene of her and her parents also didn't really make me think they were running from bad people. Actually, they looked relatively ignorant and inexperienced. Yes, this makes it a possibility they had been with a group like the Saviors themselves, but I don't think it adds up. I think people really need to stop trying to link everything to Negan here.

The fact that she's not too eager to return has in my eyes no more reason than the fact that she's running away from pain and danger. When she left the Wolves were still present, she has no reason to think that the community partially survived. And don't forget, people who just lost someone dear to them often push others away. She let Carl in a little bit, maybe Ron a little bit as well, but it's very obvious to me she's really not allowing anyone to get to her heart to avoid more of those situations.

I mean, of course, it's not impossible she has a secret, I just don't think that that is it. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

13. Bullseye

Bullseye Member

I don't think she is a wolf but there is something going on. I think she got away from negans lot too and when they turn up she will be able to tell Rick and co all about them and what they r capable off.

But what is it with the JSS or whatever it is she leaves everywhere she seems to go?

#13 Bullseye, Nov 27, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  14. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

I think one of her secrets is she locked her parents out of the vehicle when the walkers came because she was scared. She is responsible for their deaths. JSS Just Survive Somehow

15. Berry

Berry Member

That is so messed up!!!

16. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Haha! This is fully explains why Olivia never notices when everyone on the planet sneaks past her to steal guns, ammo, food...

17. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Probable but unlikely. If so, she is even worse than Father Gabe, is she not?

I think she had come into contact with some bad people before. It could be Negan's group?
    Among other things, I note that she hesitated when she came upon ASZ. She was turning away and then she changed her mind and wrote JSS on her hand. So, this seems that she was not sure if the people inside the wall is good or bad. If she had not come upon a bad group before, I think she would be more than happy to approach ASZ. Just my guess.

• Like Like x 1
  18. surviving

surviving Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if she encountered anyone. If she did it was brief. She is wearing the same clothes she was wearing in the scene with her parents when she arrives at ASZ.

19. Busted Flipflop

I'm getting tired of Enid.

20. Berry

Berry Member

I think he meant before she lost her parents. She and her parents were probably part of another group that got attacked by the bad people (much like the Alexandrians).