Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ep 08 the Brothers meet again

Discussion in 'Episode 308 - Made To Suffer' started by Kevin Du, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Kevin Du

Kevin Du New Member

what in the hell would have stopped merle from shouting out loud what he and the gouvenor have done?(taking hostages from the other group) this show is heading in the wrong direction and starts lacking any common sense

2. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Welcome man. Which part are you talking about, at the end?

3. RarreKZ

RarreKZ Well-Known Member

I guess he's in some kind of "shock".

The whole crowd wants them dead and he just met his longlost brother. What would you do?

4. Kevin Du

Kevin Du New Member

how about telling the crowd why they were attacked(taking hostages) and some the gouvenors killings?

5. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

That's tough...I think because who would crowd believe? The Governor is their savior, protector, provider...they will have his back even if they told the crowd.

6. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

The easy answer is that Merle is in on the scheme. The Gov wants Merle to infiltrate the prison and see what they're up against. It would also explain how/why they escape from Woodbury alive(other than the fact that everyone in Woodbury couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a tank)

Darryl doesn't quite know enough about what's going on and I have the feeling that even if he did, he's not a beggar so he'd keep his mouth shut until/unless he was in a position so speak freely.

#6 MrSmith317, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  7. Kevin Du

Kevin Du New Member

tell them where his torture chambers are, there is some evidence, blood etc....wouldnt be that hard to pull off, if they dont instantly kill you

8. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Wow, I never thought about that.

9. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

It wouldn't make sense though. Merle indirectly lost the Governor his eye and Penny. Would you trust Merle afterwards if you were the Governor? I know I wouldn't.

10. webergal

webergal Member

If you're talking about the end of Ep 08, IMO, Merle is in shock because there are things he doesn't know.

- He doesn't think the Governor knows he's a liar because he's always talked his way out of things.

- Once Daryl appeared then the Governor knew it was Rick's group that attacked Woodbury.

- Merle doesn't know the Governor knows he lied about not killing Michonne.

- Merle doesn't realize that the fight in the Governor's office was between the Governor and not so dead, Michonne.

- Even if Merle were to shout out about taking hostages, they were Merle's hostages, not the Governors.

- Merle thought he was gaining brownie points by capturing Glenn and Maggie and taking them to Woodbury.

- Rick and his group were originally Merle's vendetta, not the Governors.

Apparently there's a back story about more lies from Merle to the Governor about the prison not being able to be taken because the Governor confronted Merle after Maggie spilled the beans about the prison being taken by a group of ten people.

These are all just my opinion.

11. webergal

webergal Member

In my opinion, the Governor will never trust Merle again, ever!!

Merle's lies about Michonne being killed, and then the Governor losing his eye and his daughter to Michonne's hands, and his little world of Woodbury being attacked will throw him into a rage where nobody is safe.

The last person the Governor is going to trust is the person who created the situation and that's Merle.

12. Machete

Machete Active Member

I don't think the Governer will trust Merle again, no. For that matter I am not sure the Governer EVER trusted Merle. But will he use Merle? Sure why not. Merle will be eager to redeem himself. I could see the Governer using him to get someone inside the prison.

13. MrSmith317

MrSmith317 Active Member

Great point. He doesn't have to trust Merle to use him now and stab him in the back later. Is it February yet?

14. page

page Well-Known Member

The question is why would Merle want to redeem himself? Does Merle hold a grudge against Daryl? Does Merle have more loyalty to Woodbury than to his brother the way Daryl has more loyalty to Rick's group than to his brother?
    I do not know the answers.

15. Machete

Machete Active Member

I don't think any of us know the answers, but you raise good questions. I think that while Merle does not have a grudge against Daryl, he certainly does have a grudge against Rick. I am not sure that the Governer will use Merle at all, but it is an interesting thought.

16. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

it's past that. michonne cost him to much. The gov just wants him dead. not to use.

17. kjmarket

kjmarket Member

This. After losing his daughter...again...and his eye, the Governor is going to lose it big time and be more comic-like. In the show he may have still cared about people a little, but not after this. He'll be nothing short of a sociopathic sadist. Human life means nothing to him anymore and anyone that he doesn't see as behind him died. No one can be redeemed to the governor anymore.