Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Episode 416 - "A" COMPLAINTS

Discussion in 'Episode 416 - A' started by TheGreatOnion, Mar 29, 2014.

1. thewalkingmummy

I think I can kind of understand OP's view. Whilst I agree there probably weren't many options in this situation, I also felt a little disappointed. Daryl knew what Joe and those people were like. Did he really think that by offering himself up as a trade they would just say ok and let the others go unharmed? Surely him being alive could be more helpful to his family than being dead.

I guess the main objective of that scene was to show how he was willing to sacrifice himself for Rick and reinforce their closeness so that was probably why they chose that path. In a real situation, Daryl would probably have been more likely to just keep quiet about his connection and wait for an opportunity to help them.

2. RHINOWSO

RHINOWSO Member

Point being, Darryl's plan Worked, while the armchair QBs have yet to offer a realistic alternative...

3. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Daryl told Rick he hung back and was going to leave but he didn't, so when he first told Joe to hold up at the count of 8, he hadn't walked into view of them yet, so he was trying to stop Joe from doing what was going on to anyone, like a good person would. He told Rick he didn't know it was them until they saw each other, you can see it on the clip when they all realized who was there. That's when he used the good people line. I think Joe looked really hurt when Daryl offered himself up in exchange for the others, like it was a real slap in the face to him that Daryl would pick them.

4. RHINOWSO

RHINOWSO Member

I've gotta say that reading the comics and seeing the TV show, thus far the TV show is far superior to the comics IMO.

5. Machete

Machete Active Member

Its easy for us to play "Armchair Quarterback" three days later. If Daryl had three days to second guess himself, he might have done things differently too. He didn't though, he had to think and act fast. I find his reaction very realistic given the cirsumstances. The worst I think I could say was that the dialogue was a little cheesy, but I am having a hard time thinking about what I would have said differently.

6. DeadRun

DeadRun Member

I do have to wonder how the scene would have played out if Daryl HAD walked up and said "claimed" though. Not that I think Joe really had any principles if it wasn't to his advantage.

7. Figure beauty

Figure beauty New Member

Guess what?if you like the tv show and never read the comics,you have no idea what the perspective of having both feels. And conversely, if you have the perspective of looking at the comics AND watching the TV series. You cannot know what the perspective of only watching the TV show feels like.

Personally, i dont look at comics nor do I care what they depict. I do, however, watch tv and find the comparisons downright boring and rediculous. Since everyone who likes either knows that they do not follow identical paths, none of you can predict what will happen. This is a fact. If it wasn't a fact, you could predict 100% of the show if you read the comics.

8. DixonBrothersS3

Only complaint is no Merle. :( :p

9. JimmyBones

JimmyBones Member

[​IMG]

10. HeadlessHershel

11. Col. Matrix

Col. Matrix New Member

I suggested in another thread he should've said "claimed" as to the 3 of them, or at least as to michonne & carl since joe's gang was really after the guy who killed lou (rick).

12. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

Like most on here have said, I'm not sure what you would expect him to do. I think it's a changing in his character. Almost like he came to the realization that he isn't like his brother, like he sees that he is a one of those "good people" (his group) he sees getting attacked. Don't get me wrong, the scene could have been better but, that is my take on it.

13. daveainthere

daveainthere Member

Joe shoots Rick and tells Daryl....here you are!

14. TheGreatOnion

TheGreatOnion Well-Known Member

How the scene should've gone:
    Rick and the others walk into the box car....
    Glenn: Rick?
    Rick: Yeah.
    Maggie: Where's Beth?
    Daryl: Gone?
    Maggie: Gone gone, or just gone?
    Daryl: Just gone
    Abraham: Who the hell is Beth?
    Rick, Carl, Michonne, Maggie, and Daryl, all together: EXACTLY!
    Glenn: Bazinga!

15. TheGreatOnion

TheGreatOnion Well-Known Member

I hear you bro. TWD sucks. I don't even watch that stupid show.

16. DreamWalker

DreamWalker Member

He did his part by distracting them while speaking and after that by getting beaten up.
    If the two guys weren't distracted by kicking Daryl, they'd naver had won that battle!

17. ShamblingCorpse

The only thing Daryl could have done differently, and this is very minor, it let Joe know that he actually knew these people and they were his friends. They saved his life multiple times yada yada yada. Joe might have been under the impression that Daryl was siding with strangers over him and his group. After all Daryl just said that these were good people, he didn't give any reason as to why he thought so or why he knew that to be the case.

It probably wouldn't have made any difference because Joe was such a douche but who knows.

18. Diomasach

Diomasach Member

Without alerting the others?
    It's not that quiet, it does make some noise.
    And I'm pretty sure Joe falling over dead might alert them too...

19. Geek Walker

Geek Walker Member

I don't think you realize how long it actually takes to reload a crossbow...

20. GonzagaGirl

GonzagaGirl New Member

You can see the wheels turning as Daryl tries to figure out what the heck he was going to do. The only thing he can come up with is to hope Joe listens to him but Joe is more of a monster than Daryl had realized and of course bent on revenge for his bathroom zombie buddy. He did the only thing he could. Its a good thing Daryl did stay with that group despite their violence and general scumbaggery.