Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Episode timing question.

Discussion in 'Episode 711 - Hostiles and Calamities' started by Chr1s, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

The beginning of the episode seemed to show Negan and Eugene arriving at the same time Dwight was figuring out Daryl escaped. Dwight runs to his room after finding Daryl missing at the same time Eugene was being shown to his room, yet the savior already knew Daryl escaped.

2. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I caught that too, and the only thing I can figure, if it wasn't a goof up, was that there was time to prepare his room for him before they went there, and that would give her time to hear the news. She also asked if he knew anything about Daryl, but the only way that would be was if his escape had been a planned thing from Team Family.

3. Midge

Midge Member

Yeah I noticed that. Seemed like very bad timing!

4. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

It could be bad timing by the show. But I figured as soon as Dwight saw Fat Joey he assumed it was Daryl that killed him. Then he made the mad dash to find him gone. Probably wrong though.

5. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I'm confused When does the show confirm they knew Daryl escaped? I was pretty sure they knew he escaped after the scene where Dwight found out.

I don't see how it's a goof up. All you have to do is assume Dwight told everyone right after that scene, which might take 3 minutes to radio it to everyone, then Eugene was walked through a large savior complex taking 10 minutes.

6. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

It seems to me those were two different event/times juxtaposed together. The main takeaway was that Eugene inherits Dwight's stuff (such as his room) because Dwight messed up and is being punished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Eugene isnt in Dwights room?
    He seems to be in the room Negan uses when not with his harem.

8. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

It was a goof. Why would Negan take Eugene around to search for Daryl? They could have radio the escape. But, I doubt it - that sought of news would be delivered in person.
    Also Fat Joey's body was already gone.

9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

That was the room Negan offered Daryl. It was to show that there are two ways of dealing with Negan and his offerings. Daryl refused and went back to his cell. Eugene accepted and stayed in the room. Eugene is being smart and unemotional about it, Daryl did the opposite.

10. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I did kind of wonder how in the world Dwight was just figuring out Darryl's escape when all the rest of the saviors had already gone looking for Darryl.

11. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I dont think so Negan also made Daryl the offer outside where the bikes are stored do you think he was saying he could have the bikes if he said he was Negan?
    Dwight brought Daryl to that room where negan was staying thats all or maybe there are several rooms down there like that but he was not offering Daryl the room.

12. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

They had not gone looking for Daryl yet. This episode takes place before the last two, the same day Carl and Jesus arrived at the compound, Negan took Carl back to Alexandria and Daryl escaped.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

When they were talking in the room, Negan says "look around, this can all be yours...". He was being literal. As in this can be your room. It is the same room. If you watch the scene with Negan and Daryl then watch the scene when Eugene is brought in for the first time, it's pretty clear it's the same one. Red door, windows, bed, kitchen, everything is the same.

14. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I understand what you are saying,I just do not agree.

15. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Eugene didn't get Dwight's room. It's the room Dwight took Daryl to meet Negan in. And this is all happening while Rick and the group are heading to Hilltop, getting the radio that Jesus took and that's how they listen to Fat Joey's eulogy by Negan. The shows overlap.

16. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Dwight figuring out that Daryl escaped didn't happen at the same time Eugene was being shown to his room. Dwight discovered Daryl escaped as the trucks were still pulling in, while Eugene was being taken off the truck.

We didn't see everything that happened between Eugene getting unloaded, and Eugene getting taken to his room. Eugene getting taken to his room could have happened 20 minutes later. No reason that other saviors might have not discovered what happened and informed Negan and the returning Saviors. There were probably other people not long behind Dwight in running to discover Daryl was done.

#16 Neuropyramidal, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1