Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Eugene's story

Discussion in 'Episode 501 - No Sanctuary' started by LoriG, Oct 14, 2014.

1. LoriG

LoriG Member

When Eugene tells the group in the train car how he can put a stop to the virus, I think Carl will later say to Rick that he'd been thinking about it, and he knew he'd heard the story before - in a video game before the outbreak.

Carl must have played games, and Eugene says to Tara in a previous episode that he played video games a lot - perhaps Eugene picked a story he'd "played" out, and he will get found out by Carl...

Just my thought as Carl was looking at him in the cart! :zombies_confused:

2. Sildee

Sildee Member

All of them were looking at him.. anyways, zombies haven't existed as fiction in their universe (obviously) so I doubt it.

3. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Eugene's the only one with the brains and level headedness to lead the group. Eventually Rick will realize this and fall in line or get crushed under Eugene's heel.

4. daryls_poncho

daryls_poncho New Member

Just curious but this is a joke right? He can't even work a firearm, and you think he's leadership material? Clearly he isn't capable of leading an entire group. All he has offered is a vague explanation and a knowledge of video games. I wouldnt allow him to lead a dog let alone an entire group of people looking for safety.

5. Quivy

Quivy Active Member

the whole eugene story line makes me mental. why not let others in on the cure? why keep it to yourself? makes no sense.

6. MainEvent

MainEvent Member

Obviously not a joke. You gotta look at all the signs man.. By the end of this season, the entire cast will be dead. Eugene will be the last man standing, he'll find a new group and lead them to D.C with zombie Rick and Daryl on a rope as pets.
    #BelieveInEugene

7. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Eugene has many leadership qualities. I cant tell what they are right now .. that's classified.

8. batongal

batongal Active Member

I have zero interest in Eugene or his story....don't know why I'm bored to death by it.

9. Jack Windham

Jack Windham Member

The Eugene character annoys the hell out of me, which means that the show runners are doing a tremendous job. Most of the audience knows that he's lying.

10. Morga

Morga New Member

When he told them about 'the cure' it did kind of make sense, but he just doesn't look the part to know that kind of stuff.
    Yes I'm being very stereotypical and anti mullet, I'm also aware of the comic book though not a reader of it.
    I'll wait and see I suppose, but his character is a bit rubbish and you are right about the show runners!

11. Sildee

Sildee Member

It still didn't make much sense, first he talks about creating a disease that infects the other disease, then he talks about changing the disease genetically and preventing/halting control of the brain.

12. pilight

pilight Member

I agree that it makes no sense. The logical course of action if your objective is to save the world would be to spread the knowledge of the cure to as many different people as possible. That way if any of them make it to Washington they can share it with whatever powers that be still exist. Eugene is insisting on keeping all the eggs in one basket.

13. Sco

Sco Member

It doesn't make sense for a reason.....

14. Doomhed

Doomhed Member

the implication he was going with was that to access the place he needs to engineer the weapon to stop the walkers, he needed to physically be present

15. Morga

Morga New Member

I think he did explain it as far as he could, imagine being talked down in a plane when you have no experience of flying?!
    Anyway lets wait and see and hope they meet a barber on their journey LOL

16. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Quite possibly. But I'd rather see it play out like in the comics. "Gimme that walkie" "No givita me!!" "No, you'll break it" "Let go" "You let go" "no, YOU!" CLUNK

17. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

I can see you are a noncomic reader

18. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

That's an ingenious theory and I would love to see that but this is supposed to be a world where no-one knows of such things as zombies and popular culture is not referenced or else all of their conversations would be "OK, according to Romero's rules they should behave like this..." "no, no, no, you've got it all wrong, according to that useless piece of shit Uwe Boll zombies can survive underwater no problem...." "well what about Shaun of the Dead, in that..." "faaaaaark, just no-one get me started on fast zombies, OK?"

19. Cat'sMeow

Cat'sMeow Member

He also basically told Sasha it doesn't matter if he told her because without him it's useless. That translates to "You have to keep me alive because I am important." She isn't stupid, I'm pretty sure she knows he is fuuuuuuulll of shhht and would have gotten him to fess up with a few more minutes in the hot seat.
    :Chainsaw:

20. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

While I think he is full of it... There's something oddly endearing about Eugene, to me. I don't know why? Maybe it's my inner Nerd coming out?