Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Ezekiel

Discussion in 'Episode 709 - Rock in the Road' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Is he trying to do the best thing for his people?|

Or is he a coward?

Or a little of both? Maybe a coward convincing himself he's doing the smart thing?

Go.....

2. OaklandBorn

OaklandBorn Member

Both plus his people would likely be pissed at him for giving some of their stuff to another group without them knowing and he knows it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I don't really think he's a coward. At least not on the same level as Gregory. He seems more concerned about keeping his "loyal subjects" blind to the facts. He wants them to just go on with their fairy-tale lives. Sort of the way Deana was.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I think Ben and Richard will help him come around though. We'll see.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I think a little of both. I think he's comfortable right now, and part of that comfort is keeping his people oblivious to what's going on because he knows many of them would want to fight.

6. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I believe he thinks he's doing what's best for his people. He's trying to protect them like parents do their children by keeping the ugly details to himself and close associates. Unlike Deanna, however, he is training them to fight because in the back of his mind he knows they're going to need to know how. Things will come to a head though and he's gonna have to come clean to his people when Negan's troops overstep the boundaries they've agreed to. He'll give his people the choice and I hope they'll join Rick and the others.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. page

page Well-Known Member

I think he's doing what rick was doing initially with his group. Just obey negan so that no one has to die. And his deal with the saviours seems a bit sweeter than what the other communities have. The fact that the saviours don't enter the walls is a huge deal. Carol is probably going to have to tug his willy to change his mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

If Carol doesn't tug Ezekiel's willie, we riot!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

She totally will. You can only deny a man's pomegranate for so long!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. DGribble19

DGribble19 Member

I think there will be some retaliation by the Saviors for the tainted pig meat and that will be what opens Ezekiel's eyes

Or Carol will 'persuade' him :)

11. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

I dont think he is a complete coward or else he wouldnt let Daryl stay there. That is a big risk for him and the kingdom with little to be gained.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

he's not as bad as Gregory, but still kinda being a wuss.

I'm guessing Daryl will find Carol, tell her what happened, and she'll convince Ezekiel to join the fight.

13. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

The King is not a Wimp?
    He is being a Leader and one in a tough spot too.
    Part of this is hos own making and part not in his control at all but he is trying to walk a tightrope between keeping his subjects safe and not starting something with the Saviors that he is not at all sure they will survive.
    I think this takes more balls than just storming into the war 1/2 cocked,yeah I said that!

I am pretty sure that some Kingdomers? will get murdered very soon in a way that no one will be able to ignore which will force the Kingdom into alignment with the Group,it is just too obvious.
    From the Preview I imagine it will be Richard &/or Ben and the King will just snap.

The problem we have is that so little backstory has been given that we are again going to be forced to just accept certain things that are not already known as though they are,same old pattern to me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I think he just doesn't want to upset the apple cart. We all know he will come around. He didn't have to give Daryl asylum, but he did. I felt a bad for Daryl, it was like he was grounded. It was for his saftey though.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CSFurious

CSFurious Member

Ezekiel will eventually fight. It just be a matter of time. I would actually predict that Carol will get him to fight.

16. Steppin' Razor

Why not just ask the ****in people if they wanna fight? A lot obviously do. Take a damn vote at least lol.

I mean yea, he wants to spare lives... but if people WANT to risk their lives and fight, who are you to say no?

17. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Nah, Ezekiel is not a coward but he fears the loss of life.

#17 RicksdaMan, Feb 13, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  18. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I think, it is exactly as he said. He fears, that the community will parrish as so many others have. I kind of understand him, but he was already not convinced of his own decision, that was obvious, so I think, he will come around. A bit more of persuasion from Ben and Richard - and maybe Carol will get involved again. I can't imagine, that she will stay out of it, if she hears about Abe and Glenn

19. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

He feels the responsibility of the ones that died or were maimed under his orders, so right now, paying Negan is better than someone dying. But we all know that there is a fight brewing with Richard and the Saviors, and then the King will realize dealing with Negan puts all his people at risk of dying. When Rick shows up with an army, it will be easy for him to join in.

20. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

He's trying to do what's best for his community since they've had such long lasting peace with Gavin and the other Saviors. However I'm sure someone gets killed in 7x10 (Jared maybe? lol) and everything goes sour, forcing Ezekiel to reconsider his offer. Maybe the Kingdom gets attacked.