Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Fair Fight: Rick vs Shane?

Discussion in 'Episode 210 - 18 Miles Out' started by ShaneFan946, Mar 1, 2012.

1. ShaneFan946

ShaneFan946 Active Member

2 part question: At first I believed Rick pwned Shane in the fight, but my friend at school convinced me otherwise.

1. Do you think Rick's fight with Shane was a fair fight?
    2. If not, who do you think would win in a fair fight?

I think shane vs rick was fair and unfair. The first part of the fight was fair, from the 1st punch up until shane drops the motorcycle on Rick. I'd also declare Shane the winner

The 2nd part of the fight obviously goes to Rick. But was it fair? I say no. Rick jumper Shane from behind. Also shane had his hands on the gun, and didnt want to shoot so he could do nothing to defend from Rick's hits. So i say rick won the 2nd part of their scuffle but it was an unfair fight.

So in the end Shane won the fair fight, Rick won the unfair fight.

Part 2: I believe Shane would win in a fair fight because -

1. Rick's hits did little damage to Shane during the fight
    2. Both times Shane hit Rick, Rick was near uncontious and he fell to the floor both times

So i think Shane would win in a fair fight, like he did at the beginning of the fight. What do ya'll think?

2. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

Sure it was fair. Whatever that means. If you are fighting for your life, it's no holds barred. Shane did not knock Rick unconscious and then turned his back on him. That was stupid. Are you saying that because Rick took advantage of an opening that it was unfair? Not in my book. Rick could have hit him from behind with a 2x4, and it is still fair.

I think it's obvious who can hit harder. But that doesn't always win a fight. To me, the only rule in a street fight is 'don't fight stupid'.

3. ShaneFan946

Still if i have my hands on a gun and i dont want to shoot, then i can only use my feet to fight. and rick came from behind. Doesnt seem very fair

4. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

I figure in a fight, you take advantage of your opponent's weaknesses. Whether it's a blind eye, staying on the side of the arm that doesn't hit as hard or them leaving their defenses down. It was a street fight, not a boxing match. Fair is using whatever you have at your disposal to win. Shane did as well. In the end, when he realized Rick was not as weak as he thought, he picked up a huge wrench and threw it at him. Also, Shane looks to have roughly 50 lbs in muscle mass over Rick. Is it fair for him to use all those muscles? Sure. It's a fight for your life. Use what you have. If your opponent is stupid enough to turn his back on you, take advantage. All's fair.

But don't go by me. I think it was "fair" in Raiders for Indiana to shoot the guy with the sword. You use what you have.

5. ShaneFan946

Okay. you put shane and rick in an empty room. They fight. who wins?

6. John2find

John2find Member

Shane, as he is aggressive and will not give a second thought before killing Rick, if Shane is furious.
    But still nothing cant be said, often the powerful are which are most misunderstood.
    I will Vote for Carol, she can defeat both in a handicap match with Rick and Shane on one side. Lol

7. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

In a fair boxing match, Shane wins and easely at that methinks.

But in a more allround cagefight with no holds barred...It's a toss up.
    If eye-poking and other shenannigans is allowed than maybe Rick has a shot.

8. ShaneFan946

Hell no lol. Shane almost k/o'd Rick twice. Shane took dozens of punches and took little damage

9. marsyao

marsyao Member

The fight between these two men was a major blow out and long for coming, both men gave the other a few good punches, but remember neither of them really wants to kill or do serious body harm to the other, you could see Rick never use his knife, when Shane picked up his pistol, he went for Randall, not Rick, and even when he picked up that wrench, if Shane intented to kill Rick with that wrench, he would have used it as weapon and struck Rick with it, but he instead he just throwed it to Rick's direction. So I can not say at this mement we know between them who would win a fight-to-death hand to hand fight.

10. boutte

boutte Active Member

I agree with the OP. Rick put up a good fight but in a fight to the death Shane would win because of his superior size and strength.

11. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

I know Rick is the 'hero' but personally, I just don't see him outfighting Shane. I honestly don't think Rick should be the best at everything, just because the show is shown from his perspective.

I like Rick- He's my favorite character, but, eh, I don't need the protagonist to have the edge on everyting. Other characters should be good at stuff, and Shane just seems more of a thug than Rick.

12. bulldog7926

bulldog7926 New Member

size and strength are factors but the ability to adapt is key. if rick keeps his head, outsmarting shane is easy. he is a bully and thinks like one.
    however based on what i see of these two i would give the edge to shane even though he needs to go the way of the dinosaurs.

13. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

I like Rick and he is my favorite but the edge goes to Shane. I would have like to have seen a match up with Daryl vs Shane before Shane meets his maker/ demise. I believe Daryl would win in a fight against Shane.

14. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

Glenn vs Dale, who would win ?

15. ShaneFan946

I say glen beats dale barley or Dle beats glen barley. i think theyre evenly matched

I say Shane>>>Rick>>>>>>>>>Daryl>>>>Ed>>>>>Jim>>>>>Dale = Glen

Shane would pwn daryl. Rick owned Daryl in S01E03 remember? Daryl had a knife too and Rick disarmed him with ease. If shane is a better fighter than rick he should easily beat daryl.

16. Zombie Lover

Glen would outwit Dale. But really not a fair fight. Dale is like twice his age. . Daryl vs Shane would be Shane. Without his weapons Daryls is scrawny and just doesn't strike me as a brawler.

17. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

I'd say Shane > Darryl aswell.
    Unfortunatly as I like Darryls character more, but regardless Shane brought the pwn down on him and even had a better one-liner.

"Chokeholds are illegal man"
    "Yeah...File a complaint"

I was chuckling

18. Zombie Lover

I gotta say although Daryl is my favorite Rick would win if they fought.
    Rick and Shane both probably have some hand to hand combat traning as cops and that could give them the edge. Between Shane and Rick I say fair (up untill Shane threw that damned wrench)

19. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

ask any professional fighter and strength has little to do with who will win. plus just b/c youre strong doesnt mean you can hit hard. plenty of boxers were stronger than Mike Tyson but his hits were so heavy and powerful (which does have a little to do with strength, but not entirely). strategy and technique are key. and your ability to take a hit. you can be as strong as The Rock but if the person has Derrick Rose-like speed and quickness, they can wear them down and dodge hits pretty easily.

as long as he keeps his wits about him i think Shane would edge out Rick due to aggressiveness. also i think Daryl is on the same level as Shane and Rick. he seems like a scrapper and with Merle as an older brother and a fiend for a pops im sure he has excellent fighting skills. but fighting is like any other sport, no matter how it looks on paper anything can happen.

also, i agree it was a fight for survival but even then scratching, hair pulling, eye poking, shin kicking or hitting below the belt is just a bitch move. weapons are ok, but that other stuff is bs imho

20. jacobmarley

jacobmarley Member

Lol! This sounds like a Superman vs. The Hulk debate. If you want to be Sheldon, I'll be Leonard. ;)
    Seriously though, I think the writers make Rick stronger and a better fighter than he would be. So, it's hard to say. But I'll give you this...put Jon Bernthal and Andrew Lincoln in a room? I would bet on Jon every time. No question.