Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Fashion pics

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Morgotha, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

The link at the bottom is a bunch of highlights/lowlights of the fasion year so far. Some really jumped out at me:

Is this the "metrosexual stripper" look?

[​IMG]

I loved this one, light and summery and makes one think of weddings

[​IMG]

If you happen to drop dead at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, they can slide you right in to the Egyptian section and no one would know you didn't belong.
    [​IMG]

I liked this dress as *art*, but not as something to walk around in

[​IMG]

Vhere ist mein Vhippen?

[​IMG]

A beautiful look that matches her environment. This could be a postcard.

[​IMG]

Well........... it's better than the LAST pics you posted:oops:!

[​IMG]

Wino chic

[​IMG]

At the tryouts for "Star Wars" background characters

[​IMG]

Surprisingly conservative, but beautiful

[​IMG]

This could have been a winner for me, but there's asymmetry, and then there's asymmetry. One full sleeve and one off the shoulder? Doesn't work for me.

[​IMG]

I stole this from my brother, yo!

[​IMG]

Simple and regal. What Gwenyth Paltrow's dress should have been

[​IMG]

You've seen it. You can't UN-see it

[​IMG]

Stunning and sexy!

[​IMG]

Jumping out of Santa's sack? I don't know what the rationale for this look was, but it didn't work

[​IMG]

Damn, Heidi! If you were 16 I'm sure the boys would think that look was great. You're not. It's not catty to say you should know better by now and that looks awful.

[​IMG]

The link to a bunch more are below. If any jump out at you, post them!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertain...-misses-of-2018/ss-AAzlaNn?li=BBnb7Kz#image=2

2. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I thought this was really pretty.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

LMAO @ “I stole this from my brother, yo!”

• Like Like x 1
  4. Morgotha

A few fun pics from the Latin Music Awards

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/lat...in-music-awards/ss-BBWiON3?li=BBnb7Kz#image=1

[​IMG]

I really don't like neon clothing, and now that I've seen one, a floor-length dress is particularly bad. It's so bright you can't focus on the woman wearing it, and what's the point of that?

[​IMG]

My first thought was a one piece swimsuit and a pareo, or somoene pulling off the drapes and wrapping THAT around their swimsuit.

[​IMG]

Yish!

[​IMG]

In general, I'm not in favor of "try and look naked" formal wear, but this one works pretty well IMO, if that's what you're going for, although I'd raise the "neckline" and do something about the crotch.

[​IMG]

I doubt if anything would work with those weird overalls, but if there was something, I doubt if it would be that top.

[​IMG]

Hmm... what would my ideal look be? I know! A fusion of Michael Jackson, the 80's in general, and Devo! Nothing could work better than that!

[​IMG]

I thought this could have been a nice sheer dress, but that peek a boo peephole really wrecked it for me.

[​IMG]

This looks like it would be a nice party dress if it was in some fabric other than aluminum foil. As it is it looks like the wrapping on a Ding Dong.

[​IMG]

Wow, what a mess. Did Morticia just undergo abdominal surgery? Is her butt on her front? Who knows what the look was supposed to be, but it didn't work.

(here's Carolyn Jones as Morticia in case the reference is lost on some of you)

[​IMG]

Onwards

[​IMG]

This outfit was praised, I thought it more along the lines of futuristic transgenderism.

[​IMG]

Really a beautiful dress. It the neckline wasn't at her navel, it would have been perfect.

[​IMG]

Ooh, I liked this one! Also, don't get tattoos!

[​IMG]

Ooh, I *really* liked this one! It says summer, romance, and lighthearted all at once. Talk about saving the best for last!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. PepperAnn

I love when you do this. Your comments crack me up. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  6. PepperAnn

You should be on eonline fashion police or whatever it’s called.

7. PepperAnn

The aluminum foil ding dong was the best.

8. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

You had me at aluminum foil ding dong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Morgotha

Yea! 2019 Emmy's fashion:

[​IMG]

I really liked Williams' dress, seen at more of a close up the fabric is intricately designed, but the shape overall is simple and sophisticated. What Hollywood should be.

[​IMG]

I liked the skirt, but as an overall impression the first thing I thought of when seeing her was that the top part of her gown was a popped bubblegum bubble that was in the process of collapsing and falling off her. Eh, it didn't work for me.

[​IMG]

(using sultry voice) Welcome home, honey (then looking around frantically and using "porchdick Pete's" voice) wait - this isn't my bedroom! THIS ISN'T MY BEDROOM!!! Nice lingerie, btw

[​IMG]

Lingerie: Part Vieux

[​IMG]

Joey King's gown was in a fabric that I thought looked too heavy for her, but I loved her natural look makeup and earrings.

[​IMG]

This gown reminded me of some Japanese horror show where the evil person has living hair that leaps out and attacks people. She nailed the look, and it scared the socks off me, I'll say that:rolleyes:.

[​IMG]

Asymmetry is such a toughie to pull off. I thought this actually worked fairly well especially since it was a home-designed gown - except for what looks like her bra strap showing on the left. That didn't work. Also, I have to keep looking at her to make sure this Maisie Williams. Without the heavy wool and sword, I'm not sure it's really her.

[​IMG]

I love how this dress' thick top has a sparkly midriff that fades out into the skirt as well as having a lighter fabric down below. It gives the gown a sense of airiness and of being in motion even when still. A winner!

[​IMG]

The gown says, "a fancy evening out", and the hair says, "Time to clean the basement". I don't know, find some middle ground between the two.

[​IMG]

Naomi Watts is in the "39 and counting" crowd, so I can't really say anything about her that wouldn't apply to me as well, so... let's just say she's the most beautiful woman in the world and move on. I'm just going to go cry for a bit. Next.

[​IMG]

If this was an actual fabric mermaid dress I think it would have been my fav because of the bold pattern and colors. However, with that black latex shoulder and sleeve bit? What a weirdo.

[​IMG]

Yes, yes, I understand you want to make some kind of "statement", but... say something else.

[​IMG]

I liked this look. No jewelry, stark contrast to the point of being assaultive, it makes a strong statement and looks classy. What a power outfit!

[​IMG]

Ahh, bummer. I should have taken that climate change stuff more seriously. It looks like Jesus is returning tomorrow after all.

[​IMG]

"Where'd I put my keys?"

[​IMG]

Walker bite, or shark attack: you decide.

[​IMG]

Glamorous and sexy, low but not trampy neckline, at the ankle so you can actually *walk* in it - wonderful dress!

[​IMG]

I don't know what it is, but seeing this gown just made me think, "housewife". Not a look I'd have chosen.

[​IMG]

"The Three Musketeers" is a movie and a candy bar, NOT a fashion statement!

#9 Morgotha, Sep 24, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  10. Morgotha

[​IMG]

THIS is how a man should dress. Except his pants are too short! What's up with that? Did he just flee a hurricane or something?

[​IMG]

I could swear I've seen her do something just like this before, and was equally... impressed? by it.

[​IMG]

A lovely gown!

[​IMG]

As I understand it, the theory of the mullet hairstyle was to be all business in front, and ready to party from the back. This concoction seems like the fashion equivalent of a mullet: a gown with pants? Spare me. I doubt if even the proudest mullet-and-flannel lumberjack would wear this, so why did you?

[​IMG]

Pretty fabric

[​IMG]

I liked this gown, but wished they could have "lighened" the top somehow, maybe with a lower neckline, lacy sleeves, something.

[​IMG]

Ha Ha Ha! When I saw this I first saw her legs and the hem of her skirt and said, "that's Sarah Silverman", and it was! How freaky is that?

[​IMG]

You're still a young woman, why do you want to look like a cape-wearing spinster from the 1700's?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/emmys/...rimetime-emmys/ss-AAHGPAa?li=BBnb2gh#image=65

#10 Morgotha, Sep 24, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  11. PepperAnn

As always, your commentary cracks me up in these posts. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  12. Morgotha

I love seeing the gowns at awards shows, and with some I think "how beautiful!" and with others it's like, "who let you DO that to yourself?"

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Morgotha

I was looking forward to posting on Halloween costumes this year and instead ended up lamenting the p.c. culture's takeover of America. I've never seen a more boring set of costumes in my life. The only one I got a chuckle out of was Paris Hilton. All of the photos were captioned with what the celebrities were supposed to be with the exception of Paris Hilton, whose caption only said, "Paris Hilton". LOL, I guess the writers just got tired of trying. Frankly, I'm surprised. After all, nothing says, "Halloween" like dressing up as a, a... , well, you know what I mean.

[​IMG]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertain...s-AAJnPdQ?li=AAHMJmz&ocid=mailsignout#image=2

14. PepperAnn

I don't even know who half those people are. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  15. Morgotha

LOL, I agree! On some of those I was thinking, "who?"

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Morgotha

A few more fashion pics, part 1:

[​IMG]

People were really upset about Cardi B's open flower/peeling banana look, but I thought it was cute in a Carmen Miranda sort of way.

[​IMG]

Let's see: denim pirate top with denim puffy sleeves? Check. Leather pants with denim shorts over them? Check. Hubcap-sized diamond and gold pendant? ABSENT! Nope, sorry, Kim, you didn't make the cut for the worst outfit ever.

[​IMG]

Yowza! To be fair, I like how her pareo and bra cover? make it look like she's on fire, it really does give the sensation of movement and life to her outfit. OTOH, I can't say "burning stripper" is a look many people would go for.

[​IMG]

This is a beautiful gown, but it doesn't do her chest any service.

[​IMG]

I liked this short skirt long jacket look

[​IMG]

This didn't really work for me. It's like the dress itself is plain enough to look like a ruptured stovepipe, but then there's this big frill on the side that's saying something totally different. It's probably something that would have been a wonderful party dress if cut above the knee.

[​IMG]

Another case of mixed messages in a bad way. Your dress should say something, and it shouldn't sound like Trump or Biden on an off day.

[​IMG]

I like the dress itself, and the monochrome look in general, but don't understand why she had to have have her bra showing, it doesn't look sexy, and the plastic cover OVER the dress? Why?

[​IMG]

A label from a pill bottle? Is this a statement on opiod addiction? Eh, it looks like something nice to wear over your swimsuit at the beach or pool, but not to an awards show.

[​IMG]

Wow! Great work Mrs. Chan! Talk about vivid! (hee hee, the exclamation points mean I liked this one).

[​IMG]

This was at the Aladdin premier, and I like the way she managed to look feminine yet layered and conservative - I'm sure not to Burkha standards, but very appropriate and pretty.

[​IMG]

I'm sorry, but this looks like you wrapped a towel around yourself coming out of a bath and it's falling off. Not a good look.

[​IMG]

Another very pretty dress! I really like how the pleats on the sleeves are more narrow than the skirt, but overall feel like they make a whole.

[​IMG]

A Chanel unitard?

[​IMG]

A bit of leopard skin print is usually too much. Unless she's trying to scare away a herd of water buffalo from her yard, this is WAY too much.

[​IMG]

I'm not big on tie-dye stuff in general, but what a gorgeous pant suit! I especially like the added whimsy of the pleated sleeves and bell bottoms.

#16 Morgotha, Dec 19, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  17. Morgotha

Fashion pics part2:

[​IMG]

So they gave her $500,000 to attend their store opening, and this is what she wore. Even the shoes p!ss me off.

[​IMG]

Please tell me she's not covered in panty liners. Please.

[​IMG]

Gigi rocks the sleek look emphasizing her long and lean frame.

[​IMG]

"O.k., like, so I was at my boyfriend's house, and like, his parents came home and I like, snuck out the window!"

[​IMG]

No, you aren't watching some old movie where the film is clipping, or someone's entering warp drive, that's really her dress. I actually think it would make a pretty lingerie if you got rid of the three lower hoops.

[​IMG]

A very flattering use of an asymmetric sleeve.

[​IMG]

I don't say this very often, but you need to eat more. The dress is pretty, but white gloves would have looked much better IMVHO than matching green over-the elbow-gauntlets. There's a reason that's not a "thing".

[​IMG]

A man's tennis sweater over a cotton nightgown? No.

[​IMG]

A very pleasing mix of risque and elegant.

[​IMG]

If you just changed out the green snakeskin pants and probably lost the red pumps, this would have been a stylish combination.

[​IMG]

I've got to say, Heidi, you really look like you're having fun here! Maybe add a bit of a skirt as you're at a children's show?

[​IMG]

A bad attempt at the short skirt long jacket look.

[​IMG]

G_d Almighty this woman does some atrocious things!

[​IMG]

Very chic.

[​IMG]

When I saw this the first thing I thought was that she had just gone to the bathroom and tucked her sweater in to her pants by accident. Not a look I'd go for. And maybe a necklace or something? Blahsville.

[​IMG]

A slutty bridesmaid dress for the slutty bridesmaid you secretly hate?

18. Morgotha

Fashion pics part 3:

[​IMG]

Somehow this dress makes Katy Perry look like she's the star of "Attack of the 50' Woman". I don't know how she pulled it off, but she looks ginormous.

[​IMG]

" Hey! Sailor Moon! The 80's are calling and want you to come back!" A fine example of retro-poser.

[​IMG]

If you saw this person hanging around your child's preschool you'd probably call the police. Custodian/molester is not a good look, Rose.

[​IMG]

My first thought was, "wow, you've put on weight", but you aren't that heavy. That's a VERY unflattering jacket. It's partly the thigh high boots, too. It's like you have a huge torso that goes down to your feet. Why?

[​IMG]

Ooh, I liked this one. It gives the impression of discordant coordination and multiple layers but at the same time is light and feels airy. Multiple levels of dissonance that somehow works. Great look.

[​IMG]

Brinkley looks like she's having fun channeling the 60's. I bet she could even have worn some knee high boots and still looked good.

[​IMG]

Sarah Hyland usually has some fashion sense, so I was shocked to see her in a post-mastectomy bra and girdle. Maybe she was still coming out of anesthesia and forgot to put her dress on?

[​IMG]

You can't look at a baby bump without smiling.

[​IMG]

Mrs. Mobster about to go "rub out" a gang rival?

[​IMG]

Someone who tried too hard.

[​IMG]

So this dress is woodgrain (which IMO is bizarre for a dress in the first place), and her hat is wood. Are you TRYING to have people call you "stump"? Good grief. Not to mention I can see your crotch from here. This is worse than what Kim Kardashian wears, and that's saying something.

[​IMG]

Very pretty gown

[​IMG]

I don't think this was appealing as a *gown*, but if you were hired to play a sexy mermaid for something, you nailed it.

[​IMG]

The dress looks like it has several differnent themes. The model has vitiligo. The designer may be trying to make a cohesive statement combining this dress and this model, but I just can't quite grasp it. Bummer.

[​IMG]

Reminds me of the mortician in "Phantasm".

Ah, well, some good looks, some bad. All of them entertaining.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. PepperAnn

God I love these.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Morgotha

Oscars, 2020. Most things here should be dignified.

[​IMG]

Not a fan. The skirt portion was beautiful even with the unnecessary train, but the top half looked like she ripped it putting it on! Better luck next year.

[​IMG]

So I don't have much comment on the dress, but what shocked me was seeing her talking with Ryan Seacrest. She's a BIG woman!

[​IMG]

a black microminiskirt with a tutu over a purple floor length gown? Something like that? I can see a little girl playing dress up in this, but...

[​IMG]

You look... warm?

[​IMG]

This looked very regal, unfortunately it looked like she pinched it from the wardrobe dept. at the Star Wars set.

[​IMG]

In general I can't say I care for roaring 20's-like fashion, and I'm still not a fan of the sleeves that look like she's wearing a couple of poodles, but I really liked this gown. So airy!

[​IMG]

I liked the simple and chic gown Zellweger chose here, but what I *really* liked was that her face seems to have gotten back to normal .

[​IMG]

This wasn't my favorite. I didn't like her dyed white hair, and I didn't like feathered base of the gown, although I do like the swirled concept of the bodice.

[​IMG]

Another look I found odd. The mermaid dress seems so *heavy*, and the sheer top seemed all bunched up at the waist, and had that oversized and *heavy* bow. It felt like the sheer top was only added to try and "lighten" the ensemble, and it didn't work for me.

[​IMG]

Mindy Kaling wore this marigold dress and it looked really good on her! There's probably a reason Indian women like marigold, it really complements their skin tone. Hmm... I wonder if that will offend anyone?

[​IMG]

This was a beautiful gown, appearing both sheer and shimmery without being too revealing.

[​IMG]

Olivia Colman accidentally wandered on to the set of "Edward Scissorhands, the Rehash" on her way to the Oscars. A pity! It was probably a nice gown before.

[​IMG]

This was a pretty gown with a very classic feel that would be pretty hard to pull off well.

[​IMG]

This was VERY pretty! With all that black over just a bit of white you'd think it would feel oppressive, or the shoulders heavy like in Suzanne Oh's case, but it didn't, it seemed light and playful. Good job!

[​IMG]

Yowza! That would be a very pretty gown - on someone else. You know, if you and Julia L-D switched gowns before the show you'd have BOTH looked better!

[​IMG]

That full skirt was just a poor choice. If you're kind of heavy, making yourself look even bigger isn't a good idea! See Rebel Wilson below for a better idea.

[​IMG]

See? She looks classic and pretty!

[​IMG]

OMG, she looks like a flatworm! Next time give a pass to any designer that's a biology nut. Seriously, you should sue whoever put you in this for malpractice! I don't even want to eat now. Thanks a lot, unknown jerk designer!

part 1 of 2