Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

filler filler filler

Discussion in 'Episode 413 - Alone' started by wolffe, Mar 10, 2014.

1. wolffe

wolffe Member

Man, these last few episodes have been obvious examples of filler and stretching out the regrouping to the end of the season. And it sucks.

I noticed it today when instead of showing someones facial reaction for 2-3 seconds, they were showing it for 4-6 seconds. They really wanted to stretch out the scenes until that 40 minute mark.

2. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

Are you still high?

3. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

4. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

You are right, I thought exactly the same..

5. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

What you see as filler I see as crucial character development. I have become so emotionally invested in Tyreese, Bob, Maggie, Glenn, Carol and particularly Beth & Daryl that I am literally beside myself with anxiety over this episode. My worst fear is that Beth will be discovered as having been raped and murdered and Daryl will not be seen again until he returns with a much larger and even worse group of thugs that he cannot hope to escape (kind of like what happened to Merle).

Please note that I did not say you were wrong, merely that I saw the image-lingering as a positive.

#5 Hawaiian Shirt Zombie, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  6. tink

tink Well-Known Member

These episodes set up all of the action that happens for the rest of the season. It's not filler, it's setting up the story.

7. WalkingDog

WalkingDog Member

I agree with OP many scenes were drawn out. Better than last week but still a bit too ambient.

8. Faelan Dixon

Faelan Dixon Member

it didn't fell for me that way.

9. Country

Country Member

I absolutely don't think that it was a filler episode, the whole episode was as mentioned before, a building up for the finale.

10. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Its all filler until they reveal what happened to the dogs eye.

11. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Agreed. These lingering facial reactions mentioned in the OP are not just to waste time in order to fill the episode. These reactions are actually important for giving the viewer insight into the characters' thoughts and motivations. Much better than cheesy dialogue that spells everything out as if the viewers can't think for themselves. Unfortunately a great deal of audiences have been groomed to not think for themselves these days...

12. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

Can't say I was too impressed with Bob and Co not doing much except deciding to follow the tracks.

Beth and Daryl not doing much except we learn now Daryl likes Beth's singing and he's starting to feel something for her.

But oh no, too late.

Beth's abducted. Daryl runs after her, only to encounter some bandits.

THAT is where the story should have started about 10 minutes into the episode.

I give the episode 6/10. Nothing startling though.

13. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I liked Alone, but I didn't like Still. I think that what Alone showed us though is that the Daryl/Beth story from last week could've been combined into this one.

14. Inspector_Swag

It's filler, but it's still interesting.

15. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Such people better not watch movies like The good, bad and ugly or Once upon a time in America where lots of time is given for the actors to emote with facial expressions. With good actors it can be highly effective and enjoyable (to me).

16. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

I wonder if the scriptwriters hold an official meeting and agree the next four episodes will be fillers...

17. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Most modern audiences would find TGTB&TU to be one of the most boring films in the history of cinema. It's a work of art, imo. Also one of my favorite westerns of all time.

18. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

It is an excellent movie. The "standoff " scene at finale goes a long time without dialogue but is very watchable and effective. The great music also helps make the scene and movie. Do you like Once upon a time in America also (if you can see a nonbutchered version)?

19. dmizzle26

dmizzle26 Member

I agree with you and like you im not saying anybody is wrong with their opinions, Alot of people likes to get straight to the point me myself i dont mind more character development that gives us a understanding of a character we didnt know much about before even if its just a little bit of info we is getting. But with Daryl im most worried about him that line that Joe delivered had bad news all over it "Why hurt yourself when you can hurt others". Im hoping in the end Rick is able to save him from going back into bad ways

20. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Oh yeah....I'm a big fan of all of Sergio Leone's work. I actually need to see if "...in America" has a good Blu Ray release. I've just about worn out my copies of the "Dollars" or "Man With No Name" Trilogy....