Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

filler filler filler

Discussion in 'Episode 413 - Alone' started by wolffe, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The key is to have good character development though and not just roll out a meandering episode and label it a character one.

I liked Alone though, as I've been waiting to see a bit more about Bob and Sasha.

Another area where I give Gimple a bit of a break this season is that they didn't develop certain characters enough in Season 3, so he's forced to play catchup.

2. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

oooooo....Clint Eastwood is THE best actor for extreme close-ups of facial reactions.
    "Do ya feel lucky, punk? Well, do ya?"

3. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

It's all a matter of personal taste, I guess. For myself, I like to see main characters fleshed out and challenged with emotional scenes. It gives much more credence to the story and adds to the intensity when threats are perceived or actually do arise. For instance, having the audience get to know Beth more personally, as was done in the past two episodes, helps to connect the viewers with the character, inciting actual fear for some fans when she is kidnapped. It also helped the audience to feel Daryl's pain when he couldn't save her, after seeing the scenes where he and Beth bond.

For some viewers, it's boring or not needed. For others, it creates a whole new realm of loving the story line, and what happens to all of the main characters in the show. I tend to be in the latter group.

4. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

Yes, I'm still enjoying the episodes but like you say more should be done to condense the stories, and open up other avenues where a bit of action could take place.

5. Caryl

Caryl Member

It's all filler until Carol.....

Seriously though if Alone was filler it was done right. I didn't feel like I was watching filler. It was enjoyable on it's own. For one of the first times in the back half I enjoyed the episode for what it was rather than sitting there thinking it was OK but WTF is going on with Carol and Tyreese?

And they actually managed to put some humor in there. It's like they read one of the recent threads criticizing them for not enough. The hug with Bob and Sasha after the fog scene was hilarious! Lawrence Gilliard Jr was excellent! I'm surprised they've wasted him all season.

6. Something2Fear

While I agree certain sequences have been dragging on moreso than in the first half of the season, I gotta say this episode was probably the least filler-y so far.

7. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Yeah but it's only because it's getting all romantic and schmoozy and shit

8. QOTWD

QOTWD Member

Whatever. Just watch and enjoy, or b*tch and suffer every week. Obviously theres an attempt to not get too close or ahead of the comics.

If you're not having fun watching "filler" then dont torture yourself and stop watching.

9. lurkers&roamers

The first half of the episode had some decent moments, but I'll admit that it did start to feel like it was dragging on just a bit. Then Daryl opened the door, and all hell broke loose. After that moment, it really started to feel like the Walking Dead. There was a great mix of action, plot progression, and character development in the the second half of the episode.

10. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

At least this thread is properly titled.

11. Zombie Guts

Zombie Guts Member

They are developing characters and setting us up for something it seems. If it was non-stop action things would get boring, its a story about people not Zombie Slayers R Us.

12. Machete

Machete Active Member

Obvious troll is obvious.

13. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

Last weeks felt padded to me. This weeks did not.

14. Rickshair

Rickshair Member

I know, that romantic stuff gets on my nerves. I don't mind a bit of bonding, but romance has no place in the ZA. Glenn and Maggie's love story is bad enough...

15. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

When people say filler they mean they didn't wanna see what they saw. Stupid excuse from people trying to stir up the pot.

16. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

It's starting to get mind boggling how little comprehension people seem to have.

17. Wicklowwolf

Wicklowwolf Member

Not just character , but story line development as well.

18. Redimet

Redimet Member

This is exactly how I feel! I loved this episode even though I did not like still and i liked the Beth and Daryl stuff this episode I just dont think they can hold an episode on there own.

19. nadine

nadine New Member

travis bickle staring into a cup of bubbling water. to me, powerful. :)