Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

First 5 Pages

Discussion in 'Volume 16: A Larger World' started by marsyao, Mar 24, 2012.

1. OFC. Friendly

OFC. Friendly Member

This, I believe, is exactly where the story is headed, or at least should be headed.

The reset button has been hit on the world, they have to start over and we need only to look at how the history of civilization played out to see where this story is headed.

The idea above sounds a lot like a serfdom (very high level) in Old Great Britain where there is a King that collects "tax" from all of the people living in his/her kingdom in exchange for protection...in this case, it is protection from the walking dead, soon it will be protection from another kingdom/community/settlement/group of survivors.....all out war will follow -

2. MitchRapp

MitchRapp Member

ya know... Jesus DID mention he'd been gone for weeks (when asked how many they were, he said 200, maybe more now since there was a pregnancy...)

Perhaps in those weeks, leadership was changed... Maybe Jesus might just turn out to be a good guy after all (I'M HOPING OK?! Gawd...)

3. MitchRapp

MitchRapp Member

BTW they've travelled from Atlanta to D.C. ... you would think along the way they would have stopped at one of the dozens if not hundreds of army bases to grab some gear (and like 20,000 land mines to protect the safe zone)

That would be MY idea: land mines all around the safe zone with clear markings (zombies can't read...) telling the living to "stay behind this line and wave at us to let you in" or something like that. Not saying "walk on this line" because you never know what kind of living are out there... duh.

4. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

Rick's line of "What?" at the end was totally epic!

5. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

I really like the mine field idea. Like you said, Walkers can't read. So put up signs in different languages and pictures etc marking their locations. But I would do this a mile outside of the colonies.

6. marsyao

marsyao Member

Afraid not, Walkers are attracted to sound, the sound of explosion would attract even more walkers than those got blew up

7. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Of course, that is why you place your mine field s couple miles outside of your peremeter and make it 1000 yards deep or more. As an added precaution, you could rig up something to attract the surviving walkers. Set up some kind of alarm sound off to the distance when ever the dust settles from the mines.

8. Maca254

Maca254 Member

Minefields are best for area denial, not for killing enemy troops, and Zs don't give a crap that their buddy's foot as just been blown off by an anti-personnel mine. They might be useful as an early warning system against Zs (like you said, set mines a mile out and then if you hear explosions rally the troops) but then you're still creating a larger herd for yourself. And why bother with that when you can just have a few snipers in a tower? Or, if you're really good training your troops, observation posts/pickets?

And they're hard to replace, and the best ways of dispersing them involve an airforce, and so on.

9. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Oh well, I still like the idea of Land Mines..it apeals to my inner destructive child lol

10. nochange

nochange Member

Lol :p Yeah...crippling a zombie for life unfortunately isn't too effective (its almost a bad thing because they would be harder to spot/finish)

11. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Hey, it slows them down a bit.

12. Fenriradra

Fenriradra Member

I enjoyed #95, though I can kind of sense the direction they're going with it. (spoiler tags just in case)

As for where the comic's headed, we can only guess but...

13. marsyao

marsyao Member

This is what Robert Kirkman said recently:
    They eventually find out that there’s a lot of blood in these communities. So, in true ‘Walking Dead’ fashion, not everything is exactly what it seems and there ends up being a pretty dark turn by the end of the story…’A Larger World’ leads right into the ‘Something to Fear’ storyline, that will actually take us through issue 100. In discovering these new communities, he discovers a community that is a very dangerous threat to everyone else.”

And according to Gregory there are several former cops as residents of the hilltop community.

14. Negan

Negan Active Member

Because that idea hasn't been touched before.

Let us see where this goes. In Kirkman we trust.

Psychopaths. Check.
    Cannibals. Check.
    Bandits. Check.
    Murderers. Check.

I like where this may be going.

15. Fenriradra

Fenriradra Member

That's pretty interesting, marsyao, to some degree that explains how the rest of the community just kind of stood around and watched Gregory murdered with Rick being the only one to try and step in.

16. Peanut Q. Public

it just sucks so bad that these issues are becoming so far apart. i mean at least we don't have to wait months like the show but as you may have noticed, i'm a bit of a fiend, and i know i'm not the only one around here.

17. Peanut Q. Public

oh yeah... and for any of you who liked the first TWD book, they're supposed to be coming out with a new one soon about Lilly

how awesome would it be if she were a part of one of the new communities they're sure to meet?