Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Foot munching?

Discussion in 'Episode 205 - Chupacabra' started by Clipper, Nov 20, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Clipper

Clipper New Member

I could have sworn when Daryl was having his hallucination with Merle, he snapped out of it and there was a walker having a nibble on his foot? There was a shot of a boot as if he'd changed with one of the walkers after he'd killed them. Whats the quarentine period for the change?

#1 Clipper, Nov 20, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  2. AVC

AVC Member

Welcome to the forums Clipper, BTW.

If you like you make an intro here >>> http://www.walkingdeadforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/40-Zombie-Intros

You mean the incubation period? I recall from the CDC it could vary from a few hours to day (I think). I've read different zombbooks since then and the facts blur sometimes.

But largely it depends on how much exposure to the virus.

3. Chickenwire. That's handy

And they looked like fine quality walking boots. Not sure if the poor zed would have managed to get past the leather... But it makes for a nice cliff-hanger.

4. Chreees

Chreees Member

I, too, am wondering if the walker broke through the boot or not... I believe it takes a couple or few days to die from a simple bite. Remember Jim? Bout how long he lasted if I recall correctly. That's how it is in the comics, too.

5. Chickenwire. That's handy

If you'd ever eaten my Missus' roast dinners you'd also know it takes a fair while to chew through something as tough as an old boot. The question remains how long the walker was sat there gumming Daryl's ankle.

6. shannon28

shannon28 Member

If they turn Daryl into a walker I will be pissed. He's half the reason I watch. I don't think it got through his boot. I'm sure they would have shown us a scene with Daryl reflecting on it if the walker had gotten a good nibble.

7. Chickenwire. That's handy

Don't you worry, Shannon; if you're getting twitchy, just think a nice plate of Mrs Chick's roast beef. And you'll know there is no way on this planet that Daryl is getting turned in the next few episodes.

Now, how do I make this into a spoiler?!

8. shannon28

shannon28 Member

I'm going to have to make you some proper, easily chewed roast beef Mr Chickenwire. :zombies_lol:

9. Lucky

Lucky Member

I'm sure the boot protected him. He's lucky he woke up when he did though, the walker might have tried munching on something else!

10. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I don't think it got through. First, Daryl has this kind of "good for the group" mentality. If he got bit, I don't think he'd go back to them. Second, they do a lot of this, throwing something out there you think is going to mean something or really affect the show, and then it just doesn't pan out. (Someone leading Sophia into the woods/zombie chomping a boot/showing where Sophia was hiding when she was actually in the barn etc)