Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

FTWD Ratings Thread

Discussion in 'Fear The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Tony Davis, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

4.8 million and a 2.2 demo

2. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

2.0 demo and 4.41 million

3. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

1.9 demo and 4.49 million

4. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

1.9 demo and 4.39 million, lowest of series

5. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

Still over 6 million viewers, and sadly, it's getting better!

6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

7. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

3.86 million and 1.6 demo against the closing ceremonies of the olympics

8. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

If anything the drop in viewers for Fear is probably a good thing. No chance Fear would get cancelled but what it might be doing is making AMC realize a third show shouldn't be in the cards for the franchise.

9. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Oh crap ! No "Dancing With The Walking Dead " ?

10. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Haha. What kind of twisted logic is that? Yes, the ratings could be dragging due to "zombie fatigue" but it also means the show isn't that good. If they feel they have a better setting and characters to explore, they could quietly conclude this show and start up the new one. This show has failed to capture the interest of a massive pre-built audience and after a poor first impression it is difficult to win them back. Unlike the constant ups and downs of TWD, this show has never built up any goodwill with the audience.

11. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

I liked the Nick bottle episode. It was about survival, something that's been sorely missing with that whole suburbia/living I. A yacht scenario. This one actually had some good storytelling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's not zombie fatigue. The show is just bad. I think they've damaged their franchise long term with this. Hard to say how much longer they want to run TWD but they've undercut the possibility of having a successful spinoff after TWD finishes its run after this poorly done F TWD which has been declining in the ratings since it premiered a year ago.

13. lastcat3

The show isn't bad at all. The difference with Fear and why it really hasn't maintained the interest of the large number of TWD viewers is because Fear requires more patience than most people are willing to give tv shows these days. There is a reason why TWD skipped ahead two months into the apocalypse right from the get go to a point where people were already crazy because seeing people slowly lose their identities as a normal person wouldn't have been all that exciting.

A TWD spinoff was bound to receive a lot of hate regardless though. If they followed the same structure as the original did people would have just complained that it was a complete copy of TWD. Them choosing to do what they did is definitely different and unique but at the same time is causing a lot of negative reactions from the fans because they have already learned a lot of the things the characters in Fear are presently learning.

#33 lastcat3, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  14. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

Guess I'm just one of those weird f*ckers that likes the show.

15. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

You aren't alone. There are a few of us here that are feverishly defending it. lol

16. Zombiekaaner

Zombiekaaner Member

I really don't see what the hubbub is about. Its still phenomenal ratings and a cash cow. Its pulling a million and a quarter more viewers than The Last Ship. AMC must be dancing... and Kirkman is shopping for a new Jag. Its pulling double what a lot does, and came in #1 in cable ratings for the week.

17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am among the feverishly defending brigade! I like and enjoy the show just fine. Suppose that also makes me a "weird f*cker"......cool!

#37 Dnae, Aug 25, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  18. lastcat3

As interesting as TWD can be at the same time it is still an extremely cliched show. We have the cop, the kickass army guy, the pizza boy that comes of age when the world comes to an end, more female baddasses than we know what to do with...Etc...etc...

If anything Fear is vastly more unique than TWD is because it doesn't fall into all those cliches. It's just normal people learning how to survive in a ZA which is exactly what the TWD universe is supposed to be. Just because it doesn't spell everything out for the viewer like so many people want shows to do for them these days doesn't mean it sucks.

If there is anything I would complain about it is simply that I think the pacing could be picked up a bit. They are halfway through season 2 and they still aren't even to the point yet where Rick wakes up from the coma. If this is the pace the entire series is going to go at I think having a spinoff series would have worked better set in the comic universe where very slow paced stories seem to be more accepted because the TWD comic is pretty slow paced in its own right.

19. lastcat3

Yes it is still doing great ratings wise and will still go five years or so. We need to remember as critically acclaimed as a show like Better Call Saul is it still only gets about two million viewers per episode. Fear is easily the second highest rated show AMC has and isn't going anywhere. People who just want to watch a show where zombies are coming out of nowhere every five minutes can simply stop watching.

20. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

FTWD doesn't hold the magic for me that TWD does. However, I still like it quite a bit, and I think it hold its own. It still definitely stands out of the background noise that is average prime time junk. Only a few shows do that for me, and FTWD is one of them. Is it in my top 3 favorite shows? No. Top six, yes. ;). Behind TWD, Preacher, GoT, The Leftovers, and one or two others. The actors do not have the same chemistry that they did in TWD season 1, so I can understand it when some people compare the show to TWD and claim they don't bond with the FTWD characters as well. Nor do I. But I like them enough. This show has a lot of very outspoken critics [some of whom admit they don't even watch it, yet still spend time criticizing it], but when you look at polls and meta-reviews, the consensus is that its actually a solid show.