Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Gabe's Bite

Discussion in 'Episode 805 - The Big Scary U' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Is it real? Or is it fantasy?

Caught in a landslidddeeee....No escape from reality.....

Thunderbolt and lightning...very very frightening....

Galileo. Galileo Figaro!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I think Gabriel is faking. He's trying to make a move to get Dr Carson out of the Sanctuary. When Eugene offered to go get the doctor, he was not concerned at all about treating his bite. He talked about getting Carson back to Maggie. I could be wrong though. He did look pretty bad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Its kind of odd that Eugene would so urgently suggest a visit to Dr. Carson. The obvious reason for such a sudden onset of fever is a bite, and Eugene knows there's no treatment for that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

This is what I thought too. He looked bad but I think he was mainly sweaty which wouldn’t be tough in a tiny, enclosed space with no a/c. If he does actually have a bite then this must be his “purpose” before he dies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Weallgotit

Yeah that is weird. At that point there is nothing that can be done by anyone. Also, the bite was not even shown. Which is another reason I don't think he was bitten.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Weallgotit

I thought about the heat causing him to sweat as well. And they didn't even show the bite. Nor did he show any signs when he came in with Negan. A timid and weak guy like Gabriel would be crying or distraught if he was bitten by a walker. At least I think so.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. TROR

TROR Member

Did I miss something here?

8. Sully

Sully Active Member

I thought this as well. They emphasized it pretty well that it was extremely hot in that entire building with the power shut down. And Gabe was locked in a closet with not a lot of air.

9. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I thought Gabe's symptoms were a little weird. It could be faulty memory on my part but I don't remember anyone else who was bit that exhibited flu like symptoms. Could those walker guts have made him sick through some open wound he might have had, however small? Or is it a ruse to get Gabe out of the cell cause Eugene took quite a bit on himself to make the call that Gabe even needed to see Dr. Carson and then let him out without consulting anyone first. Makes me wonder if Eugene has concocted some sort of plan.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think Gabe is Bob 2.0. He got bitten after getting out of the trailer and while going up the stairs. The character now has a purpose to die as he had heard Negan's 'confession'.

11. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

If he is bitten it would be stupid to reveal it to Negans crew as a reason to see the doctor. By now everyone would know a bite is eventual death and turning. Negans crew would just dispose of him quickly instead of leaving a lingering threat around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Heat causes you to sweat, but wouldn't cause him to be so pale and sick looking. I think he is sick.

It's possible he was bit, the walkers fell off the platform on top of them and they cut away from that (curse you Gimple you bastard), so he could easily have been bit. He could also have become septic from smearing rotting guts all over himself too though.

13. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

My first thought was he was bit. We will see I guess.

14. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

how long were they locked up together? Maybe if he got bit it was before he got to the trailer. He knew he would die and the last person he was with would be Negan, thus the idea that to hear his confession would be his purpose in life. They are always springing unseen bites on us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I think he's sick somehow. Either bit or maybe the guts seeped into a random cut. LOL

Although interesting point that seeing a doctor isn't going to do anything and they know this. So now I am wondering.

16. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I just thought he was sick until I watched Talking Dead. Gabriel's ruse, if it is one, would have worked on me. :p

17. WingedCherokee

I was really expecting that Gabe had shot himself in his cell in the hopes of turning before someone opened the door, so he could charge out as a walker and infect all in his path inside the compound like Sasha did inside the Coffin - Gabe still has his gun, right? From what I saw, Negan never takes it from him? Anyway, I was wrong!
    Also, IIRC Jim exhibited flu like symptoms after he was bitten in season 1. So, could be a bite still......

18. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Thanks for the memory jog. I also think Andrea was rather sickly too. When they found her, Michonne said she was burning up, so yeah, maybe a bite off screen that will be revealed later.

19. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

The very first episode Morgan talks about his wife getting bitten and burning up from fever.

20. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

He’s just enjoying Oaken’s Sauna.

AB4BC2AB-53C1-47EF-A809-96FBE14B77EC-1865-000001F0ED890F6F.jpeg

Hoo, Hoo.

Sent from my iPad using little or no insight