Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Gabe's Bite

Discussion in 'Episode 805 - The Big Scary U' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 19, 2017.

1. carolsubmissive

carolsubmissive Active Member

In my opinion,

Maggie gave him a sense of belonging and peace of mind.

In return he's constantly looking for redemption, he's played the situation to infiltrate a heavily reduced Sanctuary to try and escape with the doctor who will deliver Maggie's baby.

I think Eugene is currently sceptical about his well being as accusations are going to be flying his way. Eugene knows that he has Dwight on his side.

I'm guessing the three will escape with Dr Carson. Or Dwight and Eugene will give Gabe the opportunity to escape with some sort of distraction.

2. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I honestly do not remember any escape scene from the Scantuary with Dwight and Eugene.

3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

It’s an assumption of what should be to come because of what Gabe told Eugene at the end of the episode.

4. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Might be, I just read it off as a dilusional and sick Gabe. Did this happen in the comics? An escape attempt?

5. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Speculatively, this was the first time in TWD that the guts trick was shown without a protective poncho; Atlanta, Rick and Glen used a cover over their clothes. Terminus, Carol had on a cover over her clothes. No way out, Everyone got a cover as well... The only time it was not done was when michonne got covered in guts when she escaped Woodberry. If Gabriel had an open wound from the fighting earlier, his clothes were saturated in deadly gook and could have gotten him sick with the virus. This could mean the end for Gabriel

TV Gabriel has already far surpassed his comic counterpart in both importance and ability, so if he goes now it is still a better showing than his paper version.
    But still a very missed opportunity for him. Both versions did not explore the Man of God vs. The Apocalypse theme as deeply or with any real payoff as they could have. But credit due, the TV version works better than background art. Rosita is exactly like this as well, IMHO, being far more layered and utilized on TV. I believe this is one of the ripple effects of having Andrea exit the story as early as she did on TV.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Dwight

7. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

In the All out War arc? I really have no recollection that happended! But hey, thats...awesome.

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, during All Out War. They came across

9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Oh! Now I got a vague memory of that! No idea how Dwight got back but hey, I look forward to see it. Gabriel got a nicer arc here.

10. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

My first thought wa, that the cell must be lacking air, but now I think, he might eitehr be bitten or faking it to get to Dr. Carson too. I hope the latter, after seeing most of my beloved Kingdom die last week, I'm not prepared to see Gabriel die too. I really have come to like him