Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Gamma The Spy?

Discussion in 'Episode 1005 - What It Always Is' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It seems like Alpha was hinting she wanted Gamma to be a spy. "Wear a different mask". Or at least try to get Aaron to trust her, for some ultimate end. But Gamma seems discontent. Could she end up turning on Alpha.

As an aside, apparently it was Alpha all along who was sending the small waves of walkers. It was stated in dialogue. Despite the fact that Lydia doubts it and Gamma initially said it wasn't.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

I think the flashbacks to when her sister died are foretelling some discontent on Gamma's part. Not right away, but down the road.

• Like Like x 2
  3. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Alpha took Gamma’s mask off and told her that she might need to wear a different mask. I took that to mean she wants Gamma to become a mole by possibly befriending Aaron and letting him think she’s unhappy and he’s rescuing her. She could feed all sorts of bad info to the Alexandrians as I’m sure they’re gonna pump her for all the details about her “old” group.

I also think Alpha wants eyes inside ASZ, much like she roamed around the Kingdom during the fair. The downside that I can think of would be that Gamma will discover that Lydia is still alive. She may grow to resent her sacrifice of her sister. She also may decide she truly likes their life style much like Lydia did.

I think it’s an interesting development.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

If Alpha wants Gamma to get Aaron to trust her, what is the point of changing to a new mask? I mean, Gamma should use her old mask and it was this mask that Aaron was familiar with and showed kindness to.

Also, I do not think Alpha knows that Aaron is gay. So, if Alpha wishes to have Gamma to seduce Aaron, then it is futile.

5. purriwinkle

I think the “new mask” is Gamma’s own face. I’m not sure Alpha expects a seduction rather Gamma should exploit Aaron’s apparent desire to help someone he thinks wants to defect.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Duhhhh. Of course Alphs wants Gamma to infiltrate as herself, and not with just another mask on. Like we saw with Alpha a Whisperer can clean up pretty well. Plus, Aaron doesn't know what Gamma looks like without the skin so, once she's cleaned up she could just pretend to be a wanderer who's found her way to Hilltop or ASZ with no indication of being a Whisperer.

7. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The Gamma situation is going to backfire on her. It's odd too that she would suggest such a thing with Lydia still alive. Perhaps since Alpha has elevated her she's sure that she has Gamma under her thumb in the same way she has Beta. But if that's the case she'd be smart to tip her off, before she learns it from Aaron.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Of course Alpha wants Gamma to befriend Aaron

Aaron is not helping Gamma because he is a nice guy. I think Aaron is attempting to lull Gamma into a sense of false security with him. And I also think that Aaron is smart enough not to give away ASZ info to Gamma

BUT

If the scenario that @Terminator suggests plays out then she could end up with a info for Alpha UNTIL she sees that Lydia is alive and well

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. purriwinkle

Oh, I never thought about the possibility that she might pretend to be just a wanderer but she’d at least need a new set of clothes. They’d take her into custody and I’m not sure who would be in charge of watching her.

Alpha said the man with the iron hand might be useful though so I think she wants to build on this introduction of Aaron offering bandaging to Gamma and trying to introduce himself. She’ll send Gamma back in this role so Aaron will find her again and then we’ll see who’s better at the espionage game.

I would have killed her on sight and made sure the body was buried to hide the evidence, heh heh. but that’s just me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

The 'new mask' is metaphorical lol. She means she wants Gamma to put on a 'new face'. Be a new person. A spy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

ohhhh I would love if Aaron was trying to trick Gamma! We don’t need him falling for a trap leading to another attack on Alexandria. He already ****ed up once with the Wolves! And we lost Shelly because of it!!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Seemed to me that he was laying in wait so to speak.

Hanging out on that bridge, (practicing with what I assume to be the sword that Jesus used :() - seems to me that he was biding his time until a whisperer showed up

• Like Like x 1
  13. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

Good observations. We know Aaron has been going through tough times - being a councilmember and dealing with scared townspeople, dealing with waves of the undead, responsible for the troops as a captain of some sort, all while caring for his daughter back home, on top of dealing with Eric’s death still - so I hope all that has sharpened him and that he’s trying to trick or manipulate Gamma. Not take her in and think she’s going to be an innocent woman. Hope he hasn’t forgotten that the Whisperers killed his BFF and massacred a bunch of women and kids!

• Like Like x 1
  14. purriwinkle

Oh, I agree that Aaron is looking for someone from the Whisperers group that may be a bit disaffected, that he can use, rather than doing it from the goodness of his heart. Alpha thinks perhaps that he’s trying to be some sort of white knight cause she has preconceived notions about our groups. The game is on as to who will be better at using each other to achieve their goals. If only Rick were still around, she would definitely not know who the F**k she was dealing with.

• Like Like x 1
  15. purriwinkle

I believe I’m right when I say don’t worry. Aaron’s not stupid. We don’t know his exact game plan but he won’t jeopardize his family and friends.

• Like Like x 3
  16. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I think they're going to have a lot of fun messing with us.
    Gamma being pulled in both directions, struggling to decide whose side she should be on. They will keep us guessing to the end. (To her end?)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Do you remember the dialog, even sort of? I missed it.

18. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Here it is:

19. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I loved this scene. I was completely riveted. :)

What I missed was Neuro's last observation: Alpha saying she had been sending the waves of walkers.

20. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Aaron has taken a harder turn lately. He was expressing his concern about that to Michonne earlier this season. So I think he might be trying to trick her too.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1