Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Gavin.

Discussion in 'Episode 713 - Bury Me Here' started by Chr1s, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Can't figure this guy out. He feels like he's not a heartless savior like most of the leaders. He told Ezekiel that Richard wasn't at fault for the hostility between the two groups at the drop sites. He was pissed that Jared shot Ben and even more so when he found out Ben died. I also wonder if he was the leader who found the kingdom in the first place. They have shown that the saviors m.o. is to kill someone from each group they encounter where as the saviors who ran into the Kingdom didn't do that, they just worked out a deal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

My guess is if the pick ups don't go according to plan, pick up leaders like Gavin risk becoming another Lucille casualty.

I doubt Gavin felt any kind of empathy over Benjamin's death, he was more concerned with his own mortality if the pick up escalated to a problem that Negan would need to address. If Negan has to address something that his pick up crew have allowed to escalate, Negan will kill one of them.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Gavin has some kind of psychotic no care personality but he seems to be one of the more reasonable of Negans crazy people.

• Like Like x 1
  4. IlsaMarx

IlsaMarx New Member

Ezekiel made a deal with the Saviors early on and just accepted it. He hasn't fought back, his people don't fight back, he meets the demands, etc... I think that's why he gets Gavin. He seems more level headed and a nice guy but a jerk because he has to obey Negan and get things done. He seemed bothered when the kid got shot but he has a job. He seemed sad and angry when he found out the kid died. That's why the long haired guy has to walk home. Hilltop gets Simon because the Hilltop has tried to resist and Gregory is a weasel. Alexandria gets a bunch of jerks and Negan a lot of times because Negan knows that Rick's group is the challanging one and really needs to keep them in check. You notice with the Saviors, the more you fight back the more they demand from you. The Kingdom doesn't have to give them a ton of stuff because they have been peaceful with the Saviors. Their load is nothing compared to what the Hilltop has to give and Alexandria has to give even more than the Hilltop. I really hope that Gavin jumps ship to the Kingdom and help them fight Negan.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

"The Kingdom doesn't have to give them a ton of stuff because they have been peaceful with the Saviors."

but surely more than 10 cantaloupes? that was the entire delivery? that seems odd to me. that's not much compared to goats. maybe we saw the saviours offloading other stuff first and i missed it.

6. IlsaMarx

IlsaMarx New Member

They still give a lot of stuff. Like they did with the pigs but their load in general seems always way smaller than the rest of the communities have to give. I thought only 12 canteloupes was a bit odd too. You would think they would ask for more. I didn't see anything else on that truck. to off load. Perhaps there was something that was missed where they would be in the area when the canteloupes were ripe so they will get them then. Who knows. It left me scratching my head.

7. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I think Gavin felt sorry they lost Ben, which is why he threatened to kill Jared. I'm sure not all of them enjoy the things they have to do.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

All I know is that asswipe Jared hit Jerry, and for that he must pay!!! :mad::mad::mad:

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. The_Not_So_Dead

He did seem not too happy with the kid dying. If long-haired-guy shot Richard (which I had the feeling that's who Gavin wanted to get shot) it would just be business as usual. But now a kid has died; that could be trouble on the horizon. But he, perhaps he's not on the same a**hole level as others. ;)

BTW I thought the Kingdom made more deliveries than Alexendria and Hilltop, so maybe they can give a bit less?

10. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I get the feeling that each post has it's own leader and each post handles the "tributes" from their own respective location.

The satellite location picks up from Hilltop, Gavin from the kingdom, and now Negan from Alexandria. After the satellite location was eliminated Simon took over the Hilltop. You can hear him tell his people to put the whisky in the "Negan truck". So each post collects from the location they are responsible for, gives some to Negan and keeps the rest for their post.

I think Gavin isn't as ruthless as Simon and Negan are and the satellite location was. He just wants to get his stuff, according to the rules Negan put in place and move on. That's why they never killed anybody from the Kingdom, unlike all the other posts and other locations. I think he was genuinely angry that Jared killed the kid. There will be more to this as time goes on.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I'd have preferred if Gavin was more sympathetic to Ezekiel and Benjamin. I'm tired of seeing all of Negan's lieutenants do a pale imitation of him whenever they go out on a mission. It'd would be a nice change of pace to see Saviors apologize or at least use kid gloves when they take supplies from survivors.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I might think even Jared did not intend to kill Ben. He just wished to agitate Richard. That is why he shot at Ben's leg instead of shooting at his upper body.

Gavin's sign of 'sympathy' could mean that there is still a wider variety of people within the Saviours. It could be interesting to see who, among the Saviours, will continue to support Negan all the way to the end and who will turn against him and try to eliminate Negan from the inside.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

I think he is. Which is why he acts the way he does, letting Ezekiel talk to him the way he does and getting angry when he found out Ben died. I get the impression he isn't hard on them because he wants to be, but because he is supposed to be. He answers to Negan, and therefore must do what Negan expects of him. Similar to Dwight in a way. Neither "want" to be this way, but they must.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Yes, I don't think there's much venom in Gavin's behavior, but I'd have liked to have seen some genuine empathy and remorse.

Let's say Gavin and his crew, being so far from Sanctuary, are able to display some genuine humanity and leeway towards Ezekiel. They could actually have a somewhat pleasant conversation: stuff like "How are you?" "I'm sorry about this," "I know it's not easy finding stuff anymore." Make the Savior prick be a recent addition to Gavin's group. Nobody likes him, but he's violent and he's in good with the upper echelon. They have to put up with him and his behavior.

#14 Rapscallion, Mar 13, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  15. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="Blueman, post: 11504722, member: 8175"]I might think even Jared did not intend to kill Ben. He just wished to agitate Richard. That is why he shot at Ben's leg instead of shooting at his upper body.

Gavin's sign of 'sympathy' could mean that there is still a wider variety of people within the Saviours. It could be interesting to see who, among the Saviours, will continue to support Negan all the way to the end and who will turn against him and try to eliminate Negan from the inside.[/QUOTE]

You could be right about that. He could also have shot Ben because Richard told him to do it already and he wasn't going to take orders from anyone in the kingdom. It not only would mess up Richard, but would be a little payback for Ben calling him a rat faced prick earlier. I doubt he intended to hit the femoral artery or if he even knew a large artery was located in the thigh.

16. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Scheduling a drop for just a dozen cantaloupe was a bit odd. The only way I can rationalize it is that maybe they consider fruit a rare commodity, and perhaps that cantaloupe batch had just finally ripened.

As for Gavin, I think part of him really did care that a young life was lost, but an even bigger part of him just didn't want things going sour on his watch, as someone else above said. His biggest concern is not looking soft in front of his men, and making sure he stays on Negan's good side.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. NoMora

NoMora Active Member

Gavin is certainly not a good guy. Whether or not he feels sorry for someone to die, he has this job for a reason. And there is a reason why Jared is always with them. If Gavin wanted things to not be so "emotional" he could have demanded for someone else being part of the pick-up team.
    He also ordererd Jared to do something about Jerry when Jerry said to not interrupt the king.
    Gavin might not be as stone cold as Negan (or Jared), they can't all be socio- or psyhopaths. Yet he knows exactly that Jared is the one who causes the tension between the Kingdom and them. And Jared is always there, always doing the same, always provoking and causing trouble.
    It could be that Gavin and Jared play Good Cop, Bad Cop in order to manipulate Ezekiel.
    That way they keep the Kingdom in line.

Negan seems to have a thing for kids, so my take is that Gavin was worried about Negan's reaction about Benjamin's death.
    Perhaps Gavin himself liked Ben, who knows?
    But either way, he is not one of the good guys. However, I would be happy to be wrong here and see him joining the Kingdom in the fight against Negan. Alas, I don't believe it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

Gavin isn't a good guy, but he's not as horrible as he could be. He did feel bad that Ben died. He didn't have to ask how he was.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Gavin seems to be one of I'm sure a handful of Saviors that aren't monsters or criminals by nature. Which kinda makes you wonder how he became one of their leaders without being a loose cannon or brutal sadist. Yeah he hung his head when he found out Ben died. But he ain't losing any sleep over it. He is becoming less nice to Ezekiel each time we see him.

20. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

The Saviours got one ot many weirdos and evil people. Hell even the soccer moms that kidnapped some of them was twisted in the head.

Gavin maybe could go over, but Jared probably won't. Im more thinking either Jared will be killed by Gavin or Ezekiel and Gavin maybe joins the Kingdom if he learns of it, Or Jared kills Gavin for being "soft", for what he forced Jared to do, walk home or for trying to defect.

As it is now, there is no reason for anyone among the Saviours to be left alive but Dwights wife.