Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Georgie

Discussion in 'Episode 812 - The Key' started by Terminator, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Ah...it was the Saviours.

2. Reina

Reina Active Member

I'd be hunting down all these hidden US bunkers if it were me. Wouldn't that be sweet sittings if you could secure one.

3. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I am not so sure?
    A Bunker is pretty much just a 3 dimensional prison,isn't it?
    At the outbreak and immediate aftermath sure the bunker seems ideal if well provisioned and supplied somehow with air & water but after a while you are going to have to go find more stuff which will expose you to others and their intentions and you will also have to try to keep the bunker a secret or as Rick told Deanna everyone just measures you by what they can get from you now and things are just not as simple as they used to be.

By now we are well past the point of the self-sustained bunker I think.

Unless it is written otherwise of course.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Reina

Reina Active Member

Hmm, valid point. I guess I'm just thinking if you could secure it well from a hidden perspective. I can see how it would be a prison and easily sabotaged. I probably would die within a couple of days after the breakout ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure but I don't like her...
    Something about that whole "it's all in my head" (so you can't have it) nah-nah-nana booboo just rubbed me the wrong way... It's like yeah sure she's nice, but then again Mary from Terminus was "nice" as can be right off, too!

Sucks running into this kind in the real world too, you don't quite know for sure and you can't quite seem to get rid of them but you don't get all the right vibes either...

I'm just waiting for her to show her true intentions.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Sully

Sully Active Member

She was pretty annoying with that whole knowledge thing.

Why couldn't she at least give them an idea on what it was since she was asking for something in exchange. All she had to say were schematics to help build things in your community.

Think it was more a writing ploy to keep the viewers guessing as long as they could.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

Felt like a test more than anything. But the "how to's" were her way of helping them become a bigger resource.

If she helps them grow crops and dig a well, they will become a better trade partner in the future.

I think she's being presented as the opposite of Negan. Negan claims to save people while forcing them to give him half their supplies. The flaw in that is unless you are producing double what you were when you were just supplying your own people, you would eventually run too low to supply the saviors and ultimately become useless to them.

With Georgie she is giving them the tools to be productive and thus produce enough to be a viable trading partner.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Further to what said in the above post, I see an interesting parallel between this Georgie and the Star Trek Prime Directive (ie not to interfere with a new civilization until a certain technological level is reached, eg warp technology).
    So, maybe Georgie has observed that the Hilltop now has a well built wall (has reached a proven technological skill level), she will reveal herself to this new civilization to present them a technology book to help them to further build up their civilization and to form a good relationship.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

That's a really cool way of looking at it.

10. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

What did she say exactly? "I'll come back later, maybe a lot later"? Something hinting at the time jump, justifying future archs... Not impressed, but I'll give 'em the benefit of the doubt.