Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black Ops 2 Multiplayer Ghost & Stopping Power Discussion

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by Coltrane, May 5, 2012.

1. Coltrane

Coltrane Member

So do you want both of these in the game?

Seriously, I believe Ghost has to be or UAV's will turn to the most used killstreak ever, but we also need Stopping Power to balance out Ghost.

What do you guys think?

2. Parsnips

Parsnips Well-Known Member

Split Ghost into 2 just like they did in Mew3, and give the Assassin of the list sufficient competition. Put it in the same tier as Sleight of Hand, everyone's favorite perk to abuse.

It's all an issue of lacking competition in the tier. If Ghost is given decent competition, it will not be "overused" like it apparently is in BlOps and Mew2.

3. Landers

Landers Well-Known Member

If I can't ghost suppressor with my motion sensor I'm not playing.

4. Junaid

Junaid Well-Known Member

No Stopping Power.
    Ghost should be in Tier 2 and invisible to UAVs ONLY.
    Blind Eye or similar perk should be in another tier and invisible to air support and sentries.

5. ltrkar

ltrkar Member

Break Ghost up like in Mew3...
    No stopping power.
    Ever.

6. Landers

Landers Well-Known Member

I also think they should have stopping power in as long as they put painkiller back in as a perk, we need some more balance in the game.

7. TheUser

TheUser Super Moderator
    Staff Member

In MW2, Stopping Power outperformed Cold-Blooded.

I wonder how it would be like today. Thanks to the Youtube commentators, people have become more aware of the idea behind being stealthy.

8. Junaid

Junaid Well-Known Member

Yeah that's why Ghost and Assassin are so popular in BO and MW3. Because there's no SP to outperform the stealth perk.

9. ltrkar

ltrkar Member

Sp is bad.

10. complex invalid

SP is bad. Plus it won't be included. Vahn has said he won't include perks that messes with preset gun damage aka no SP or jugg.

Why do people complain about that camping with ghost is bad? Campers with Flak Jacket are much worse, IMO.

11. Junaid

Junaid Well-Known Member

I completely agree on the last bit. If they're camping with Ghost, they're not really getting much benefit because if they're CAMPING, you know where they are right? Or at least once they've killed you at least once you would. What good is a UAV if you already know where they are? Whereas if they're camping with Flak Jacket, it's incredibly hard to kill them. Because 50-70% of the time, you will kill a camper with an explosive.

12. ltrkar

ltrkar Member

YES YES YES...I need to get that vid...

13. complex invalid

Exactly. I don't get everyones hate with Ghost. It's the best rushing perk, IMO because you can flank easily. And getting 2-3 kills shouldn't give you free reign to see where everyone on the enemy team is.

14. MadCaptainCrunch

MadCaptainCrunch Well-Known Member

I don't get campers....whether with ghost, stopping power, flak jacket, or whatever the hell they have. What is the fun of sitting in a corner just aiming your gun at the door for god knows how long, just waiting for someone to come through and shooting them thinking you have skill? I don't understand the logic behind campers, and I probably never will.

15. xXIeGsistanceIXx

my point exactly, they pay how much just to sit there and wait i mean in real life yeah but its a bloody game go out there and kill someone and get skill back from you experience.

16. MadCaptainCrunch

MadCaptainCrunch Well-Known Member

Thank you.

17. Hunter codf

Hunter codf Super Moderator

No stopping power.

And i think they are going to be some serious modifications made to Ghost so it won't be the end all perk it was in Black Ops.

18. TheAntiUser

TheAntiUser Active Member

SP is bad, mmkay? You don't need to bring back the most unbalanced perk in the game(SP) to balance Ghost/Assassin. They need to make the other perks not suck so much. Between hardline, assassin, overkill, I forget the other two, (so obviously they suck) which one would you choose? Assassin is the only logical answer. SoH and Ghost/Assassin need to be in the same tier.

19. jeszkar

jeszkar Active Member

This is what I always say. While Ghost in the same tier with the flack jacket (and some other strong perks) there is no problem with the Ghost.

20. AdsLegend

AdsLegend New Member

I think that Ghost and Blind Eye should be in the same tier so that they have to choose if they'd rather be hidden from UAV and maybe immune to CUAV or the other killstreaks.