Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Glad we didn't watch

Discussion in 'Episode 701 - The Day Will Come When You Won't Be' started by AshtabulaWalker, Oct 24, 2016.

1. AshtabulaWalker

AshtabulaWalker New Member

We didn't watch last year on the last episode and didn't watch last night. Once they get this Negan idiot out of the picture we will watch again. TOO gross and gory. And a lot of people agree with us apparently now that they have seen it. Hope they lose half their watching base.

YEA for FEAR the walking dead! And Better Call Saul!

2. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

If you didn't watch it then how do you know it was "too gory"?

I smell a

[​IMG]

3. Znuts

Znuts Member

Sweet, then hopefully this leads to more meaningful discussion with out you and your friends coming in here to complain.

4. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Negan terrifies me, too, so I empathize with you, AshtabulaWalker. I watched with the sound off at some points, down at other points. I will keep watching, but Negan can't die soon enough for me. It's not a slam against the show, just how I am.

I could barely stand The Itchy and Scratchy Show. :)

5. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

lol watching base

6. batongal

batongal Active Member

Well you won't be watching for a loooong time because Negan is going to be around for awhile. He's not a villain like the Wolves or greasy Gareth he's an integral part of the story. May be around for years.

7. TWDCanDance

TWDCanDance Member

Personally I was prepared for the gore and warned my husband before we watched. I thought the episode was incredible! I didn't avert my eyes even once. My husband kept telling me to not look while he covered his eyes but I refused. The gore was intense and way worse with Glenn, but what did people expect? Lucille is a baseball bat covered with barbed wire! I didn't scream, cry, vomit or get mad at the show. It was authentic. No way will I ever stop watching this show. Best acting and cast ever!!

8. Lindigo

Even a zombie apocalypse show can cross the line.

Sunday's season premiere of The Walking Dead was one of the show's most highly anticipated episodes, as fans have been waiting for months to find out who was killed in the Season 6 finale by new villain Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan). For some, that answer -- and the brutally violent way in which it was revealed -- was worse than the anticipation.

In a moment of extreme graphic violence (even for a routinely violent show), two fan-favorite cast members, Glenn (Seven Yeun) and Abraham (Michael Cudlitz), were brutally beaten to death by Negan with a baseball bat covered in barbed wire. The two deaths of beloved characters were shown in such excruciating detail in a relentless and frustrating episode that many fans said they were frustrated enough to quit the show for good.

For this recapper, it was a hard episode to get through, with the violence verging on nauseating while the plot dithered and attempted to manipulate fans into caring.

The episode was also lambasted by critics, with The Daily Beast writing, "When real life already seems a few calamitous steps away from dystopia, surviving an hour of pure, relentless misery isn’t entertainment — it’s a chore," while GQ said, "if the average episode is as much fun as a punch to the jaw, the Season Seven premiere was—well—a barbed-wire baseball bat to the skull." Vox went so far as to call it "dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb. It’s stupid. It’s downright appalling, is what it is."

Will fans truly tune out of one of TV's top-rated shows? Or will a return to normalcy in the rest of the season be enough to calm everyone down? Fans may have to wait and see how much more they can take.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...dead-season-7-premiere-fan-reaction/92669814/

So, some people giving up on TWD is a real thing, but I'm not about to miss out on the Kingdom. Tigers!!!! Knights on horses!!!!

9. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Lol you didn't watch it but you put just as much effort coming here RIGHT after it aired to post in a forum to tell us. congrats.

10. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

What show were these people watching before? It's always been brutal FFS!

11. Lindigo

I know!! But it does make me finally understand why some people could be so insistent and correct that Judith wouldn't be killed in the TV version. The TV experience is so much more intense than the comics.

12. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Sorry for vague spoilers, but I'd rather be brutally honest up front: unless the show goes completely off the comic reservation, Negan's gonna be around for a long time. Maybe not always in power with a thumb on Team Family, possibly, but he's a regular now, so you might as well accept that.

That being said, as I've been telling people for 6 months now - last night is the grossest it will get, unless the show decides to go off the comic reservation to such a degree that it might as well be Thelma and Louise driving off the cliff. Negan's introduction is, hands down, the worst and most graphic panels from the comic. After that, it's just normal level of zombie apocalypse violence.

So, you can actually watch the Season 6 finale and be fine. Skip the Season 7 premiere and just read the recaps. And feel free to continue watching after that, if the graphic violence was your deal-breaker. If Negan's very existence is the deal-breaker, well, then, sorry but the show may have just ended for you. Feel free to head-canon an ending of your choice.

13. Platix

Platix New Member

I get it. It was really gory and hard to watch. I was ok with it because I'm kinda used to it with the show, but I understand that it's not for everyone. Anyways it's like you said, Negan won't be around forever, and you can always start watching again when he's gone.

Don't give up on the show. It's constantly changing, and if it's not for you at the moment, just give it a bit of time.

14. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I am saddened by the amount of articles I have read today...by appalled writers. I don't think I have found ONE that liked it. At all. Not even a little bit. Although I will NEVER watch that episode again, I still think it was done well and don't get why everyone is all up in arms about it. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED IN THE COMICS!!!

And your "Tigers!!! Knights on horses!!!" totally made me LOL. :p

15. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

It's a lose lose situation...if they made it less brutal people would say it wasn't true to the comicbook

Eyes have been stabbed out on this show, heads chopped off, brains bashed out has already happened (remember Tiny in the prison?), chunks of neck have been bitten out, BY RICK! Why should this be any different? I still think that the Sophia coming out of the barn scene was way more disturbing than watching Abraham and Glens' heads be turned into ground beef

16. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

Negan isn't going to be a little three episode story arc like Terminus. He's going to be around for a good while, so it looks like you'll be gone for a while.

I really don't get this mentality. This is a show about a zombie apocalypse. At no point has this show been free of, or even really light on gore and brutality. Rick literally ripping a guys throat out and then stabbing another guy a couple dozen times wasn't too brutal, but crushing a skull with a barbed wire wrapped baseball bat is?

I don't think some people quite understand the premise of this show. Nobody is safe.

#16 QuantumCurt, Oct 26, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  17. Negan

Negan Active Member

Agreed.

18. Lindigo

I should have made it clearer that that was a review. I gave the cite at the bottom instead of at the top. I didn't realize at the time that almost all reviews were that negative. I posted it because it was interesting to me that the general viewer population was taking it so hard, same as me. I knew the most passionate fans already had seen the graphic novels and would experience it from a different perspective.

I sure agree with you that the show is known for its violence and heartbreak. But, for me, I was just sad when Sophia came out of the barn, while the deaths of Abraham and Glenn were depraved nightmares, even in this harsh world. I'm just glad that part is over. The purple sentence at the bottom was the only part that was my own words. :)

19. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

If you watched the episodes and decided its not for you, then you're making a conscious decision. If you didn't watch them, and decided to quit the show just based on what others said, you're a sheep. I respect conscious decisions. I don't respect sheep.

20. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

O_O

Well, hello there.

Also, most depressing thing to see:

[​IMG]

Noooooooooo, why is Negan missing? Where has he gone? Should I send a search party?

I'm distraught.

If I find out Rick's behind this, I'm burning Alexandria to the ground. Sorry, kids.