Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Glen's dead, here's why

Discussion in 'Episode 616 - Last Day on Earth' started by Kyle Wheeler, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

I don't think this is what they are going to do...I could be wrong, but basically telling the same story over 2 episodes is kind of weird. Plus it seems like there wasn't much interaction, they appear to have basically been in the van the entire episode...

But I do admit this would get us back to the place we were maybe.

Makes this easily the worst season finale of the entire series.

2. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member

The POV is actually...
    we find out it's...

3. Kyle Wheeler

Kyle Wheeler New Member

4. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Continuity has not been one of the show's strong points lately. The writers can alter whatever they see fit in the meantime and make it whoever they want. They obviously stopped caring about quality and have gone increasingly low brow.

Where one person was positioned makes no difference to what they can do in episode 7.01.

Everyone recalls the mid season finale "mom" and how that made no difference.

5. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I am all but certain it's Glenn. Otherwise, can you really see them killing off a major character than killing off Glenn right before the baby is born? That would be too much. And there's zero chance Glenn survives until the birth of that baby, it would be too happy for this show.

It's Glenn.

6. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

I think people are getting carried away with the "POV SHOT" I dont think the writers even knew right away who they were going to kill off, which is the real reason behind the cliffhanger.
    I think the writers and company want to gage the fans reactions to possible deaths and choose accordingly, one that would shock but not affect viewership. It could
    be someone from the Van, but it would have just as easily been someone from the RV. I think it will end up being someone from the van but not because of the "POV shots"
    just because it makes more sense. I'm guessing Glenn or Daryl, Glenn died in the comic, and Daryl's character is hitting a dead end, they dont know if they want him gay, straight, or just to be lonely forever

#26 EvilDeadJ, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  7. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

Shows in general, but certainly huge shows like the Walking Dead, don't film a cliffhanger episode without knowing how it is going to end. Maybe true if it is some long unresolved issue that will play out over multiple seasons they will figure it out later and not want to write themselves into a corner. But going from a finale to the premiere... no way. Also when they do show who dies its all going to have been filmed at the same time obviously. They aren't going to set all that up and try to recreate the shot. So how would they account for all possible deaths? Film each character getting hit and then decide which one to use later? There's no way. A decision like this is going to have come from the top of whoever makes creative choices and its going to happen before they film the episode.

8. EvilDeadJ

EvilDeadJ Member

they did record their voices all separately in a sound booth, for the scene (the screams etc) this was confirmed by Cohen in an interview. And they did not continue filming the shot in one take which was confirmed in an interview with Yuen/Reedus..

the actors themselves claim they dont know who died. So they couldnt have continued to film the scene through with dialogue.

Or else they are all lying. But if anyone truly knew wouldnt it have been leaked?

Either way its not hard to change a shot. change who dies if writers felt it the impact to viewership Nielsen ratings would be too negative. Entire movies have almost been refilmed in 1/5th the time due to unexpected deaths/legal trouble, so I dont think it is too far fetched that the writers could have left it "open ended" to make sure they make the right decision

9. Mr Bag

Mr Bag Member