Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Guilt

Discussion in 'Episode 515 - Try' started by rowjimmytour, Mar 26, 2015.

1. rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour New Member

Does father Judas Gabriel and not accepting the gift of strawberries and Dianne not accepting the casserole show that Dianne has some heavy guilt on her shoulders?

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think it shows more that Deanna is no longer sure who to trust.

3. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Deanna refused to accept Carol's condolences because she's not sure whether Glenn and co. are responsible for Aiden's death. In fact, it wasn't just that she didn't accept the casserole; she actually burned the note that came with it.

4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It also makes her claim about being able to read people look more like empty boasting than reality. She has known Nicholas a long time and should be able read him at this stage, particularly since he spent a lot of time with Aiden.

5. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I still think she's quite a perceptive person. But she's just lost a son. When people close to me have died, I couldn't even decide what to wear or what to eat for lunch for days, if not weeks, afterward. The fact that she's doing her best to get to the bottom of things and to continue to lead the community attests to her strength/stubbornness, imo.

I think she's torn. On one hand, yeah, anyone can see how shifty Nicholas was acting during the interview. On the other hand, when people die suddenly it's common for friends and family to look for someone to blame, and Glenn is a convenient scapegoat. It would be hard for Deanna to be objective in that situation, so it's understandable if her people-reading skills are off.

6. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

She probably was very good at reading people in the Old World but in this New World people aren't behaving the same way that they used to. I don't think she was prepared for that.

7. the walking jet

i agree on deanna not being prepared for how dramatically the ZA changes everything but as far as reading nicholas i think she knew he was lying right to her face.. IMO, she reviewed the recording hoping against hope her instincts were wrong..

deanna probably can't get her head around how quickly she's regretted letting rick & his group into "her" alexandria..

be careful what you wish for..

8. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I agree. Deanna knows Nicholas is full of shit. She just doesn't trust the other side either.

9. Lt. Col. Cookie

Well. I'm not defending her or anything but I probably would have acted distrustful and distant like that too if a loved one died on a trip with people I don't know much... I think I'd want to find a way to blame them just to deal with the pain even if I know it's not right. What bugs me is how she claims she can read people and still insisted that Nicholas go with them...

10. rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour New Member

I think the blame game is taking place but I also feel she is feeling guilt in her sons death because she knew her son was worthless and even said so when Glenn clocked him a few episodes back. Now its blame time and like father Judas she has to blame some one else.

11. Damaniel

Damaniel Member

WHO'S DIANNE!?

edit: (huh, didn't know this automatically "uncaplocked" what I said)

12. Screaminleeman

I didn't tie Gabriel not accepting the Strawberries back to Deanna in any way including guilt.

Judas Gabriel? I don't follow here either. Judas was indeed saddled with guilt of betraying Jesus so profoundly that he committed suicide. I can't be more honest than saying I can see only one single hint that Gabriel is feeling this kind of guilt in the food bank scene with the woman in glasses.

Refusal to accept strawberries < Suicide

13. Steppin' Razor

Honestly I was surprised Deanna could afford to just waste a whole freakin casserole like that cuz she was "sad". Can't just be wastin food like that in the apocalypse! Dafuq?!

14. the walking jet

yeah, deanna resents the hell out of rick's group now..