Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

H1Z1 Building System

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by Mr Bubbles, May 6, 2014.

1. Mr Bubbles

Mr Bubbles New Member

What do you guys think about the building system so far?

It looks very similar to Rust, but do you think that it's a good thing or bad?

2. Bor

Bor Super Moderator

I like it. You can build good bases, etc, and it won't take TOO much time.

3. ManofOneWay

ManofOneWay New Member

Is there already a list of a few bases/objects that you can build? I didn't see too much about it. Hopefully it will be like in Rust though where you can do whatever you want and build basically everything.

4. Agent

Agent Member

Well, since this is not minecraft of anything like that and there is a big focus on many other aspects of the game (like combat for example) a basic building system seems like a way to go.

Don't get me wrong the survival aspect it's still important but basic stuff like just building a campfire with your friends while someone is on the lookout for zombies could be lots of fun on its own.

5. WhiteAsh

WhiteAsh Member

It seems fine too me. Building first and foremost needs to be fast and fairly simple. Also, developers need to strike a fine balance between aesthetics and player freedom - give players too much freedom and they will start building statues of Gabe Newell, giant penises and other ridiculous things that ruin the game's atmosphere. I've seen lots of different and elaborate ideas and wishes concerning the building system here and there - it's just asking for pointless feature creep in my opinion. I hope that SOE keeps it simple and fun.

6. Lapolax

Lapolax Member

It definately needs to be simple, but having it too fast will make it feel unrealistic if you ask me. Then again it would probably ruin the other aspects of the game if it took too long to build something. I just think that when some of you say that it needs to be "fast", I think it needs to be... Of reasonable speed, not fast, not slow: but reasonable.

It's a tough task, but I think the devs will be able to find a nice gray-scale between simplicity, realism, and how it relates to the other parts of the game.

7. mark973

mark973 Member

It looks good to me. As long as its simple and doesn't require too much time to learn how to build, I'm sure I'll be happy with it.

8. sparkblade14

sparkblade14 Member

Yeah I agree. It seems like a lot of people want pretty pointless features that add nothing to the base gameplay. Gameplay needs to be smoothed out first and at the top of that is crafting. This is a survival horror game first and foremost, the crafting mechanic just helps you in that aspect. It's not the main mechanic.

9. [CF] lukeed99

[CF] lukeed99 New Member

Wood/Log Walls.

please add a log/wood that only needs wood to make, and a paint made from a certain plant that stops people from burning the structure down.
    obviously a bit bigger than this pic and it has pointy edges.
    [​IMG]

and a wood wall like this, made of plywood or lumber. (with paint idea from the top of my comment)

[​IMG]