Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Helicopter Sniper

Discussion in 'Episode 303 - Walk with Me' started by loco, Oct 29, 2012.

1. loco

loco Member

Anyone out there think that the Helicopter was shot down based on the scenes that we are shown?

2. Syphon

Syphon Member

Can you shoot down a helicopter easily with a sniper rifle? Assuming you wouldn't miss at whatever range they're at.

3. loco

loco Member

They were making a u-turn when they experienced troubles.

4. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

Rotary aircraft take a ton of maintenance unlike fixed wing aircraft. I just took it as a maintenance issue.

5. Syphon

Syphon Member

Hm. I suppose. It seems like it'd be hard, though. Not many people could hit a moving target at that speed at that range and for the bullet to actually hit a vital point. Idk, maybe =]

6. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

And it would have been the governor's crew who shot it, seeing how they were on scene shortly after the crash, though I am not 100 percent certain it had to happen that way... But it has become clear that the kid from season 2 whom they "saved" after their run-in with those two at the bar must've come from Woodbury, and that Shane may have been right when he said the kid was bad news and they needed to kill him.

#6 8307c4, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  7. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Good point about it being shot down, that could be the case. I mean they do have the weapons and the desire.

8. James

James Member

I watched it the second time and it sounded like I heard a gun shot when it started having problems again and crashed

9. Preston McCambry

It appeared mechanical to me. Sounded like an engine blown or something possibly.

10. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

i dont think Randal came from Woodury. it sounded like that group was on the move.

11. Bob Morrison

Bob Morrison New Member

I also think I heard gunfire.

12. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

It's possible but Randall's group was around 7 months before Season 3 started so maybe they were on the move back then and eventually settled and merged with Woodbury.

13. Dead man walking

If a helicopter is hit on the tail rotor it loses stabilisation and you would need to autorotate to get it down which isn't easy.

14. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

The Governor does seem proactive and they certainly have the hardware to get the job done.

15. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

I also thought I head a gunshot when the helicopter started going down.

16. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

Good reason to watch the show yet an other time.

I really don't think it was shot down. The helicopter had some warning lights and buzzers for a second or two, but then the problem "went away" and he commented on something being tempormental. and then there's a bit of a BANG (i presumed something breaking) and then all the warning indicators again.

The warning lights and buzzers would make no sense if shot, if they were shot all the alarms wouldn't just turn off with the pilot causally talking after the indicators go away.

I also think some small arms can take down a helicopter. high powered sniper riffles, or 50 cal assult riffles have enough power to take one down. I think Andrea even comments on the heavy weapons early on ...

but there's lots of setup to lead the audiance to believe it was a mechanical failure. the Pilot said something about knowing the helicopter had a rough ride (while on the trailer) but had to take the risk anyways ..

17. CorpseKiller

CorpseKiller Member

The Govenor and his men did show up at the crash site pretty quickly after the chopper went down (the soldiers were still alive and/or had not turned yet, Shane turned in a matter of minutes after his death) and the ride back to Woodbury seemed to take awhile considering it was dark by the time they arrived. So I am thinking that you may be right about a sniper.

18. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

Andrea and Michonne saw the smoke in the distance. Hard telling how far it was, but lets say 2 miles. (only saw it once, so I am guessing here) At 3 miles and hour we will call that a 45min walk under best of circumstances. Now, Andrea is sick and they are walking with Walkers. Lets call this a 1 hr 15 min walk. The Governor and crew show up after them. Not so sure I would say that falls in line with quick after shooting them down. Had they shot it down, with vehicles at their disposal, I would say they would be there in 15 min.

just threw this together.

19. ldncalling

ldncalling Member

My initial reaction was that it had been shot down as I thoughit sounded like it through my earphones - but after reading this thread and Duzy's timescale explanation I now am unsure and won't be surprised either way (if we ever find out conclusively).

20. Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack New Member

Possible but not likely

Possible but not likely. Gov would have to have someone in place and ready in the exact path of the Helicopter with a heavy enough weapon, skills and orders (doesn't seem like his people are allowed much initiative) There was no indication that the gov had intel that the copter was coming and they move too fast to react to it.

I did hear something that sounded like gunshots, but it well could have been fast moving parts coming apart. As someone pointed out before, maintenance would be a huge liability with complex equipment.