Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Hell on Wheels

Discussion in 'Hell On Wheels' started by O Town Indian, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

Aw heck. Nobody? I went ahead and ordered it. Can't wait to revisit those first episodes!

2. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I'll wait for a full-series release for Hell on Wheels. In the meantime they're all on my DVR.

I started collecting Breaking Bad on blu ray, then decided to sell them off and wait for the inevitable series box set. I imagine they'll probably have it out for the holiday season next year. Hopefully with extra goodies like a retrospective documentary on the whole show.

3. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

That's a good plan. If I didn't get the HELL ON WHEELS set for dirt cheap, I would've held off, too.

4. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

Anybody catch last night's episode? I thought it was pretty good. Couldn't believe that Durant got shot and is now dying...

5. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, last night's episode was good. My wife and I have the theory that if Durant dies it's going to be a big reveal that his last will and testament left the railroad to Mrs Bell.

6. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

I could see that happening.

Even though I don't see him surviving, I hope Durant lives. I like the character.

7. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I like Durant too. I don't see him as a villain. Durant's bringing the railroad to the West; it's the civilization that followed that brought destruction to the American Indian's way of life.

The show's real villains are the drunk preacher and the two Irish brothers. The brothers in particular may seem incompetent, but they're ambitious and are learning from their mistakes.

8. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

I concur.

What do you think about Ferguson?

9. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I like Elam. I think he's trying to find his place in the world. The blacks resent Elam for his standing with the railroad, while the whites resent him for ordering them around; and they all resent Elam because Durant has begun to appreciate him.

10. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I like the character, but after the baby thing he seems to be heading down a dark path and hitting the whiskey a little too often.

I don't like his hat, either. :zombies_lol: Bohannon has such a cool hat and clothing, I think they could have come up with something better for Ferguson.

It's just recently occured to me that the actress that plays Mrs Bell in "Hell on Wheels" also played a Mrs Bell in "Moon". Which, btw, is an awesome movie for those that haven't seen it. Check it out...

#50 Bassman, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  11. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

I like his hat... ha! :)

12. RicksRightHand

I just started watching this show on Netflix last week, as well as Breaking Bad. I've also been told to start watching Mad Men by so many people... Damn, AMC has some amazing shows.

One thing I noticed while watching Hell on Wheels was that AMC must have a pretty relaxed policy on gore haha. I mean, the scalping, neck slitting and thrusting of arrows through necks (all in the first episode!!!)... it sort of put TWD to shame haha.

I feel like AMC might actually be the best network for TWD. I reckon they're probably the only network that would allow TWD to bring to life some of the gorish scenes from the comic book.

13. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

I like Elam as well but I also think his hat is ridiculous. I remember that first time I saw him wearing it, I was like "Seriously? I hope they don't make him wear that stupid thing for more than one episode." It is extremely too tall and it looks like it doesn't even fit down on his head.

I really enjoy the show but it got a little slow toward the middle to end of last season but so far this season seems to be much better. Amazed that they got away with showing the butcher gut that pig like they did. I know it wasn't real but I figured PETA would be all over that one!

BTW, Mrs. Bell is a smokin' hot!

14. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I agree. The first season lagged after the premiere or second episode. I think it's probably because they busted out of the gate with an amazing premiere episode instead of spreading the good pieces around throughout the season. Even in it's low moments, it's a good show though. Probably one of AMC's weakest dramas, but that's still better than most dramas on other networks.

Indeed, she is! I also think Eva's pretty cute. Ya know....if you imagine her without the Native American tramp stamp on her chin.:Grin:

15. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

I actually think the tattoo enhances her beauty.

16. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

Yeah, she is a good looking woman, too! And she is Australian, I love that accent!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

Love those pics!

18. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

She's a real natural beauty. She looks better without makeup, imo.

And i'm a straight man, but i've got to admit that i've got a bit of a man-crush on Anson Mount(Bohannon).:zombies_lol: He's a good lookin' fella and seems like a really cool guy.

#58 Bassman, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  19. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

I've liked Anson Mount ever since seeing him in URBAN LEGEND: FINAL CUT. He does seem like a cool guy.

20. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

When Bohannon and Ferguson had the shirtless fight a handful of episodes back, my wife kept making "mmmm" sounds when he showed up on screen. :zombies_lol: