Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Henry.

Discussion in 'Episode 910 - Omega' started by Seventh_son, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Seventh_son

Seventh_son Well-Known Member

Much as he irks me, I get the sense that he (through his growing relationship with Lydia) is going to be key to the "resolution" to the Whisperer arc for better or worse. Or worse or worse.

Let's give Henry some love in this thread.

Or shade.

Or a worm or two.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

OOoooo the bit with the worm was hot, omg.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

This episode had too much Henry for me, both the character and the actor. I can take them both in small doses, but, for me, the actor didn't have the chops to carry this much of the story.

Seriously, for the character, why was Henry stupid enough to give any clue about another community? You don't even tell strangers where you live yourself if you meet them out in the open. A young man Henry's age endangering an entire community? That's almost too idiotic to believe. And being idealistic enough to covertly let a total stranger prisoner out of a jail cell, endangering this whole community? I would kick Henry out. Sorry, no black smithy training for idiots. Scram.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Seventh_son

Preach!

[​IMG]

Praise be, I CAN SEE!!!

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

LOL. And, on that note, good night!!! Signing off. <3

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think they compress the time line from, say, several weeks into just 1 episode. I mean, maybe in a few weeks, Henry and Lydia will get bonded together more for him to tell her about the Kingdom. But the show cannot do that because the story needs to move on quickly or else, there will be no drama. The same thing goes for Lydia's memory untangling. She has only been in the cell for like 1 night and her suppressed memory immediately comes up. This part realistically is moving too fast too. But this has to be done in the show.

Anyway, Henry is eager to get a girl friend and after he sees that Enid and Alden are together, he fixes his eyes on Lydia and makes a quick judgement that she is a good person.
    An interesting development might be that Enid becomes available after Alden is killed by Alpha. Suddenly, Henry now has Enid and Lydia to chase after...lol

• Like Like x 5
  7. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

The whole Henry being too trusting almost seems like he is about to cause some deaths at the hilltop and learn that lesson the hard way.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  8. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Henry's too much of a DA to survive in the ZA.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

It's called hormones.

He's a teen who grew up in those adverse ZA conditions and learned to fight and survive and farm, that's basically it.

Think about it, he practically grew up Amish as a child in the Kingdom and once he got to Hilltop now as a teen, he is fascinated by the freedom they have there as far as the other kids go ( which they covered in the episode where he got drunk then locked up). But he's lived a sheltered life and now he sees girls and he wants one lol.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Henry is thinking with the wrong head.
    As for the timeline, I can't agree that they're just compressing it for the story. Henry is very naive even for having lived at least half his life in the ZA. The actor is playing the part very well, because we're all thinking he's a stupid nitwit. But to me, his character is almost as annoying as Dale.

• Like Like x 6
  11. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

I agree that Henry was being stupid telling Lydia about the Kingdom. Even if this was pre apocalypse....say you're in some small town lockup for drunk and disorderly and they put a member of a group known for killing... gang, cult, 1%ers, etc....next to you in a cell, awaiting transfer.....you don't tell them where you and your family live. You keep that stuff to yourself. Common sense.
    That being said, if he hadn't let her out, she wouldn't have cracked and had her 'epiphany' about her mother. If she was telling the truth at that point. I think she was. Wasn't Daryl watching them from close by? I thought I saw that. I don't think that he told Henry to let her out. Maybe. Maybe he just stuck around to see what Henry would do after he said that it would take more than him (Daryl) to bring her around.
    Of course now that they are sympathising with Lydia that may mean Alden, Luke and how many others may get killed just to protect her?
    Would the Whisperers just move on if they got Lydia back? Or would they eventually attack Hilltop anyway? If they get Lydia back, I'm going to assume that they will extract any information she learned at Hilltop from her, whether she wants to tell them or not.
    And if they are truly nomadic, then what's this about "their territory"?
    Didn't Lydia say that they try to avoid large groups of survivors, if possible?
    I like Lydia. I don't think she's bs'ing them at this point.
    What will Daryl & Henry do to save her?
    I liked the conversations between Henry and Daryl. Most people wouldn't talk to Daryl like that. It was an interesting piece of story I wasn't expecting.
    There may be hope for that kid yet.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Blb

Blb New Member

13. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

This. My exact thoughts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Blb

Blb New Member

As soon as lydia put the hammer down, they showed Daryl standing in that shed watching..Im thinking that was Daryl's plan to see what she was gonna do.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Seventh_son

I can see all this leading to Lydia using her knowledge of the Kingdom as a trade with her mother, maybe to save someone she's about to kill (Henry?).

16. KiernansFaerie

KiernansFaerie Active Member

If Alpha had Henry I don't think Lydia could stop her from killing him, short of pulling a weapon on her.
    Just the fact that Lydia wanted to save him would probably be considered weakness by her mother.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Seventh_son

Maybe. Information is power, though. It depends on Alpha's motives, which is still a grey area.

One way or another, she's going to find out about the Kingdom (probably Alexandria also).

18. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

This.
    Yes, Henry is annoying. And I get that he is written that way. I defintely think he has caused the future deaths of people at the hands of the Whisperers. I do appreciate his hormone crazy storyline but I agree with this quite---I am not sure if it will be delivered the way it needs to be.

19. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

At first I was like
    [​IMG]

and then I was like:

OHHHHHHHHHHH........................DA......................dumbass...........duh!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

How old is he supposed to be? Six years and more ago he was in a war against the bad guys, and everyone won. There's still the dead guys, of course, but loose lips don't let zombies sink ships...and everyone else has been on his side for most of his growing up. It's like country folk who don't lock their doors. He really hasn't learned to guard his utterances.

Everyone acts to meet their needs. It's clear what Henry's pressing need is, let's not shame him for it ;)

• Like Like x 2