Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Hershel Is A Nutjob

Discussion in 'Volume 3: Safety Behind Bars' started by shoot-to-kill, Dec 19, 2012.

1. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

The Hershel in the comic is way more violent than the one on the show. The guy in the comic is crazy. He keeps hitting his son and all that. I'd knock the shit out of Hershel if I was the son.

2. page

page Well-Known Member

Respect your elders. They're passing on knowledge.

3. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

With their fists.

4. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

I'd rather punch them back and have them learn not to hit people unless they want to get hit themselves.

5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Hershel goes through some devastating losses, but he was wrong for making his son believe that he's going to hell just for talking back.

I'm so glad the TV version of Hershel is nothing like this.

6. shoot-to-kill

shoot-to-kill Member

You're right about that. I get that Hershel has been though a lot and lost a lot, but that's still no excuse to hit somebody.

7. AnsonElias

AnsonElias Member

yeah. he's old and from a different time though. he was brought up more on respect of your elders and having such a large family, he was most susceptible to losing people than anyone else.

I mean, hell, he was the Rick of the Greene Farm group, so he was under a lot of pressure to keep everyone safe, and they're his blood family on top of that. I can understand him losing his cool here and there.

but I am glad that TV Hershel is more of the wise elder who doesn't say much. but when he does, you damn well better listen.

8. PipForever

PipForever Member

Compared to the TV show, everyone is a but crazier in the comics.

I think the biggest nut job of these six issues would be Otis's girlfriend. Trying to free the murderer and then assisting in the revolt against Rick? Just stupid.

9. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

Show Hershel is way better than the comic book one.

10. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Patricia AND Carol, total nutbags in the comic.. And what about when Alice walks into the infirmary & finds Patricia shagging Axel !

TV show Hershel was compassionate & kind, I preferred TV Hershel to comic Hershel..