Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Hilltop Sleepers

Discussion in 'Episode 813 - Do Not Send Us Astray' started by Sully, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Sully

Sully Active Member

I've got to wear a sleep mask and ear plugs when I sleep, but the people of the Hilltop can sleep like they're in comas all night long. I'm definitely jealous.

You would think in this kind of world people would be very light sleepers. Yet here we have walkers growling and stomping around, one tumbling down the freaking steps, and not one person in that entire room flinches.

Even the savior prisoners with Henry talking, most of them stayed passed out.

Like I get it was a long day...most of them were probably up for a long time preparing for Negan's attack, and with it over they probably finally could relax for a minute. But still they are the soundest sleepers in the world.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

That’s very true, we had Wesley tumble down the steps and Tobin stomping around and no one woke up. We can assume everyone was exhausted from the day’s events ;) but hey they gave us the bloodbath we’ve been waiting for lol. Our beloved Tobin and Bruce are gone!

3. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I think TWD series been pulling this one, one to many times by now. We seen a similar scenario in FTWD with Alicia being the only survivor...Come on.

4. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Agree completely with the above; I mean, I understand that it's a fictitious show about zombies, but come on writers/directors/whomevers....... Either I'm becoming more critical/cynical, or,.................... I don't know.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

All I have to do is watch how people drive every day, and suddenly none of the above surprises me in the least.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

i cant believe the stupidity of leaving a bunch of seriously injured unsupervised when there is the chance that some could die and turn. they couldve taken turns to watch them, just in case.i cant believe this ,nope.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Absolutely, but not only should they have had a guard on the injured but I would think it prudent to have people take guard duty on shifts so the group would never be asleep all at once. What an over sight.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

You're not alone. I have definitely become more cynical and critical. Not always, but when there is an episode (like this one) that just doles out the stupid in big servings it just draws that frustration/disappointment out of me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

And if I'm not mistaken, the front door to the building was left wide open!!!! So walker Tobin and the others just strolled on in for late night snacks. smh

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jiggeryqua

jiggeryqua Active Member

Henry left the door open, I'd assumed...though with the aircon off (Maggie saving gas by not running the generators), and a group who think they're safe behind walker-proof walls and unlikely to see the Saviours again that night, maybe it was open intentionally. Nobody there has any reason to suppose anyone will die and turn overnight. Even the 'seriously injured' weren't seriously injured - knife and arrow wounds to limbs aren't life threatening, and Tobin's chest wound had been tended to. With hindsight, sure, a guard or two would have helped.

I've worked night shifts. They showed us the clocks and watches - the incident occurred in the small hours, when your body's need for sleep will easily outweigh your mind's insistence on staying awake, especially after all the stress, action and hunger of the previous day/s.

I still don't see how Henry got the key, though TWD has been entertaining me the last couple of episodes by answering fan complaints from previous episodes with well-placed dialogue explanations. As though they deliberately goad you into spending a week foaming on the forums before demonstrating that they knew you would and they had their excuse lined up all the time.

• Like Like x 2
  11. mistertrouble189

Dunno if someone mentioned this already and I apologize if it’s been said, but there was at least one guard on duty... except he succumbed too lol. You can see him sitting down on the wall with his head down (aka dead). I think it’s the scene as Henry approaches the Savior prison. You see the same guard, now a walker, when Maggie finds Siddiq and Alden at the end. Question is, was he the only guard?! Lol

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. mistertrouble189

They did have at least one person watching over the injured (Kurt) but he fell asleep and didn’t witness Tobin dying.

13. purriwinkle

Thinking about it some more, I can see how they were lulled into a false sense of security with the battle won and the injured being tended to. Why would they think they couldn't all hit the hay at the same time? The enemy was on the other side of the walls and any posted guards were looking outwards.

I also felt that it seemed odd that more people didn't wake up sooner with all the commotion going on but then again if you have a bunch of exhausted people the response time would be slower and they probably were a bit disoriented being woken from a deep sleep.

Rotten luck.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I think the kind of 'guard' that should be present actually refers to a pre-ZA nurse, who checks on the sicks regularly.
    In addition to Dr Dana, there is Siddiq and one more guy in the 'infirmary'. So, maybe they should have form a shift schedule but haven't.

I also think the notion of everyone being tired after the fight is not very convincing because there is going to be someone (the senior folks especially) who had not participated in the gun fighting. These people could be part of the 'nurse' details.

• Like Like x 1
  15. purriwinkle

When I hear the word "guard" I think of a sentry who would be walking the perimeter of the compound and/or someone who would be watching anyone who would be considered dangerous. Compound personnel with non life threatening wounds wouldn't necessarily be in my radar. I think maybe the medical staff was checking in on the wounded non the less which is why Dr. Dana was entering the room in the middle of the night when she got bit.

As for "senior" folks, what seniors are we talking about? We've seen some in each group we've encountered but I'll be damned but each time there's a crisis like with the Wolves, Walkers, or hostilities with Negan's group they seem to have become casualties cause I haven't spotted any afterwards but that could just be me.