Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How did Shane.....?

Discussion in 'Episode 212 - Better Angels' started by Joshua, Mar 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Geek the Lamebrain

I think this is Rick's real turning point. We saw him kill Dave and Tony in the bar, but he didn't know them, and knew they were a threat. Putting Shane, his long-time friend, down, will be the catalyst through which he will begin to banish his sentimentality, and start doing what's necessary.

2. akurei00

akurei00 Member

I don't recommend getting too attached to any character if they're as loose with killing off people in the show as they were in the comics. It looks like they are already.

3. Slow 91

Slow 91 New Member

I still cannot believe they killed off Shane. He was the only one who was thinking the correct way given the situation."kill or be killed" Rick is being careless with his thinking and is putting everyones life in danger.
    Also, i do find it kind of interesting that a recently dead person can be infected if the brain has not yet been destroyed. Its kinda like the Remake of Night of the Living dead when the space probe came back to earth with the radiation.

Also, i have a feeling something is going to come of what Jenner said before they all left the CDC in Season 1: " It was the French who held out the Longest"

#43 Slow 91, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  4. walkerkilla

walkerkilla New Member

I see everyone here saying that EVERYONE is infected??? this is hard to buy into as, if you dont have to be bit or anything, just DIE to become a walker....why didnt the two guys RICK shot in the BAR come back alive and try to help kill them???

5. Slow 91

Slow 91 New Member

didnt he shoot them in the head? if so that will keep you from becomming a walker.

6. walkerkilla

walkerkilla New Member

Ok...Great point lol. What about the fat guy that left with shane to save the boy?

7. Cass

Cass New Member

What did Jenner say to Rick?! Was it about the baby or the fact that people are already infected and just have to die to reanimate?

8. Katr

Katr Member

Not sure that walker-Otis would be all that mobile given the number of zeds chowing down on him (remember Bicycle Girl, after all). I think the dead people in the cars at the traffic snarl are a much bigger problem. Although Kirkman maintains that they all died as the result of accidents/head trauma.

9. walkerkilla

walkerkilla New Member

Wait a minute...Rick just shot the big guy in the bar in the head...if I remember correctly, he just SHOT Renee' (off of True Blood) behind the bar

10. boutte

boutte Active Member

If Rick knows but didn't tell everybody that any dead will re-animate he put the whole group at risk. What if some one died while he wasn't there and they didn't know they had to take care of the body. That was stupid.

11. Richer

Richer New Member

Why did Shane became a walker?

Just finish the EP12. Shane died, when Rick put his kinfe into Shane chest, i feel so bad. Although i didn't agree some of things which Shane did. But i can accept his death like this. They used to be a great bros. But... When Carl shows up, Shane became a walker? I saw that Rich was beside Shane all time after Shane died, there is no bite, how could he gonna be a walker? Is that because of the knife? Because the knife had killed many walks, so it should be walk's blood on? ??

12. Richer

Richer New Member

:shining:At first, i was thinking about the knife...As the kinfe had been killed lots of walkers. Maybe have walker's blood on it. But if that, how to explain Rolland became a walker too? I saw the walker which Glen killed looks like Rolland, am i wrong???

13. TERM

TERM New Member

i agree, that was pretty cool they did that.

14. TERM

TERM New Member

Personally I think it is in the water. Think about it, Rick & Shane find two cops not bitten but turned (At the public works right?) before that, they find that walker in farm in the well. Next episode i am pretty sure they are going to put the pieces together :zombies_confused:.

15. akurei00

akurei00 Member

It's because everyone is already infected. Being infected isn't going to kill you but when you die you will turn. A bite from a walker is venomous, so to speak. You get bitten, you die. You die, disease turns you into a zombie.It's not the blood because if that were the case they'd all be zombies by now. Shane stabbed a zombie in the head in 18 Miles Out then cut his hand open with it to smear blood over a wall. He would have been infected then and turn by the end of the next episode at the latest if that were the case.
    It could be the water, but whether it's the water or airborne is a moot point. Doesn't matter. They all drank from the same waters as Shane. They're all already infected and it's not killing them. As far as we're aware it's airborne. You could be drinking rainwater your entire life and still turn when you die. But once again, the way we contracted it doesn't really matter since everyone already has it. And to tell what the source of the infection was in the first place would require scientific testing to which they just don't have access. Maybe if they run upon another CDC they could find out but I think it's highly unlikely.

16. itsmejoe37

itsmejoe37 New Member

interesting,

Im reading comments there are things I dont udnerstand, if their all infected, why would bites affect them. So ive come up with a theory that would rationalize why they are already infected.

So the virus airborne or waterborne. We got that straight.
    So why doesnt it kill off the people one by one?
    Well this is the only thing i could come up with. The virus stays in a dominant state until death, in which it activates. that would be the reason why they arent dying. So the reason why bites affect ppl, because its virus is already activate and obviously its an aggressive virus, so it either activates the dominant virus or rapidly spreads out throu the body. Hence the fever then death.
    I shouldnt say this is a theory because this the only way this can go with making sensewise.

17. Fibber

Fibber Member

I havealways assumed that, that scene was the source of infection. What he does is cut himself open a would smear the blood but then a Zombie licks the blood off the door frame, Shane then smears more blood with the hand with the wound. Saliva is the source of infection in the bite and the lick just like in Rabies. Brain tissue should also be a massive source of infection since it is actually the brain that is taken over but this is ignored by the writers and as for blood the group get covered in the stuff.

18. itsmejoe37

itsmejoe37 New Member

Yes, thats true it could of happened. But there was at least 4-5 days between that and shayne dying, and it takes what like 17 hours to die from a bite or saliva that cause the fever. And that comes with hallucations, and hardly in any shape to move. So I believe that this answer is not the case, but it is pausible. We just dont know yet, but how did randall turn? tho.

19. zombiemurphy

zombiemurphy Member

He watched him like a hawk............ waiting for the the visual evidence, which was the demise of the human, the humanity (oh the humanity lol that animal who was good with a gun) , therefore the steam of the body heat evaporating into the cool night air - fresh corpse not yet cooled so so graphic and poignant - and the window of turning is not established it varies from human to human - Shane (lovely irish name) snuffed it and Rick watched the last breath and facial twitch - but he got up and walked away and his son had to put the groupmember down finally. nice - loving this series

20. zombiemurphy

zombiemurphy Member

- you come into contact with an infected person - you end up a carrier
    simple as that.