Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black Ops 2 Multiplayer How To: Open your NAT type for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 for less laggy games

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by DJ piNoy, Nov 24, 2012.

1. bloodysanta

bloodysanta Member

2. Ranger_55

Ranger_55 New Member

thanks for the help

3. Rokon2

Rokon2 Member

Funny how I need to port forward in order to get a less laggy game. That's hilarious. Didn't realize I was playing on a PC.

No but yeah, real talk, Treyarch should like, stop shitting on their servers. We have bathrooms for that.

4. Captain Dyno

Captain Dyno New Member

In a perfect world, wouldn't our games just...you know... work? Without us having to jump through hoops and fix something that isn't even WRONG to begin with?

5. Maverick8509

Maverick8509 New Member

6. Rokon2

Rokon2 Member

Best way to defeat lag: Downloading something. You force everyone else to lag compensate and you win.

7. Ryan233

Ryan233 New Member

Keep in mind that I work has a network manager within Cisco, basically I have tried opening ports and also tried putting my ps3 in a DMZ. I but nothing works. I have a 60mb connection, bops2 is still moderate

Any help would be amazing

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

8. Msuspartan14595

Msuspartan14595 New Member

I have always had issues with my NAT type, it is moderate but i rarely have any connection problems. whenever i try and fix it it never works so i have just decided to not bother it any mre

9. DJ piNoy

DJ piNoy Active Member

After opening ports/hosting DMZ, try testing your Xbox Live connection/w.e PS3 does to test connection to PSN. That will usually help.

10. BOOSTkv87

BOOSTkv87 Member

Hey everyone. I kind of have the opposite problem. The game makes me host WAY to often. My NAT type is open. But it seems like whenever I am host the majority of the other players in the room have really bad lag. And I have even gotten accused of lag switching. I tried explaining to these people that I was host. But they didn't believe me. Haha. Is there any way NOT to be host? Is there a setting or something I could do? Btw, when I am host I experience almost no lag at all, but I feel bad for everyone else in the room. So I usually back out next game. Maybe I'm to nice.....

11. DJ piNoy

DJ piNoy Active Member

That's just matchmaking giving you people who are way far away from you in your server. Change your search setting to Normal or Best to get more people around your area. I can usually get a full lobby as 4 bar when I'm hosting if they are from the west coast, but if they're further like east coast, they sometimes get a 2-4 bar depending on their internet.

12. BOOSTkv87

BOOSTkv87 Member

^^ that may explain it. I live on the east coast and I usually play later at night. So maybe I'm getting matched with people on the west coast. My search settings were on Best but I recently changed them to Normal to maybe get an improvement. But i guess I'll just roll with the punches and see what happens. Lol. Thanks!

13. iGBx

iGBx Member

My NAT has been open since day one and it still lags .

14. [TSS]MrGr3yBush

Here is a tip for linksys users:

Some of the routers made by Cisco, like the EXXX series, almost always stick you on moderate or strict no matter what you do. I spent days reading hundreds of threads then I found a cocktail that has worked for me and almost a dozen other people without fail that I know:

1) Go DYNAMIC and forward your ports, you can find that information all over the place. This almost never works out with static ip's.

2) Disable the router firewall. It is largely useless anyway.

3) Reboot the router and the xbox. Hey look, your still not open! Proceed.

4) Go into the router settings and find the NAT setting. Change it to disabled and reboot the router. This will kill your consoles ability to access the network. Allow it to fail the test and then shut it off.

5) Reboot the router, then go back in and turn NAT back to enabled. Fire up the xbox and guess what, your NAT is now open and won't bother you ever again. Disabling the NAT forces the router to re-establish it's relationship with the console.

15. Ral x infect

Ral x infect New Member

Thanks for the tip helped me alot

16. DeCePtEgRa

DeCePtEgRa Member

Are you still whining about lag hey dumb shits on any given day/night there is about half a million players on at one time give them a break.

If you leave the lobby and go to a different one it usually is fine or you can do the nerd thing explained above.

Faulking cry baby's

17. ImTheLastLegacy

ImTheLastLegacy New Member

Does opening your NAT really make it less laggy? Or is it just changing who you can connect to?

18. XxHKxX_GCountry

XxHKxX_GCountry New Member

Great post I will be doing this ASAP

19. Call of duty player

Call of duty player Well-Known Member

Great advise..
    I have done all this as my NAT was on strict, now it open. Im having great games now.
    Just to let people know ..
    When mine was on strict I was only having trouble in team deathmatch,
    all other lobby games were fine..
    But I play team deathmatch the most.

Also I have a question. Now that the NAT it open on BO2, if I was to go play MW3, BO1, Battlefield or even medal of honor.. will the IP address change or mess with the BO2 IP's
    as I really only Play BO2 mostly now ?

Cheers

20. DJ piNoy

DJ piNoy Active Member

Nope. It will not change and your NAT type for any other online multiplayer is going to be Open.