Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How would you make the ASZ safer?

Discussion in 'Episode 513 - Forget' started by RoboLives, Mar 11, 2015.

1. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

I would pick a better Sheriff.

[​IMG]

2. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Member

Their main weaknesses are a lack of quality intel, no layered defences, no obvious drills for various threats, no aggressive posture (relying just on defence attracts predators) and no heavy weapons (improvised mines and IEDs would be essential).

3. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

We can't sacrifice him, he's are golden mullet haired naked god barrier that protects this realm.

4. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

Dude, we are the same person! I thought about that, too; or crawl spaces between the walls. (The old house I grew up in had some spaces like this and when our parents had friends over, we'd sneak to the living room space and knock on the walls from inside. Scared the shit out of them. Then Mom and Dad would have to explain.) The idea of bunkers, crawl spaces, and tunnels appeals to me b/c you can run out of ammo and walkers may somehow get in, but they can't kill you if they can't find you.

5. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

...and plenty of worms and grubs, for nourishment!

6. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

Who said anything about dying? Eugene will be the bro that sacrifices himself to be Carol's sex slave, so the rest of us can stick with beef. :zombies_lol:

7. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

So basically this is opposite of Leia and Jabba the Hut

8. Montyzuma

Montyzuma Member

The cellar ended up being the safest place, in "The Night of the Living Dead."

9. jojo

jojo Member

I'm 90% positive there's an underground bunker/fall out shelter probably only Deanna and her family know about it. Maybe a very few selected other's because of supplys and space. (start of sustainability that's what the brochures said) but just in case the stink hits the fan here's a bunker. Or STARTING in the low 800,s yeah the more u pay u get a bunker I'm sure the Monroe house is in the high $$$

10. DGribble19

DGribble19 Member

I would set up a perimeter of treadmills - that way walkers will get caught in a loop and get to work on their summer bods

11. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

Michonne had an idea to cut down trees at Shirewilt to increase sight lines and build walls. I'd do that, more than one wall would be good

12. miltk

miltk Member

teach the people how to fire weapons.

more lookouts.

on the assumption that there are many in the community, their sheer size led by the group is enough. i don't worry about zombies. just buttress the walls from the INSIDE- they have plenty of spare time. i'd reinforce the walls too with additional thickness. do what morgan did all by his lonesome when he barricaded himself.

there probably are no rovers who have the size that would pose a problem to asz. what are we talking about?...maybe a hundred + our group? that's way plenty enough.

continue to expand and recruit

escape tunnels... asz has to practice "fire drills" just in case, so they all have assignments and don't panic

the chubby lady shouldn't be in charge of weapons.

2 people at the gate

eventually usurp deanna for asz's own good. make her ombudsman or something.

watch "seven samurai" and learn how to prepare

good thing for asz, our group would be perfectly willing to do all the security stuff...it'll help keep their edge

#32 miltk, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  13. miltk

miltk Member

yeah and put all the wood to good use. gotta think green LOL

14. Turnish

Turnish New Member

Why are the supports on the outside of the fence? This makes it incredibly easy to climb in. (As someone stated last episode).

15. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Fairly obvious measures but would obviously take some time to implement:

- lookout/sniper towers located on North, East, South, West fences, staffed pretty much 24/7, located within the fence. Obviously the existing outside tower would either have a fence built around it or would be knocked down.

- a perimeter of entrapments for walkers, e.g. stakes, barbed wire fences, dug trenches, along with a number of noisy booby traps for humans trying to sneak around outside

- a double fence. Another fence built outside or inside of the existing fence so that if the existing fence falls there is a back up to hold off the hordes. The outside perimeter fence should be segmented so that if one segment collapses it does not mean that the zombies/attackers have access to the whole perimeter of the of the internal fence. Need to carefully think about the design of this so that if one part of the external fence fails zombies/attackers are limited to a small space where they can be picked off from the nearby tower

- as someone else suggested, greater protection of the main gate so that it is more difficult for someone to breach it by ramming it with a large vehicle

- something they should have had at the prison - a zombie distraction technique that will lead the zombies away from the fence, e.g. setting up car alarms or something to draw zombies towards an area away from ASZ and then teams exterminate them.

#35 Alina, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  16. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

I like the car alarm idea. Park a car just within range of the alarms remote, Eugene could increase this range by building a better remote. Dig a trench around said car so it's basically on an island. When you need to, set off the car alarm which will draw the walkers towards the car instead and they fall in the trench.

17. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Activate the Romulan cloaking device.

18. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

What others have said.

Also, I'd like to make walker popsicles, breaking their necks and cutting out their throats and tying them to poles about 50 feet out every 10 feet or so all the way around the compound. Them just standing there looking outward would probably deter other walkers from coming inward as there wouldn't be any sound/activity from them to get others worked up to come closer.

Arm and train everyone. Make people have their weapons on them all the time whenever they aren't in their own house.

Run outside patrols constantly.

Make sure you have a good supply of food and water inside in case you can't get out.

Have a couple emergency exits and a meeting place or two in case you're overrun.

2 way radios for anyone outside the compound with regular check ins and code words for "I'm ok" or "I'm captured".

A big alarm inside the compound that can wake everyone in case of attack.

Raid army bases, get some big trucks/weapons inside. Can escape or fight with them.

The three threats I see to the place are:

1. an armed band scaling the walls at night and surprise attacking
    2. an armed band driving a truck(s) or heavy equipment through the gate and attacking
    3. a zombie horde.

Of the three, the third would be the most easily countered by having a bus inside that people could stand on top of and stab down with spears, or by building a catwalk around the top of the fence and doing the same. More labor to build though.

The band of people scaling the wall would best be defended by seeing them before they see you, same with ramming the gate (or any section of wall, really). Either of those will be be bad, though

19. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I wanted to comment earlier this morning but had to talk to my contractor re: adding a few moats, walls, and zombies to the house plan. (Just kidding. I have no house plan.)

There seems to be no shortage of people in ASZ, and I've seen at least a few shots of people standing around chatting. Screw that: everybody to work. I know everybody has a job, but let's make sure they're real jobs. There should be some physical construction/refinement going on 24/7. I don't know how many kids there are, but I sure wouldn't leave the teenagers a ton of time to play video games (said the woman who grew up on a farm). There are obviously so many things they could do to enhance their safety that they're not doing, which makes me think they truly do not realize the scope of the danger out there. It's one thing to say, "You don't need to have your guns in the air at all time"; it's another to say, "Relax, Rick--let's go play a round of golf."

20. Negan Grimes

Negan Grimes Member

I keep hearing train everyone to shoot and give them all guns, but that contributed to the fall of the last few settlements. Shooting guns makes noise, noise draws in walkers. Haven't we learned by now that the dead are a manageable threat? Yes, teach people about guns and gun safety but don't fire out in the open. Use axes and hammers and sharp pointy sticks, save the bullets for people or an already screwed too many walkers situation. If people really need to fire the guns for 'target practice' then perhaps we could set up a shooting range in the mall or somewhere even farther away.