Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How you know its gotten bad.

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by Apockelipse, Jan 21, 2015.

1. GarethAUS

GarethAUS New Member

You would think that after all the "Survival" games that have come before this one people would be used to the KoS... H1Z1 came with PvE servers straight out of the box and they found a way to make sure there is no gear farming on PvE only to return to PvP.

There is no need to complain about the PvP at this stage because there is nothing else to do, the zombies are on easy mode right now until they get the server fps where they want it, crafting a base is kind of odd at the moment and needs work.

As someone who has played on both PvP and Pve servers I can say that running around knowing Im not going to get shot or charged by another player takes a lot off this games appeal, and lets face it, running around with no shirt or pants shooting people with a bow is entertaining XD.

2. shugoh

shugoh Member

Omg man get some perspective, we are not asking for peace and holding hands. We are simply requesting that they change the game mechanic that forces player into boredom, and thus killing everything on sight without even blinking. In a game where you had to work together to survive, where zombies were the greatest threat of them all, that wouldnt be the case.

3. Lazlo

Lazlo Member

I'll refer you to an older post I made about this subject:

Just to let you know most of the community like playing on PVP servers. There's nothing wrong with playing on a PVE server if you don't want the hassle of PVP and KOS. That is what it is there for, just don't whine about it.

4. Lazlo

Lazlo Member

How about you get some perspective? It's not *just* because people are bored that they KOS, it's because people are dangerous. Even if there were huge hordes of zombies roaming across the country, they are just piles of flesh waiting for their destruction. The real threat is not against the blackberry filled environment, nor the rag-tag hordes of zombies, but against the tactical, ruthless, and intelligent humans. I suggest you google the prisoner's dilemma and get a little more informed.

5. tricky

tricky New Member

I really don't get everyones issue with bandits, some people just want to watch the world burn . ( and gank your shit )

6. shugoh

shugoh Member

Youre making a fool out of yourself saying that a person saying "im friendly, please dont kill me" while running the other way is a threat. That is usually how it goes, and then they start chasing you(yes, not even hunting, ****ing CHASING, like little kids do when they play in the daycare) until your stamina runs out. Such a big threat. Stop making shit up, and stop trying to sound so informed when you are clearly oblivious, thanks.

Back to the point: Yes, if there were some kind of real threat in the game, people would not waste their time chasing around noobs just to get to laugh at them when they killed them, at least not as often. People wouldnt go into town just for the lols of "pwning some noobs" either if there were 500 quick and feral zombies there.

7. shugoh

shugoh Member

I have said it again, KOS and PVP is not synonyms, neither are they even related. PVP is something that enables KOS, but having a problem with 24/7 KOS is not the same as having a problem with PVP. There is such a thing as sophisticated PVP, but apparently you are not smart enough to understand such things.

I love PVP, but I also love the social part of the game that was really something you felt during the first 2 days off the alpha. That social part is now entirely gone. At least I have not had any fun social interaction during the last 2 days of playing, all Ive had was a couple of idiots chasing me shouting curses after me, and then jumping on my corpse when I died. That and the occasional 1-shot from behind.

8. Lazlo

Lazlo Member

Trying to insult the opposition is an indicator of failure, people tend to get mean when they are backed into a corner.

I know that KOS and PVP are two different things, all KOS is PVP but not all PVP is KOS. I'm not advocating for KOS, I'm not saying it's anything great and noble. However, it is a legitimate play-style and people should not be punished just because they play the game a certain *legitimate* way (i.e. not hacking). If you're tired of being chased to the ends of the earth by a couple of morons, then stand up and try to kill them, fight back. You might win or you might lose, so what.

Like in my previous posts I have said that you cannot tell who is a saint and who is a psycho. Some people will turn out to be the best of friends and other the worst of betrayers. Yes, there will be morons and crazy people roaming the wilderness to kill people to appease their blood thirst. But that's what this game is, it's a struggle against the world, and a major part of that is humanity. We can be your greatest ally or your deadliest threat. If you think not then answer this question: Would the zombies chase you forever and past everything to do the same thing? They aren't smart, they don't use tactics, and they are easily avoidable and kill able. Now think about about the humans (including the ones you just described).

But what are you suggesting be done about? I've read through the thread and all it seems to me is that "we need to inform SOE" about this. Am I missing something? However IMO SOE already knows that people KOS, like they have in almost every other game in this genre. Since this came out later than the rest, SOE has already been able to see what kinds of features work well in a game and what kinds don't. I'm just curious about what you are even suggesting?

9. Lazlo

Lazlo Member

[​IMG]

Just in case you didn't actually google the prisoner's dilemma, here it is. Now in the survival setting the "lose much" is replaced with death (most often). However, the "lose" is not associated with death, but instead just failure. As you can see it is more beneficial (for the both of you) to work with others, and I love to see it when people do. However, in any encounter you don't know what the other person is thinking and you don't know whether or not they will defect and try to risk it. This is the problem, should I risk death to work together or should I risk little to win something more.

I'm just trying to show you their reasoning.

10. shugoh

shugoh Member

TL;DR

But the real issue here is that EVERYONE is now KOSing, not some people. The social interactions are nearly gone, because people are so ****ing bored to hell. This will rotting community NEVER change, unless they make these drastic changes I have been talking about. Upping the loot and upgrading the zombies by about a 100x in quality, and about 500x in quantity. That is the only way to go from here.

11. Lazlo

Lazlo Member

So let me get this straight. You insult me for disagreeing with you. Then when I indepthly try to explain to you my views which are all valid, you could care less? Why even make a thread if you can't even be bothered to read my replies.

If you actually read my replies you would see that they don't *just*kill you because they are bored. People KOS for 3 reasons:
    1. They want your stuff PERIOD, upping the loot will just give more people more stuff and thus more of a reason to kill you for it. Upping the zombies isn't just magically going to make everyone work together.
    2. They kill you because they see you as a threat i.e. IT'S A HOBBESIAN STATE OF WAR, upping the loot makes you more of a threat, and adding more zombies doesn't change the fact that you are still a threat.
    3. These are the worst of the worst. These are the true psychos who kill people for funnsies and giggles. Doing anything won't change their nature. They are crazy and should be regarded as such.

Would I like more loot and zombies? Yes of course. But that won't change the KOS and it won't suddenly make people want to work together.

12. Dante Dread

Dante Dread New Member

To OP. I think your problem here is that you fail to understand this is a survival game. Why would you expect to survive if you are not trying to be sneaky with everything you do. Most people in this game when they see someone go "OH A PLAYER GUNNA GO PUNCH/BOW HIM TO DEATH." Well the best way to "survive" is to avoid human contact as much as possible, and only if it is necessary take a life so that you may live. If you play any other way your not trying to survive. Now granted there are players who can just own in pvp and no matter what the odds are they tend to survive, but I think this just sends the wrong message on how to play the game properly.

13. bazzaro135

bazzaro135 Member

Thats the nature of these games, yes its rough but it will get better with time.

14. shugoh

shugoh Member

No, these are not the worst of the worst, they are literally ALMOST EVERYONE. This was NOT the case the first 3 days after release. The KOS has grown more and more frequent every day since launch, and will not stop until people actually find something else to do. Yes adding a major challenge in the game mechanic WILL change how players interact with eachother.
    And no, most people dont do it because they want your stuff. Nowadays when I run around i have no backpack and no shirt, and people still attack me on sight, just because there is nothing else to do. It is ****ing sad.

A game is nothing more than its community, and this game will rot if they dont do anything soon. It already began to rot when they implemented P2W even when they said A COUPLE OF DAYS before release that there would be no guns, or practical equipment being related to paying real life money.
    They have alot to do if they wanna save this game, and they have to do it quickly.

PS: I dont even think that the developers of the game reads this, so I dont even know why I try. Maybe I care too much, but I really want this game to be good.

15. shugoh

shugoh Member

You are exactly right my friend. The best defense in these kind of games is just to be evasive. But the point is that people arent KOSing because they think you are a threat, they do it because thats all there is to do.

If I find another player to be a threat, I just leg it.

16. Lazlo

Lazlo Member

You are declaring everyone's intentions for doing certain actions, even though you don't actually know what they are. I gave 3 reasons, which are all valid, for why people KOS. I did not specify as to how many people fit into each reason, because I don't know. Just because if you're threatened you run, doesn't mean everyone does. I don't. Just because there are people you KOS for fun doesn't mean everyone does it for fun. I certainly don't. I'm providing philosophical arguments which you can look up. Why? Because this is simulation of the end of the world. People are going to mean, they are going to lie, cheat, and steal at the most opportune time. Will everyone do that? No. But you shouldn't expect them not to. You shouldn't just assume what others' intentions are.

I also provided why even though I want all the things you are suggesting, it will not help the problem "you" have. More loot will just give people more of a reason to KOS. It will also give people a better way to fight back (i.e. pros and cons). More zombies will not change the intentions of psychos, thieves, solo survivalists. Would it be more fun? Yes. But that isn't the issue. How about you actually read my arguments instead of just assuming, you might learn something.

17. shugoh

shugoh Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA simulation of the end of the world?
    Yeah I guess when the world ends in the real world, everyone would build bows and attack to try to kill anyone they see, and laugh out loud doing it.
    Sounds legit. You are a master of psychology brother.

PS: Worst simulation ever.
    PSS: I cant argue anymore since you dont understand the basic fight or flight psychology of the human being, people wont attack others on instinct unless the others attack first. Usually. And even if someone attacked first, most people would still run away.

18. Bor

Bor Super Moderator

Such a silly topic to fight about, this is. KOSing is what people like doing in a video game. Not everyone does it even. The ones who do are jerks, but if your looking for a game to play one or two hours a day, the easiest thing to do is kill everything. The ones who play like mlgs are the guys who co-op. Just different ways to play, these are.

(Kiddies tend to think it's awesome to go around killing everything aswell and THAT just makes me sad.)

The ones I truly hate are the lying bandits. I feel like there should be a penalty or something.

#38 Bor, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
  19. kryptocide

kryptocide Member

a pve carebear complaining about pvp on a pvp server when there are pve servers available. also NO noones has your idea of "but when a VERY large amount" moving to a pve server.

there are so much more pvp servers then pve... 139 pvp serve with only 29 pve... this proves ppl want to pvp becuz its a pvp game. f your survival game. your just mad cuz your bad.

#39 kryptocide, Jan 26, 2015
  20. Lazlo

Lazlo Member

Joyous more insults. When I said end of the world I was referring to the post-apocalyptic world the player now finds themselves in. I thought you would understand, how foolish of me. By definition Apocalypse means the end of the world, or some catastrophe that was so great it basically destroyed the world.

Really people won't attack others unless they are attacked first? Then by that logic no one should be attacked, since there is no attacker. There would be no wars or fights or anything. Gee what a great insight. Oh wait, you said *Usually* now what do you mean? What is most of the time? How frequently is that? It's a very grey area. If you say everyone then that's wrong because that would mean both of us do. I don't, and I doubt that you would be that hypocritical. So that means the number of people who don't is somewhere between us 2 and no one. Well at least we're making progress. *Also look at the ratio between PVE and PVP servers, those numbers are pretty shocking.*

I was stating reasons as to why people KOS, VALID REASONS LOOK THEM UP. Look up the Hobbesian state of war, do it, or are you just a troll that argues with people but refuses to read their side of it?

Did you really think in this type of situation where people were going to be nice? Did you really think we would have major communities everywhere (aside from the few clans)? Did you really think people wouldn't lie, cheat, steal, murder, and do every other disgraceful act? It seems like you don't understand the human psyche, because there are people IRL that do exactly those actions. What made you think they wouldn't in game?

#40 Lazlo, Jan 26, 2015