Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

How you know its gotten bad.

Discussion in 'Z1: Battle Royale' started by Apockelipse, Jan 21, 2015.

1. shugoh

shugoh Member

Read again: Thats why I said "usually". There are people killing others even in this state of the world, even then it is not even closely to being the norm.
    Read a book or study Krav Maga, then you will learn how the fight or flight psychology works.

Do you know how far this game, at least in its current state, is from how the world would be in a real apocalypse? Trust me when I say that people WILL NOT find the cheapest and easiest potential weapon(in this game it is the bow) and run out in the wilderness and try to kill every person they come across to find some "loot". 99% of the people would probably stay at home, lock themselves in, and try to hide from all the dangers of the apocalypse(Which still leaves 1% of the people that probably will try to kill, steal and rape, unfortunately when you are out and about its often these 1% you will see. Read about "adverse selection and moral hazard" if you are not familiar with this). I would imagine, in a scenario where a trespasser enters a property where a family lives, one of the last things the family would do is to kill him or her. First of all they would probably hide, and hope he didnt see them, or lock themselves in shouting "go away!".

It seems to me that you have no knowledge in the matter, so its futile for you to even try to make points in this argument.

2. Lazlo

Lazlo Member

I know about the flight and fight psychology. I was talking about The Hobbesian state of war and the prisoner's dilemma. And as for your example just because you *think* *this* family won't kill the intruder doesn't mean they wouldn't and it also doesn't mean there aren't others who would.

How about you actually understand what I'm referring to, before you keep lecturing me on things we both know.

3. shugoh

shugoh Member

I have studied the prisoners dilema and nash equilibrium, thanks.

4. Lazlo

Lazlo Member

So we have different reasons as to why the same things should be added, how about we leave it at that?

5. BigB055

BigB055 New Member

I can break this down for the small minority of you real quick. KoS is what happens MOST of the time. Plain and simple. Improvise, adapt and overcome. Please. Figure out how to survive in this world. I'm not going to hand it out to you when I am looking for the same shit to survive. I need it, you might have it. You should be willing to protect it just as much as I am willing to want to kill you for it.

6. shugoh

shugoh Member

Even with a helmet and a bow, it is almost impossible(or really really hard) to survive against 2 people chasing after you with bows(or just fists for that matter) since you both run EXACTLY as the same speed and have EXACTLY the same amount of stamina. It just doesnt add up.

And the problem is not me dying, that just ****ing sucks; but its life. The problem is that the gaming experience of the game is SHIT right now. I have had countless of friends playing this game since the start, and in the last 5 days they all quit. They all said they quit for the same reasons as well, its just not fun anymore when everybody went careface and crafted a bow and started KOSing. Nothing else to do.

7. BigB055

BigB055 New Member

Sorry. I should have just said, "Play on PvE if you don't like getting shot at."

8. Dante Dread

Dante Dread New Member

Thanks man. =)

9. shugoh

shugoh Member

Sorry. I should have just said, "I love PVP, but not griefing and faggotry", so stop it. Thanks.

10. BigB055

BigB055 New Member

Whatever makes you feel better. Just give it a name and start bitching about it. I heard about PvP and figured I had a challenge on my hands. Survive, scavenge, kill, loot and build. I guess I never thought about sitting around singing Cumbaya.

11. Bor

Bor Super Moderator

We don't need to argue-flame-argue on the internet, come on now. [MENTION=5198]BigB055[/MENTION] [MENTION=4922]shugoh[/MENTION]

Edit: I mean- STAY ON TOPIC, so my eyes don't hurt

About the "getting bad part", the game is becoming more of a grinding tool instead of a game for most people. Considering the amount of players who have been playing frequently, KOSing is becoming a way of "grinding for loot". When noobs start out, they make the game fun by role-play, graphics awing, or figure stuff out in general. People are serious now and it's impossible to to have trust. There needs to be incentive.

Solutions:

Join a clan

Make friends

#51 Bor, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
  12. BigB055

BigB055 New Member

I don't have twitter or know anyone that does but someone might get an update who is a MGS fan. My suggestion wasn't an argument. Just a straight forward way of saying deal with it or go play PvE. To clarify.

Edit - More of a statement than a topic but I will stay on topic. I don't think it is bad at all. Just the way the game is meant to be played out. It brought us all here to this wonderful forum to voice our "opinions".

#52 BigB055, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
  13. Bonzi

Bonzi New Member

You need to join a "LOW" population server. And be in a big group.

14. Thadius

Thadius New Member

Wow you guys are making mountains out of molehills. This is not about a KOS or Hero style. This is not about PvP versus PvE, and it sure as hell is not about the intricasies of the human psyche.
    This is about one very simple fact:

The map is too small.