Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Hush Hush Hush Hush

Discussion in 'Episode 614 - Twice as Far' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 20, 2016.

1. M3O

M3O Member

I love how they include these little puzzle pieces in episodes. It's fascinating and it shows us more of the world.

2. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I was totally hoping for an infant zombie in the crib.

3. EvieE

EvieE Member

I think it would have been neat to see a walker baby. Would have put a new meaning to the word ankle biter

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

That's what I thought was going to happen at first too. Then when they showed the empty crib, I briefly thought we might see a walker toddler crawling across the floor.

5. Neuropyramidal

The most tragic thing, if it was a 'shut up' kill, was that they had a pharmacy in the next room. :p. He could have given the baby some Benadryl. Obviously not a healthy way to get a baby to sleep in our world, but when there are living corpses pounding on your door, down the hatch, baby! :p

6. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

That was so disturbing! Iwas really hoping for a zombie baby. I guess that wouldnt be a walker, eh? Lol

7. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

I love the little mini stories we never get to see and have to piece together ourselves.

The broken suitcases on the railroad
    The sign "ERIN WE TRIED FOR STONE MOUNTAIN"
    Then finding Erin.

The zombified bodies in tents and sleeping bags in the office buildings of Atlanta

Stuff like that

8. JFAN

JFAN Member

I actually thought we might see a walker bay when I saw that shoe. I didn't put together the shoe and the sink full of crud meaning the baby was dead. I was thinking any minute a walker baby would crawl out and bite Denise's ankle. Personality I glad the writers didn't go there.

9. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

Where's Lizzie when you need her?

Part of survival training for the military includes time in a simulated POW camp; they play a baby crying over loudspeakers for hours on end.

10. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I think it was definitely a "shut up" kill, unless walkers have taken to writing graffiti on the walls.
    Maybe she smothered the child unintentionally while trying to quiet it. I thought of Quigley Down Under where the woman had accidentally smothered her own baby while hiding from an Indian attack. Or the episode from MASH where Hawkeye realizes his memory is not about a Korean woman smothering a chicken, but her own infant, while they hide on a bus.

11. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

Was sadly common during WWII. A baby can put everyone at risk, Judith has been lucky to be behind walls and/or with people who can take care of themselves, with her, her whole life.

12. br0k3n

br0k3n Member

Yes this was tragic. And well thought out by the creative team - handprints on the exterior indicating massive numbers of walkers at one point. Mysterious dragging thud sound. The casted and zombified mommy looking as tortured in death as her mind must have been in the hours leading to it. The baby shoe...

The creative work around the walkers in this episode was as much of a story as with the living.

13. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Drugs would have been a short term solution. This one solved the problem.

14. Neuropyramidal

oh.

15. GrrArrg

GrrArrg Member

The movie The Pianist was on TV the other day and there was a scene where a Jewish woman was wailing inconsolably and the reason she was wailing was because she had been hiding from the Nazis during a raid, when her baby started to cry, so she covered it's mouth to stop the crying and smothered him - but they found her anyway. Doesn't even bare thinking about.

16. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

oh man, I was just waiting for a little zombie baby to pop out from somewhere and start biting her ankles. Or something like that creepy ghost baby in the basement that scratches up that chicks face in AHS murder house. Eek.

That is such a heart and gut wrenching movie. It's what I had thought of as well with people mentioning convering the baby's mouth.

#36 Hedwig, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  17. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

My brother was in the Marines back in the 70's, and I can remember him telling me about having to "live off the land", etc. as part of survival training, but never anything like this. That's terrible. Makes sense, I suppose, but still terrible.

18. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Holding your baby tightly and accidentally smothering it when terrified of the walkers surrounding you and trying to get in is one thing. Drowning it in a basin of water is something else. Very creepy scene though, I don't really want to think about it too much, to be honest.

19. ella_k

ella_k Member

So it WAS a baby! Damn you boyfriend. I closed my eyes when they showed the crib and kept asking bf "is it a child, is it a child" and he said "no, nope. just don`t open your eyes yet".

ok actually very glad he lied and I didn`t open them...

this is awful :/

#39 ella_k, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

As soon as i saw the portable crib i started peeking through my fingers, expecting a zombie child. :zombies_nosmile: