Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

I actually really liked it

Discussion in 'Episode 412 - Still' started by kennyisalive94, Mar 6, 2014.

1. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

Wow. I watched the episode with low expectations, and I'm not sure if that helped, but I really enjoyed it. :) It might actually be one of my favorite episodes. The scenes between Daryl and Beth were great and Emily Kinney was amazing and so was Reedus. Both of these characters needed this episode imo, because they've really changed and evolved and I couldn't see it happen any other way. Daryl's no longer the squirrel huntin one liner spatting Rick's bitch, he and Beth both have kind of confidently accepted their situation with vigor. Their both giving the burning house the finger was the perfect book end for the both of the characters' arcs in this story.

Emily Kinney did a really fine job in my opinion. She can only say "Look, I'm going to do this and I'm going to do that, ok?" before it gets tedious, but that's Beth and her character development is great. And the highlight of the episode was when Daryl lost it and finally got so mad that he broke down and confessed his guilt about thinking he could've saved Hershel. Damn, when he started crying and Beth jumped on him, it was hard not to choke up.

I've never been too big on Daryl, but I actually liked him a lot in this and I think he and Beth are going to be more independant and better characters, but I really liked them as a pair and I thought the 2 actors had amazing chemistry, as far as friends go. I almost, almost do kind of want to ship them together, it's kind of hard not to. It's going to be difficult when Daryl and Carol meet up again, but maybe it'll be a good thing.

Altogether, really liked the episode and thought it was nice and healthy to have a break from the usual intensity of the zombies and the past episodes. One thing I have to say is that it's better when you watch it without commercial, I really think all of the episodes flow better when they're not on TV because TWD is slow paced and when you watch 5 minutes of commercials only to see Rick go from under the bed to outside of the house, and cue another 5 minutes of commercials(see the previous episode) you're going to want to throw your remote at the television.

Just saying, that's why I have my Amazon set up to where it automatically buys me each episode as soon as they come out, because I missed this last one.

But yeah, 9/10. Might be my favorite episode in the whole series.

2. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've heard the commercials on yank tv are out of control. They're a pain in the arse in Australia but usually occur at predictable points so they don't break up the story too much.

3. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

I think it's the same here, but still, ugh.

4. TyberiusFox

TyberiusFox Well-Known Member

Yeah, I never watch the first broadcast myself because of the commercials. I really don't want to be taken out of show by ford/crest/burger king. I want to immerse myself and obviously, these commercials can screw up the flow.

5. MassiveDynamic

MassiveDynamic La Jiggy Jar Jar Doo

favorite episode of the entire series? :zombies_confused: dunno about that. there are many good eps to choose from lol.

6. annaflyte

annaflyte Member

This was also one of my favorites. I don't know what I expected, but this was so good. It was the happiest episode this show has ever had. It felt fresh. I hope to see more about Daryl and Beth as characters after this. It will surely be interesting.

Ignore the haters. This episode has really polar opinions. Seemed to me people either loved it or hated it.

7. Moral Compass

Moral Compass Member

100% agree! I don't understand why some people are so against this episode. The writing was good, the character development was great.. :zombies_confused:

8. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

Totally off-topic, but regarding no commercials - it's the only way to go. Haven't tried it with anything recent (I'm too cheap to buy TV eps I can get for free), but Encore Western shows the old westerns commercial-free. Just short fades-to-black where the commercials would have been and you're right back into the story. It's really amazing to watch TV that way.

9. shakey

shakey Member

I've got the Amazon set-up also. The hardest part for me is waiting 7 days for an episode!

I think, next to "Clear" that this is my favorite episode as well. Like someone upthread said this episode is very polarizing for some reason. i understand how people become attached to certain characters, but I don't get how they hate certain characters to the point of being entirely dismissive of their stories. I have intensely disliked characters from time to time but they are still part of great series that benefits from them being there.

10. thewalkingmummy

Yes I generally agree with these comments and I'm actually really enjoying the slower pace of the past few episodes coming down from the high of the prison finale. It gives the characters a chance to regroup and redefine relationships and gives us a chance to get to know them better. I would like to think though that we're getting close to some story progression and that we'll start seeing some of the groups reunite soon. I don't think on a show like this they can keep this pace for too much longer.